PDA

View Full Version : Paxil got to come home!

Glacier
01-29-2005, 05:03 PM
Paxil managed to keep her breakfast down today. So she got to come home. She's much perkier and lively today. She's a hit at the clinic, all the staff loved her. She's got an amazing temperment--gentle, loving and sweet. They said she never argued with them about anything--IV, pills, going back in her cage. Such a good girl.

I talked to the vet more today and Paxil will be going back in two weeks to get her blood work redone. We will schedule surgery after that, assuming the levels are normal again. Once the tumor is removed, she will send it off for testing. Paxil's prognosis depends on the grade of the tumor. If it's a grade 1, the removal may essentially cure her and her life expectancy is almost normal. Grade 2 is much less predictable. Grade 3 would mean only a few months left with us. My vet suspects a grade 2, given Paxil's other symptoms--weight loss, pancreatitis, vomitting.

I am trying to stay hopeful and not worry too much. She's still here, she's happy and comfortable. I don't want to ruin what time I have with her, however long that may be, by worrying about when she's leaving.

Thanks everyone

luvofallhorses
01-29-2005, 05:12 PM
aww that is good news feel better soon Paxil(((hugs)))

tatsxxx11
01-29-2005, 05:17 PM
I'm so, so glad that your baby got to come home today Glacier:) What a brave, tolerant patient she was:) All my love to you dear Paxil. Everyone at my home is thinking of you, keeping you in our thoughts and prayers and hoping for the best:) Love, Sandra, Cody and Star

fritz03
01-29-2005, 05:18 PM
Glad to hear Paxil is coming along.Hope it will be good news when the results of the tumor come back.fritz gives you a big kiss and hug!

lizbud
01-29-2005, 06:07 PM
I'm so glad that Paxil got to come home.:) Vet's place is
wonderful when you need them, but home is better.:)
I hope she continues to improve & you are absolutely right
to take each day as it comes & enjoy Paxil's feeling better now.
She's a brave girl.:)

K9soul
01-29-2005, 06:12 PM
Like the others, I'm so very glad to hear that Paxil is home. I know it must be so hard not to worry about the worst, but at least she is home with you, and much more comfortable and happy. I will keep dear Paxil in my prayers.

GraciesMommy
01-29-2005, 06:13 PM
Yeaaaaaaa Paxil!!!!!!

Corinna
01-29-2005, 06:32 PM
:)

KYS
01-29-2005, 10:28 PM
Glad she gets to come home.
Still sending many good thoughts for Paxil.

cyber-sibes
01-29-2005, 10:55 PM
glad to hear she's home. she's seems like such a sweetheart!