PDA

View Full Version : Here's the patient

catnapper
01-28-2005, 06:52 PM
Abby is home and recouperating quietly. The vet suggested I put a warm compress to her tummy... and being the good girl she is, she decided to medicate herself. She has been pressed tightly against the upholstered shelf. This shelf is directly above the radiator; it is nice and toasty warm. Guess she naturally seeks out what will comfort her most. :)

Miss Abby says, I am NOT happy about this cone thing.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/conehead1.jpg

Here is a side view where you can see a bit of her shaved tummy.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/conehead2.jpg

For all her good looks, she was a nawtee girl! I took the E collar off her to eat (poor thing was determined to eat and only succeeded in shoveling kibble up into the cone.) No sooner was she done eating did she start licking. On the collar went and a quick dab of Hydrogen Peroxide (which she did NOT like at all.) :D

luvofallhorses
01-28-2005, 06:55 PM
aww poor girl she get spayed? :p

christa
01-28-2005, 07:36 PM
OMG! That's sooooo pitiful! How can you stand it?

Get better soon, little Abby!

jenluckenbach
01-28-2005, 07:54 PM
That is pretty pitiful, isn't it?

Kim....you should be an expert at THIS phrase (because of Nicki the licky)....Abby....."NO LICKY!!!"

catnapper
01-28-2005, 08:09 PM
LOL... Abby FINALLY noticed we have two new critters running around.

Huh? Whats going on over there?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/whothat2.jpg

Mooooommmmmm... what did you do?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/whothat1.jpg

This is what she was so upset about:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/thatwho.jpg

jazzcat
01-28-2005, 11:13 PM
Awww, poor Abby. First you have her belly shaved and then you slip new critters in on her. I think meowmie has a lot of sucking up to do. Hope you're well stocked on treats.:D

kt_luvs_kitties
01-28-2005, 11:27 PM
Poor pitiful lil Abby girl:( I feel so bad after they get fixed, always breaks my heart. I had to do Hannah and Puff on the same day. And had to help assist in surgery. Do you know I was going nutso the WHOLE TIME!!
Abby, sweetie, please dont lick, so it can heal. I know you hate the e collar, but until you resist the temptation, it has to stay:(
Please give her a bunch of kisses from me. FEEL BETTER SOON ABBY!!!

krazyaboutkatz
01-29-2005, 01:37 AM
Poor Abby:( , I hope you heal quickly and feel better soon.

catcrazylady
01-29-2005, 06:22 AM
AWWWWWWE! What a little heart breaker Abby is. She looks so pitiful.:( Poor baby has had a hard time. First mom packs you off to Jen, surgery and pain, catnapping, a nasty cone, and then finally she gets home and mom has added two newbies to the house!!!!!!!!:eek: I think this little girl has had enough!!!:rolleyes:

Poor Abby baby do you want to come live with me?

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-29-2005, 06:46 AM
Abby does look just too pitiful...

I hope you are feeling better soon you sweet baby!!!

*kisses* for your little nekked belly...:(

smokey the elder
01-29-2005, 06:55 AM
Poor Abby. If you didn't bother at your stitches, you could lose the cone! psst...I think it's time for meowmie to "kiss a little kitty kan"

Cosmicat
01-29-2005, 07:32 AM
Satellite head!! LOL

aww.... just kidding, poor little Abby *kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

CalliesMom
01-29-2005, 07:35 AM
ABBY...get better soon baby girl! It is no fun when you don't feel well. You are far too precious to have to wear that e-collar..though it is kinda cute! **smooch**

catnapper
01-29-2005, 08:11 AM
Abby seems to feel normal now. I am sooooooo very glad she had the e-collar on last night. At 5:55 this morning (I know, I checked the clock and laughed at the time) she was scratching at the door. Whats so odd about that and why would the e collar make a difference? Because there is a crack under our bedroom door that she can squeeze through. Just barely. So if she didn't have the e collar on, she would have attempted to squeeze through, belly down scraping against the carpet and door jam, etc. She might have done untold damage! :eek:

Poor Abby baby do you want to come live with me?
You can't have her! First you'd have to fight me, then if I loose, Jen is tough and will fight for her too! Besides... having an Abigial and an Abby might be a bit confusing, doncha think? :D

CalliesMom
01-29-2005, 08:26 AM
WAIT CCL--I missed that entire question; asking Abby to come live with you!! If anything, Lorraine should get her and of course, then I would be next in line. We placed bids remember? :)

I still think Abby should come here. I don't have an Abigail or any other name that might confuse her. I have an odd number of cats; she would be #4 and that sounds so nice. Callie could teach her to be incredibly nawtee...**sigh** So CatNapper, feel like sending your girl down south? :D

catmandu
01-29-2005, 10:28 AM
Abby,we are so glad,to see you,back home,where you will recover a lot aster,and shed that Cone.

catnapper
01-29-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by catmandu
Abby,we are so glad,to see you,back home,where you will recover a lot aster,and shed that Cone.
I keep trying to take the cone off... and she immediately proceeds to groom herself. She doesn't go straight for the incision, but grooms her arms, then upper torso, then on to her belly. She looks so sad with it on, but I don't trust her.

I tried to clean it earlier using a cotton swab with peroxide and she screamed... I used the feather-lightest touch possible. Then she screamed when I added nice soothing Neosporing to it. Is it THAT sore at the cut? :( I'm trying to thnk of how sore I'd be if I had a big wound and it was cleand and touched. I'm sure I'd scream too. But it doesn't keep me from worrying about whether or not she's in excessive or abnormal pain.

jazzcat
01-29-2005, 12:13 PM
Wow, Rumor didn't act like her incision hurt at all. In fact I accidentally picked her up at the incision the first day home and she didn't even flinch. Does Abby's look red or swollen more? Poor little girl, maybe it is because she's so tiny. Rumor's big, I think she's part horse.

catnapper
01-29-2005, 01:23 PM
I can pick Abby up and no problem, she is infact acting like velcro kitty and is dying for loving (Awwwww). She is acting completely normal - jumping (despite me trying to NOT let her jump.) and interest in playing, though the cone make that hard to do. eating, drinking, etc.

She just hurt when I touched the wound directly.