PDA

View Full Version : Is your dog hyper or mellow?

Buddy Blaze Lover
01-28-2005, 01:14 PM
Thought this would be an interesting poll to start! Are you dogs hyper or mellow? Blaze is HYPER!!:D;) (you can vote "hyper", and "mellow", etc. for more than one of your dogs and note that, or just pick one);)

aly
01-28-2005, 01:24 PM
I've got 2 mellow ones. They do have a few active times each day where they run around playing, but they don't last too long.

vinjashira
01-28-2005, 01:55 PM
a hyper one, definitely :D

Kristl
01-28-2005, 02:01 PM
Well, since Bull is still a puppy, we go from one extreme to the other...I'm hoping he's a mellow adult...PRAYING actually!

flamepony12
01-28-2005, 02:02 PM
with Mackenzie and Zeus, it depends. But Muffin, on the other hand, is the most shy, mellow thing you'd ever meet! (except when she gets herself all excited and worked up. ;))

LuckiLab03
01-28-2005, 02:10 PM
A few months ago I would have answered hyper but now she's starting to settle down and see that every minute of the day can't be play time (she's a hardcore player) :p

K9soul
01-28-2005, 02:13 PM
I suppose it's partially age-related although some dogs just are more energetic and active than others. I'd say mine are for the most part mellow, more hyper when we go outside (especially Tasha). I'd say probably 80% of the time, they are calmly napping or gnawing a bone or grooming themselves.

Dixieland Dancer
01-28-2005, 02:32 PM
I voted a little bit of both for both of mine. Dixie is only hyper when there is a dog around who doesn't understand she is the alpha in the crowd. After she makes her presence known, she is the most mellow dog around and is very happy to oversee all the activities as she chews her sticks. Of course if everyone knows from the start she is queen bee, then she's mellow all the time. ;)

Dusty is always mellow except when another dog tries to take his frisbee away. When we go to the dog park, I have to hide the frisbee from his site so no squabbles will break out. :confused: If he doesn't see the frisbee then he doesn't care and just plays with the other dogs. He is a frisbee nut! Usually where you see Dusty, the frisbee is not far behind. :D

Tollers-n-Dobes
01-28-2005, 02:51 PM
Tango's an extremely active dog, not to the point of being hyper all the time but she's always on the go:) Echo is pretty mellow most of the time but she can be really active. Tia is VERY independant and mellow, latley she's been hyper but I think that's because she's been cooped up in the house alot of the time because it's too cold for her to go outside and paly for long.

petslover
01-28-2005, 03:31 PM
I would have to vote hyper for all of my dogs except for Muffin.. She likes to lay around.. Ziggy is the most hyper all of them. I have NEVER seen her calm, well except when she sleeps. I been hoping she would calm down a little bit, but she hadn't yet. I love her anyways though!

BitsyNaceyDog
01-28-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by flamepony12
with Mackenzie and Zeus, it depends. But Muffin, on the other hand, is the most shy, mellow thing you'd ever meet! (except when she gets herself all excited and worked up. ;))

You haven't met my Buster. He is nothing but shy and quiet. All day he sleeps either in his open crate or on the couch. There is no "excited and worked up" to Buster.

Bitsy is a pretty mellow girl, though she has her moments. Charlie is more active than Bitsy, but still a pretty mellow little guy. Nacey is my active girl, especially since we have Nova, the foster dog here. The two of them are crazy together.

ParNone
01-28-2005, 04:30 PM
I wouldn't really call any of mine, hyper. Well Murph was when he was young, but at 14, he's pretty mellow now.

Oz and Gully are good for about 1 minute of full out manic running, a couple of times a day, but that's about the extent of their hyperness. They are active though. They just pace themselves.

This more applies to Gully. Oz has reached a point, where if there's nothing happening, he's content to lay quietly. Gull on the other hand is making his loop around the house, checkin' things out or playing with his toys.

Par...

lute
01-28-2005, 04:57 PM
Beanie is pretty mellow, until he gets with his girlfriend Annie. she's the choc. lab from downstairs. then he's CRAZY!

GoldenRetrLuver
01-28-2005, 05:53 PM
Molly is pretty energetic, but I wouldn't call her "hyper".

Daisy has always been pretty mellow, even as a pup (lucky for me! ;))

Kfamr
01-28-2005, 05:56 PM
My dogs are pretty much whatever you want them to be.

When you wanna play, they wanna play.
When you wanna sleep, they wanna sleep.
When you wanna eat, they want what you're eatting.
When you wanna be a couch potato, you're going to have to fight for room on the couch.

Buddy Blaze Lover
01-28-2005, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr

When you wanna be a couch potato, you're going to have to fight for room on the couch.

That's awesome!!:D I'd love to have dogs like that!;)

GraciesMommy
01-28-2005, 06:01 PM
Gracie is just 8 months old and she goes from one extreme to the other..I hope she is mellow SOON!! lol But then I will probably miss some of the puppy antics too!

rizzy
01-28-2005, 06:02 PM
Sally is hyper most of the time, especially when were playing! But she can also be pretty mellow.

Lexi_Lover
01-28-2005, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr

LOL! Oh so true! Thats what Lexi does, but if she wants to go outside, you HAVE to go outside! LOL! Other then taht she is sometimes Hyper and sometimes Calm!:p

*LabLoverKEB*
01-28-2005, 07:05 PM
Sadie is a pretty mellow dog.:)

cloverfdx
01-28-2005, 11:01 PM
Clover is very mellow at home, but get her to the park and Flyball and the 2 herding/ working breeds in her come out ;).

Elvis hyperactive, not at all :eek:. He makes normal hyperactive dogs look calm lol. But thats what i love about him.

Theo is pretty hyperactive and Penny is just downright LAZY.

wolfie
01-31-2005, 03:06 PM
Both are mellow. I'd love a very active dog someday though.

Benjamin is hyper, but he's a rabbit, not a dog. ^_^ But still, I love that about him.

bckrazy
01-31-2005, 03:21 PM
Gonzo is hyper :p.. so so hyper.. he isn't neurotic and always on to go, though, and he mostly lays by my feet or in his bed when he's inside.

he is perfect ^_^

Buddy Blaze Lover
01-31-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by bckrazy
Gonzo is hyper :p.. so so hyper.. he isn't neurotic and always on to go, though, and he mostly lays by my feet or in his bed when he's inside.

he is perfect ^_^

That's the ideal Border Collie!!:D:D I love them though!! And Gonzo looks like such a sweet boy!;)

Tina
01-31-2005, 04:10 PM
My dogs are more energetic not really "hyper"

Ginger she is pretty mellow most of the time, but she does have her moments. She will get herself all excited or when she is playing with Reggie they are pretty hyper.

Junior I really don't know what to call him. He can be calm but when he is outside it seems like he is always on the move. So he is a pretty energetic dog. I don't think he hardly ever lays down to nap..lol!

Reggie she is more of a energetic dog also. She loves to play and also on the move alot. She can be calm at times also but I don't think she is a mellow or hyper dog.