PDA

View Full Version : I didn't panic

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-31-2005, 09:45 AM
I'm so proud of myself. :) :rolleyes:

I awoke this morning to the sound of Peanut throwing up. This is not a common occurance, but not something that never happens either. Every now and then it seems like she eats too much or too fast and throws up. So I was concerned, but not panicky.

Then I go to give her and CJ their treats, and she's acting weird, rubbing her butt on the rug. The only other time she has ever done this is when she had a UTI. But, I'm thinking, she's taking antibiotics, how can she have a UTI? So I dismiss it.

Then she's acting weird like she would take a step or two, then plunk her butt down. Get up, take a step or two and plunk her butt down. She did this a few times, and between this and the throwing up I'm now starting to panic - thinking of what I have to do at work and which vet to call to get her in ASAP.

I go downstairs to clean the litter boxes and notice she did poop - good thing - but it is one of the most moist poops she's had in a long long long long time. So I start to think that maybe the antibiotics are starting to cause her to have diarrhea. She is on a stool softener because her poops are normally so rock hard, so I start to think that between the stool softener and the antibiotics....

So I go upstairs and check her butt. Sure enough, she's got a big mass of mixed up hair and poop. I get the scissors out and ever so carefully give her a butt trim. At first she's not happy and fights it, but as I start getting it off she calms down. I think she could feel that it was disappearing so she let me finish. As I headed back downstairs, she was cleaning her butt and when I went back up to check on her, she seemed fine.

Sooo....I'll be watching her tonight to make sure that's all it was, and to watch to see if she gets diarrhea now :rolleyes: but I'm so proud of myself that I didn't totally panic and rush her to the vet. ;) :D

Oh, and no more stool softener until the antibiotics are done and it appears she needs it again. :p

Barbara
01-31-2005, 10:08 AM
Of course you got me close to panic with your headline.

But no, I think the behavior is explained by the fact that the poor girl had to walk in full pants:(

And yes: antibiotics plus stool softener seems too much.

So I hope sweet Peanut is fine tonight:) and I wish you some days of peace and quiet!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-31-2005, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Barbara
Of course you got me close to panic with your headline.

Oops, sorry Barbara. :o

I just kept telling myself "She's fine, her blood work was fantistic, she's fine, she's just got an upset tummy, she's fine, she's just got poopy pants, she's fine, her blood work was fantastic, she's fine...." and so on.

Full pants is the perfect description. ;) :D

catlover4ever
01-31-2005, 10:41 AM
Poor Peanut. I hope she is feeling back to her good self soon.

rg_girlca
01-31-2005, 10:44 AM
CONGRATULATIONS Debbie. A little bit of panic is okay and i'm glad it didn't escalate into a full blown panic.

You got to the butt of the matter and that's what counts.:D

jazzcat
01-31-2005, 11:07 AM
Yes, good for you!!!:) It's so hard not to panic after you've gone through so much.

Poor Peanut. I'm glad she cooperated for her new rear doo. I've had to give Ripley a few hiney make overs when he was sick, not the most pleasant of jobs.:rolleyes:

RedHedd
01-31-2005, 11:14 AM
Oh little Peanut poopy-pants. Poor little girl. Bet she feels better with the new "fur-do" down there. :p

Randi
01-31-2005, 11:21 AM
Well done, Debbie! A clean butt is probably what she wanted. :D If I'm around when Fister had made a poop, I take a wet cotton pad and wipe him with - he seems to like it. :)

Hope Peanut is fine when you get home! Don't panic! :)

ramanth
01-31-2005, 11:35 AM
Good for you! :D I hope Peanut's poopy pants syndrom clears up soon. :D

catmandu
01-31-2005, 11:40 AM
The Found Cats,are glad,taht thier Friend Peanut,is pooing,and although,there is not,a whole lot,of dignity,in a Cat Butt Cut,it is better,than Cracker Jack,and his Guardian,going PU!!!!!

RICHARD
01-31-2005, 11:41 AM
Not gonna fall into line and make Ms. Peanut the butt of any jokes.

Logan
01-31-2005, 11:46 AM
I was already saying to myself, "check her rear end, Debbie, she's got a "kling on". :o

Glad you got it taken care of!!!! :)

momoffuzzyfaces
01-31-2005, 12:06 PM
So glad it all worked out in the end!

;)

Paws and fingers crossed she feels better (and you do too) real soon!

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-31-2005, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
I hope Peanut's poopy pants syndrom clears up soon. :D

ha ha ha, what a hilarious way to say this :)

shais_mom
01-31-2005, 12:50 PM
panic or no poor you and poor Peanut - Kylie gets this on occasion being so chunky - she just went to the groomer for a bath and butt shave!
hugs to Peanut

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-31-2005, 01:07 PM
Thanks everybody.

Peanut Poopy Pants :D :D Just wait until I tell her daddy what everybody is calling her now. ;) :D :eek: :D

Cat Butt Cut! :D :D Is this a new addition to the Furminology? :D :D

catnapper
01-31-2005, 06:39 PM
Poor Peanut. I bet she feels relieved right now. I am proud of you for not panicing... I know I would have! :D

QueenScoopalot
01-31-2005, 07:20 PM
Glad it wasn't anything more serious than poopy pantaloons! (The feminine version of pants people)! :D I'm sure she must feel so much better having those dingle-berries removed. ;)

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-31-2005, 07:31 PM
poor Peanut.. I hope she is feeling better soon.

It is no fun to have an upset tummy... and then all your PT friends sit around and call you Peanut poopy pantaloons...:o

Debbie... you were a good girl!!! ;)... {HUGS} for you Peanut and CJ...

DJFyrewolf36
01-31-2005, 07:36 PM
Awwww Feel better soon Peanut!

I tell you what, I almost paniced when I saw that subject line! Poor Peanut!

Hopefully her upset tummy will settle down soon

*PS* Richard, Har har har even Remus had to :rolleyes: at that one

kt_luvs_kitties
01-31-2005, 11:25 PM
Aww poor Peanut! I hope you get to feeling better soon! I wont laugh at you sweetie, come over here to me, and I will give you some chicken flavored whisker lickins :D
I am so glad that you did not panic, and get all worked up. I know how scary it is, and I hope that I can be as levelheaded as you were in a situation like that. *HUGS*

krazyaboutkatz
01-31-2005, 11:43 PM
I'm so glad to hear that Peanut's okay and it wasn't anything too serious.:) The antibiotics sure can be hard on their tummies. Please take care Peanut.:)