PDA

View Full Version : Ruffles

fritz03
01-29-2005, 06:34 PM
Our 1st dog Ruffles,a miniature poodle passed on to the Rainbow Bridge on April3,2002 and we still miss him a lot.Sometimes we slip and call Fritz,Ruffles,but I guess it's understandable as we had Ruffles for 15 and a half years.Ruffles was blind,deaf,wasn't walking right and couldn't stand for long periods without falling down so Dad made the decision as hard as it was to have him put down.He knew it was coming,so he built him a coffin ,put carpet in it and when the time come to bury him,he covered with a blanket as if he was sleeping.It was dad that took him that day,mom had to go our and deliver meals to Senior Citizens and I was the only other person home.I took him outside for one last time and he did what he had to do and then brought him in.Dad had to have him there by 11:30 a,.m.i did see him leace in my car at that time ,but I could still hear him.After a few minutes of hearing nothing I checked and he was gone.Dad had taken him when I saw the car go and I really was upset i didn't get to say that last goodbye.Dad had to bring him home in the coffin,one of the hardest things he has ever had to do.He buried him close by and didn't even know he did it.I try and talk to him every night before i go to bed and it sure helps.We didn't tell anybody for a few days as it was really getting over the loss of Ruffles.We weren't going to get another dog for a while,but dad missed Ruffles so much ,that 4 months later we went and bought fritz.It was the best $800 we have have spent.he has been the best little pal you could have next to old Ruffy.

tatsxxx11
01-29-2005, 06:54 PM
Oh Barry, what a dear little pup your Ruffy was. It's so hard to lose a best friend like Ruffles:( He was so lucky to have had you, your Mom and Dad to love him those many years and when it was time, there to help him on his journey to the Bridge with such love and dignity. I'm so glad he's near you all, where you can visit and talk with him. Our best friends never leave us really, do they? They live forever in our hearts and memories until that day we meet again at the Rainbow Bridge. Thank you so much for sharing your precious Ruffles with us. {{{HUGS}}} Sandra, Cody and Star

K9soul
01-31-2005, 02:53 PM
Thank you so much for sharing about your beloved boy, Ruffles. What a precious and special pup he was, and obviously dearly loved. Sometimes the most loving thing we can do is to let go, when our friends are in pain and wasting away, but it is certainly one of the hardest things in this life to go through. Ruffles was a handsome boy, and a beautiful spirit. I am sure he is healthy, young, vibrant and playful again at the Bridge, awaiting the time to be reuinted with his beloved Dad. Rest in peace, dearest Ruffy.

slick
02-02-2005, 07:47 AM
What a lovely tribute. RIP Ruffy and enjoy your eternal life at the RB.

Sudilar
02-10-2005, 07:19 AM
Your tribute moved me to tears. What a wonderful life you have given Ruffy. How he must be missed! Hugs.