PDA

View Full Version : my fish died

aly
08-08-2001, 09:30 PM
I came here ebcause Idon't know where else to go. Ijsut went to feed the fish and one of them is dead who Iv'e had for over 5 years. I always get sad when they die but this is the longest Ive had a fish. Idon't know whta to do,. I'm so supset :(

AdoreMyDogs
08-08-2001, 10:21 PM
Oh I am so sorry, Aly :( 5 years is a long time, of course you'd be attached to it, any true animal lover would feel a loss after that long :(

Again I am so sorry for your loss :(

Daisy's Mom
08-09-2001, 01:44 AM
I'm sorry, Aly! I totally understand. We used to have a huge fishtank full of fish. It was always sad when they died but I specifically remember the death of "Lovey" when I was seven. I had gotten her for my fourth birthday from my aunt and loved her so much, I called her Lovey. When she died, I cried and cried and everyone made fun of me and said, "Bridget, it was just a fish!" Some people just don't understand... but I know we here at Pet Talk do. You came to the right place! Five years is a long time to have a fish. I am so sorry you had to lose him now after all that time. Obviously you'd get attached to him after five years of being together! As Leslie said, any true animal lover would, and we all know that you are! Well, I am very sorry for your loss. Remember, time heals all :)

[ August 09, 2001: Message edited by: Daisy's Mom ]

Gio
08-09-2001, 08:17 AM
Aly,

I'm really sorry about your fish. If you share you life with any living creature for 5 years it is natural to get attached and grieve when you lose them.

thelmalu99
08-09-2001, 11:36 AM
Hi Aly,
I'm very sorry to hear about your fish.
I just wanted to say that I know how it feels. I'm sure that everyone here on Pet Talk does, which is why you have come to the right place to share this. When you have a pet in your life, you become very attached and when you lose that pet, it's very painful. It doesn't matter if it's a fish, bird, dog, cat or any other animal. They ALL enrich our lives in their own special way.

Hugs to you and your other babies.

cinnamon_19
08-09-2001, 02:19 PM
Aly~
I am REALLY sorry to hear about your fish! :( I have had fish, but never for 5 years! Wow! You guys must have been really close. I know exactly how you feel! Sympathy from Me, Breezy, Bananas, Cinnamon, and Josh! Hugs to you, and all of your cutie pies!!!

[ August 09, 2001: Message edited by: cinnamon_19 ]

sammi
08-10-2001, 08:54 PM
aly, So sorry about your fish. 5 yrs. is a long time to have a fish so of course you would become attached to it. We love all pets.

Ila
08-10-2001, 10:53 PM
So sorry to here about your fish. I know when I have had fish die it was upsetting to me. When you have had them awhile and for some unknown reason you look and there gone. Sorry once again.

Daisy's Mom
08-11-2001, 12:52 AM
How are you doing Aly? Any better?

aly
08-11-2001, 07:13 PM
Bridget - I'm feeling a bit better. Been trying to keep my mind occupied :( I thought of you today when I saw a basset hound at the pet store. Her name was Lucy and she was crazy about Reece. She kept running up to him, we must've bumped into her 30 times :) She was more interested in him than in the treats her owner was trying to use to get her away from Reece so they could leave.

TheAntiPam
08-11-2001, 08:43 PM
I bet Daisy sent that basset to cheer you! Of course, I'd follow lil' Reece around too, but then I'm a pushover for poodles! ;)

Daisy's Mom
08-11-2001, 11:49 PM
I'm glad you're feeling better. Aww, Reece is just a girl magnet! Daisy always wags her tail when she sees his sweet face on the screen :)

Thanks for thinking of me when you saw Lucy the Basset :) I do the same thing! When I see poodles, I think of you and Pam. Pit bulls: Kay Ann. Golden Retrievers: Logan and Albea. Labs: Lablover and Sanda. Schnauzers: petspoil and Jackie. The list goes on and on and on... ;)

Daisy's Mom
08-11-2001, 11:50 PM
I'm glad you're feeling better. Aww, Reece is just a girl magnet! Daisy always wags her tail when she sees his sweet face on the screen :)

Thanks for thinking of me when you saw Lucy the Basset :) I do the same thing! When I see poodles, I think of you, Tanya, and Pam. Pit bulls: Kay Ann. Golden Retrievers: Logan and Albea. Labs: Lablover and Sanda. Schnauzers: petspoil and Jackie. The list goes on and on and on... ;)

Eudora
08-18-2001, 02:15 AM
Aly I'm sorry about your fish! Hope u feel better now and i'm impressed that you could keep the fish alive for so long! Don't feel bad! :) *hugs*
-eudora~