PDA

View Full Version : Who needs butt-baths the most?

jenluckenbach
01-30-2005, 08:30 AM
OK, so it is a silly question, but Jim was in desperate need of a butt bath today and I was curious.....do long-hairs need them more than their short-haired counterparts??

So, let's list who has been given a butt bath, and are they long or short haired??

Jim - long hair

Amber - long hair

Those are the only two I can ever remember having to butt-bathe.

catnapper
01-30-2005, 08:32 AM
Allen is short haired and he has chronic Stinky Butt Syndrone! I give him butt baths!

slick
01-30-2005, 09:02 AM
Max.....long-haired white Persian.....mega butt baths especially when he has the runs. Thankfully it's not that often now that I've switched his diet.

sirrahbed
01-30-2005, 09:10 AM
Dylan is my only longhair and probably the most fastidious!! He never smells and has never had a bath.

My stink-butt kitty is very short haired Eliot. Shall I share the BB Manual? (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40554&highlight=butt+bath);)

Twink
01-30-2005, 09:13 AM
Both of my long-haired lunatics have had their time in the tub. I find I have to keep the fur around Barliman's hindparts trimmed...if I didn't, Barlibutt baths would be a weekly occurence!

kuhio98
01-30-2005, 09:20 AM
No stinky butts here. All of ours are short haired females. Now my sister has 2 cats -- short hair males who are overweight. They both have stinky butt syndrome. I think it's because they are too fat to clean themselves.

And yes, they are on diets.

BigB_Kittys
01-30-2005, 09:26 AM
Snowball, our medium-length haired cat has never had a butt- bath, and rarely needs a bath unless he goes under the radiator. Then he looks like a skunk in reverse.:D

Rocky, our long-haired cat, on the other hand, usually needs a butt-bath a couple of times a year. He seems to have trouble sometimes with his stool hanging on to his hind fur and will walk around with it until we notice it. By then he has made boober marks all over the carpet. :(

Brian
Ontario, Canada

CalliesMom
01-30-2005, 11:12 AM
LOL I've never officially given any of the kitties butt baths. The only time this year I gave them a bath was when we had Hurricane Ivan hit and I had to keep the kitties in large dog crates for two days (I live in a mobile home and the only place we could go that was safe is where I work). Callie had an accident; she was having fits because she wanted out and tipped over her litter box getting all kinds of good smelly things over her. Poor girl. :o

catcrazylady
01-30-2005, 11:21 AM
Only one failed attempt at a butt bath around here and that was Magoo. Long fuzzy hair! It was much easier to have the vet shave it.;) :D

catmandu
01-30-2005, 11:48 AM
Moose,The Magnificent,had a Butt Bath,recently,as he is Long Haired,Heavy,and not as able,to wash his back end,any more.And he was not a Happy Camper,let me tell you!

moosmom
01-30-2005, 01:09 PM
MooShoo, aka Mr. Stinky Butt ALWAYS needs a butt bath!! Because he has no fur, it's pretty gross looking!

Kristl
01-30-2005, 02:20 PM
When Mason was a kitten, he had trouble getting his butt fur out of the way, so he's had a few butt baths in his time. Thor, never. Cleanest cat ever!

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-03-2005, 08:02 AM
Normally Inka doesn't need butt-baths. But, when her droppings get a bit "runny" or "sticky", it happens that some of the stuff gets "lost" in her longhaired butt:rolleyes: . She hates it when I try to remove it with a papertowel, so I usually put her butt in some luke-warm water and clean it. She even enjoyes that :D :D