PDA

View Full Version : "Rescue Clean Scoop" Litter???

aprilynn
01-28-2005, 02:08 PM
I was at walmart today and came across this white litter called "Rescue Clean Scoop" It is in a large plastic container but only weighs 2.75lbs?? It kinda feels like foam and doesnt really have a smell.. The container I bought was $8.00..

Has anyone used this before or heard anything about it or have any insight on this??

It seems too good to be true... it says it can last up to one month for one cat?! and it's SOOO light.... and there's no need to scoop pee clumps because it absorbs it..... on top of that it says that it eliminates odors... It doesnt say what's it is made from except that it is a "safe, inert, earth material that is envionmentally friendly and biodegradable"

here it is on petsmart in a 4lb jug: http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=84552444180 8203&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302033738&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302023690&CONTENT%3C%3Ecnt_id=10134198673211795&bmUID=1106943061789

Thanks in advance for any help on this!

(btw, i've had it in the litter box for 2 hours now and both kitties have used it w/ no problems (yet))

Kristl
01-28-2005, 02:24 PM
WOW! If it does everything it says it does, then it is rescue litter! I'm sure the cats would rather step on this kind than clay. Let us know if it's the real deal, if it is, I want some!!! Keep us updated, please!

moosmom
01-28-2005, 02:32 PM
I'm still waiting for the picture of the box to come up in the link.

Lightweight, all-natural cat litter has a pleasant orange scent.

If this is the stuff I THINK it is, I've seen it at PetSmart. The description above says it smells like orange. I thought cats HATED citrus smells. I know everytime I peel an orange, my cats scatter.

aprilynn
01-28-2005, 02:35 PM
I can't smell the orange in it.. it just smells hmm.. "CLEAN"
I pray that it works and that my kitties like it...

ratchet22
01-28-2005, 02:37 PM
let us know how it works, how many cats do you have? I have 7 at home and 2 very large litter boxes/buckets. So it would be a gift from god if it works. Let us now

aprilynn
01-28-2005, 02:43 PM
i just have two... Ellie and Macy.. macy is about 3 years old now and ellie is about 7 months old...

just one big litter box that they both share..

ratchet22
01-28-2005, 02:46 PM
litter box? Mine are hugh Buckets. Like storage buckets. They work great, they are unable to make the hugh mess when digging ever so hard.

aprilynn
01-28-2005, 02:49 PM
haha "litter bucket" i bought one of those covered litter boxes that the top snaps on and off.. it's nice and deep so they dont really get much litter outside the box...... I like it and it's easy to clean for me...

DogLover9501
01-28-2005, 02:51 PM
I would like to learn more about this as well.

Originally posted by ratchet22
litter box? Mine are hugh Buckets. Like storage buckets. They work great, they are unable to make the hugh mess when digging ever so hard.

My two use storage tubs too, they have one each.

krazyaboutkatz
01-29-2005, 01:33 AM
This sounds interesting.:) Please keep us updated and let us know how it works. I'd also like to know if it makes hard clumps or not.:)

catmandu
01-29-2005, 10:42 AM
I got some Cystal Litter,is that stuff Cyrstal? There are a lot,of things,in the US Stores,that dont come,up here!

catnapper
01-29-2005, 10:47 AM
I was just at Walmart buying litter the other day and didn't see it? The one thing I'd worry about is having those little foamy pellets scattered hither and nither. At least the cluping litter stays close to the box.... Pouncer is a litter flinger. I can see him flinging this stuff all throughout the house!

And does it last one month with multiple cats or just one cat. If its $8 a month for one cat... I've currently got 6 cats... and ususally spend $10 a month on litter... with this stuff I'd be spending 4-5 times that amount.

ratchet22
01-29-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
I've currently got 6 cats... and ususally spend $10 a month on litter... with this stuff I'd be spending 4-5 times that amount.

10.00 on litter? I have 9 and spend more than that. Where do I get in line? :D

aprilynn
01-29-2005, 01:26 PM
WELL................

the litter works great on odors... but since it's so light is easier for them to fling out of the box they tracked a bit last night... and it seems to be sticking to Macy's long hair.....
But as far as pee clumps - there isnt any - and the solid waste.. it dries it out so much that it's very easy to scoop out......

I'll post again in a week about this!

hdeneise
02-02-2005, 09:18 AM
I've been very patient waiting for the results of the "wonder litter". I have to go to Petsmart tonight though, because The BooBoo is out of food and litter. Can you give us a preliminary update on the test run...

The BooBoo is an only cat, but he his longhaired (does it stick badly?). He's so big that he barely fits in the giant size enclosed litter pan, and he insists on only tinkling in one corner of the box. This leads to softball sized pee-biscuits every night. :eek:

The no-pee-biscuits litter would make me very, very happy.

.....waiting <im>patiently....

Sarah_Atkinson
06-26-2005, 03:52 PM
I just tried this litter and it is amazing. It realy does nuetralize the smell. I held some a few inches from my nose and while it didn't smell plesent it wasn't so bad my eyes were watering. It is also incredibly easy to clean.

I wish it did cost less but I think the price is worth it.

catmandu
06-26-2005, 05:01 PM
I GET 10 BAGS,OF PET VALU LITTER,DELIVERED,TO THE FOUND CAT HOTEL,AND A BAG,USUALLY LASTS ME,ABOUT A WEEK,AT 7 DOLLARS,A THROW.I HAVE NEVER SEEN,THAT LITTER,IN CATADA,ANYWHERE,BUT WITH 13 CATS,I DONT THINK,THAT THAT WOULD LAST TOO LONG,HERE!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture503.jpg

Sarah_Atkinson
06-27-2005, 08:42 AM
The company that makes it says they are shifting their attention to another product they make which is a oil or oil lubracant. my guess is they came up with this stuff to absorb oil spills. probably had a cat at their labs and were using it instead of buying litter.

I would sugest anyone who can get a hold of this stuff try it and see if the benifits justify the cost for you.