PDA

View Full Version : I Sure Hope This Marriage Wasn't Consumated!!

QueenScoopalot
01-29-2005, 06:44 PM
http://www.navhindtimes.com/stories.php?part=news&Story_ID=012225

Girl married to canine to avoid bad omen
IANS Ranchi Jan 21: Adding one more chapter to Jharkhand’s history of blind belief, an eight-year-old girl was married to a neighbourhood dog in the certainty that it would ward off evil spirits.

The event in a village in Dhanbad, 240 km from here, earlier this week included all the trappings of a normal wedding including a marriage feast and dowry.

The girl’s father, Mr Shankar Munda, was quoted as telling local newspapers that his daughter had grown “dog teeth” on her upper jaws which was considered a bad omen.

“If the marriage had not been solemnised, our family might have faced some trouble,” he reportedly said.

Villagers showed little remorse either, justifying the incident. “If she had not been married to a dog, it could have invited evil spirits and the village could have faced serious trouble,” said Mr Raju Mandal.

According to reports, the girl’s parents gave their daughter a dowry of Rs 22,000 in cash, a colour television and a bed among other household items.

:eek: :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes: :confused:

GraciesMommy
01-29-2005, 07:00 PM
Some folks have some WEIRD belief!

bckrazy
01-29-2005, 09:04 PM
eeeewww! poor dog! he must be wondering what is wrong with these people? :p

catnapper
01-29-2005, 09:33 PM
At least he won't leave the toilet seat up or his underwear all over the place! :D

Seriously... how utterly odd.

sammy101
01-29-2005, 09:34 PM
:eek: lol,thats kindof weird:rolleyes: :eek: :p

CalliesMom
01-30-2005, 04:59 AM
:eek: quite strange...remind me again I'm glad I live where I do.

Aspen and Misty
01-30-2005, 10:37 AM
I dunno.

Your eight years old, you get to live on your own, just you and your dog! Sounds good to me! :D

Ok, seriously now. How would she get money? Is her dog gonna get a job? And what happenes after the dog passes on? Did hte girl have to kiss him on the wedding day :o I wonder if she is expected to have "babies" with him. I'm just wondering if this is the be considered a real marraige (one between a humna women and a human man). Or is it just a hey, for right now to ward of bad spirits you need to marry this dog. However, when he dies you can marry a human and really be married. Kind of thing?

Ash