PDA

View Full Version : Need advice for an Amazon

Gus
03-03-2001, 05:50 PM
I've just bought a Mexican Red head also known as a Green cheeked Amazon. He is ten months old and he is loved very much. I got him from a pet store who told me he was hand
raised. He came over to me in the store and said hello and climbed on my shoulder. but since I got him home he seems testy and irritable I know he has a knew cage, lots of toys,and a wonderful playground. We do love him but I have children and I want him to get adjusted to all of us. Is he testy cause it is a new enviroment or what and what can I do for him. I have not found very much info about this type of amazon so any suggestions would be wonderful. It has been a long time since I have had a bird so it is like learning all over again. the other problem is what can I do to bath him he doesn't bite hard but I would like him not to bite so much, what to do? One last thing his bath he does not like showers and are bird stors don't have much for birds I need a bird bath where do I shop on the net.

Annie
03-28-2001, 09:37 PM
He might be scared of something around him.Do you have any other pets? http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/confused.gif

------------------
:]

[This message has been edited by Annie (edited March 28, 2001).]