PDA

View Full Version : I finally made a cat bed!

zippy-kat
01-31-2005, 12:13 AM
http://webpages.acs.ttu.edu/tofisher/DSCF2274.JPG
(I need to figure out how to hide the seams.)

http://webpages.acs.ttu.edu/tofisher/DSCF2273.JPG

This is my first sewing attempt EVER. (I did have mom help me a bit.) Can't say that I'm exactly taken with a new hobby (patience is so NOT one of my virtues) but I might be persuaded to make one or two more. (My sis wants a couple for her cat.)

HOWEVER this one is K'Cee's and, being the the lil' snip she is, she won't get in it. :rolleyes: lol

krazyaboutkatz
01-31-2005, 12:18 AM
Wow! I think that's a very beautiful cat bed.:) I'm sure that in time K'Cee will learn to love it. Maybe she just needs to see another cat in it first and then she'll get jealous and want it all to herself.:)

wolf_Q
01-31-2005, 12:56 AM
Oooo I like it! Where did you get the pattern? Is it pretty easy to make? I think Reggie/Sydney would use it if I made one even if it is technically a cat bed. ;)

Lilith Cherry
01-31-2005, 05:53 AM
wow that's great! I love the faux leopardskin LOL:)

kimlovescats
01-31-2005, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
[B(I need to figure out how to hide the seams.)
[/B]

Just put a cat in it!!!:D Great job!;)

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-31-2005, 07:18 AM
IT LOOKS SO GOOD!!

and comfy... isn't it just like our kitties. .. all that hard work and they ignore it ..

She will probably warm up to her new bed.... Most the kitties here love their carpet condoms..:)

~*nice toes*~ ;)

luvofallhorses
01-31-2005, 07:35 AM
aww it's cute good job :D

catmandu
01-31-2005, 08:22 AM
Seams,or not,that is a Fine,Fine Cat Bed,and we bet that your Cats,are very proud,of thier Meowmie,and thier New BED!

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-31-2005, 08:30 AM
That is a GREAT cat-bed!! I know it would cost a lot of money in the shops:eek: ! Great job done :) :)

ps. How much fabric exactly did you need? There is a new craft shop in my town, and I am thinking about going to see what they have!!

ramanth
01-31-2005, 09:39 AM
Great job! Don't worry, K'cee will hide the seems (when she uses it. ;) :rolleyes: :D )

Does K'cee like catnip? I always sprinkle catnip on a new bed, scratching post, toy, ect. to get the cats interested in it. :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-31-2005, 09:51 AM
I agree! It's way too cool and the best way to hid the seams is to get K'Cee in it, and the best way to do that is to put some nip in it for her.

Congratulations on your first ever sewing project! Turned out better than the pajamas I made myself when I was like, 12 or something like that. :rolleyes: ;) :D

ratchet22
01-31-2005, 09:55 AM
very cool! :D I wish I new how to make one, you should see some that I tried, :D There in the trash. Great job,

rg_girlca
01-31-2005, 10:59 AM
Wow, great bed. Congratulations on your first ever sewing job.

Now we need to see pictures of K'Cee in the bed.:D

BTW, is that a butterfly tattoo on your toe.? If so, I love it.

jazzcat
01-31-2005, 11:01 AM
I like the fabrics you picked. Very nice.

The trick to hiding the seams is to pin the ring (unstufffed of course) to the right side of the top piece of the base and then place both the base pieces with the right sides together. At this point your ring will be hiden in between the two base pieces. Sew it all together leaving a little space open to turn it right side out. Stuff your base if needed (I don't, I sew layers of batting with the base) and sew closed, stuff your ring and hand stitch close and your done. Hope this helps.

Of course I like everyone else's idea of letting K'Cee hide the seams!:D

RICHARD
01-31-2005, 11:43 AM
Think of it this way.....

K'cee looks at the print and wonders what THAT cat did to mom....
And how it ended up as a pattern on her new bed.:eek:

shais_mom
01-31-2005, 12:47 PM
LOVE IT!!! Sounds like lil K'Cee - I went and Bought KEEGAN a bed and KLOE uses it more then she does!!!
we have the same lil green mousie the only kind of mousie to have!!! STUFFED!! :rolleyes:

Kirsten
01-31-2005, 12:51 PM
That looks great!! Now let's hope that K'Cee will start to appreciate it! :)

Kirsten

zippy-kat
01-31-2005, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the compliments, guys! :o :)

Originally posted by wolf_Q
Oooo I like it! Where did you get the pattern? Is it pretty easy to make? I think Reggie/Sydney would use it if I made one even if it is technically a cat bed. ;)

I snitched it off of a previous thread -can't remember who started it now (will look for it later tonight)- but used one of our cat cups for measurements.

Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky
~*nice toes*~ ;)

and

Originally posted by rg_girlca
BTW, is that a butterfly tattoo on your toe.? If so, I love it.

LOL Well, it's a tattoo but it's not a butterfly. It's more of a paisley design I drew one day while bored in class... decided it was pretty neat and took it to a tattoo shop... voila!

Originally posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
How much fabric exactly did you need? There is a new craft shop in my town, and I am thinking about going to see what they have!!

Umm... I don't really know. :o (Like I said, first ever sewing project and Mom helped! lol) The bottom is 18.25" around and the sides are 60" long and about 6" high.

Originally posted by jazzcat
The trick to hiding the seams is to pin the ring (unstufffed of course) to the right side of the top piece of the base and then place both the base pieces with the right sides together. At this point your ring will be hiden in between the two base pieces. Sew it all together leaving a little space open to turn it right side out. Stuff your base if needed (I don't, I sew layers of batting with the base) and sew closed, stuff your ring and hand stitch close and your done. Hope this helps.

Ok, will have to run that by mom because it went straight over my head. (Thanks for the tip, though! Will definitely try it!)

LOL Have to admit, stickin' a cat in it sounds much easier! ;)

Freckles
01-31-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
Well, it's a tattoo but it's not a butterfly.
OOOps, I thought you stubbed your toe.:(