PDA

View Full Version : Update on Jade

Uniqueviking
01-31-2005, 09:35 AM
Nina, the vet, left a msg. on my answering machine re. Jade's stool test.

Test showed she is "grampositive for growth of bacteria in the digestive system": E. coli, Streptococcus and Campylobacter spp.

(I'm so happy, I asked specifically for these tests to be made. Will go to the clinic in the morning to pick up her new light food and will talk to Nina and get all the details)

My poor Jade :( No friggin' wonder she's been - and still is - really sick.

BUT now we know what it is and it's treatable :)

She'll go on antibiotics + ...well, I can't remember the correct name, but it's like lactic acid bacteria + she'll switch to Hill's PD i/d.

PHEW!!!

rg_girlca
01-31-2005, 10:51 AM
I'm so happy to hear that you finally know what is wrong with Jade and that it can be treated with medication and a special diet.

Get well soon Jade and take your medication like a good girl.:)

jazzcat
01-31-2005, 11:03 AM
I'm so glad it's something easily treated! Did this explain why her eyes were changing color??

catmandu
01-31-2005, 11:42 AM
The Found Cats,and I were worried about Jade,and we are so pleased,taht it is somethiong,that the White Copats,can fix,and that Jade,will be al better ,very soon,and We MEEEEOOOOOW for Jade.

Kirsten
01-31-2005, 12:25 PM
That's great news about Jade! Good that this is treatable!

Does the vet think her weight loss comes from these bacteria? Well, at least this is a very good explanation for the constant vomiting. (Still wondering about the eye-color change though... )

Hope she'll be back to her old self in no time! Get well soon, Jade! :)

Kirsten

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-31-2005, 12:59 PM
Whew! Glad to hear it's something treatable and not too serious!:)