PDA

View Full Version : Sushi is no joke...

slick
01-28-2005, 12:10 PM
MANAGUA, Nicaragua (AP) - A man who joked to friends that he would eat a fish live choked to death when the creature squirmed and lodged in his throat, police and coroner's officials said Thursday.

Police said the incident occurred when Jose Angel Torres Padilla, 22, was fishing with friends on Monday in the municipality of Dario, about 70 kilometres north of the capital.

Police said the man's friends told them he had put the fish in his mouth, joking that he was going to eat it live. But the fish squirmed and slipped down his throat.

Benito Lindo, coroner for the provincial capital of Matagalpa, told The Associated Press by telephone that doctors conducting an autopsy had found a fish in the man's throat.

What??? No wasabi????:confused:

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-28-2005, 12:13 PM
THAT IS TERRIBLE!!!!:(

CathyBogart
01-28-2005, 01:09 PM
I, uh...Wow, I'm completely at a loss...

moosmom
01-28-2005, 02:36 PM
Like...DUH!!!! :p I guess the joke was on him! :rolleyes:

NoahsMommy
01-28-2005, 03:40 PM
This is the side of me that is cruel....GOOD!! He deserved it. Why was he torturing that fish in the first place...jerk!

Its just like those people that get mad that a shark, bear, mtn. lion killed their friend/family member. HELLO?? They live where you're surfing/hiking/camping! Duh!

:p :p :p :p :p

wolflady
01-28-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
This is the side of me that is cruel....GOOD!! He deserved it. Why was he torturing that fish in the first place...jerk!

Its just like those people that get mad that a shark, bear, mtn. lion killed their friend/family member. HELLO?? They live where you're surfing/hiking/camping! Duh!

:p :p :p :p :p

I agree! :p

So, is this guy eligible for a Darwin Award? :rolleyes:

NoahsMommy
01-28-2005, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by wolflady

ha ha ha ha ha!! TOTALLY!!!!!!!! :D

gini
02-01-2005, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by wolflady
I agree! :p

:D :D I second that motion!

Edwina's Secretary
02-01-2005, 11:29 AM
And you wonder why warnings like..."do not iron clothes while wearing" or "grill is hot when in use" appear! This guy needed one that said...."kill fish before eating."

Pit Chick
02-01-2005, 03:22 PM
Let's see:

6 inch wide fish + 2 inch wide throat = one stuck fish :rolleyes:

PepperRSM
02-01-2005, 04:26 PM
So he deserved to DIE because he put a fish in his mouth? :confused::confused:
That doesn't make much sense to me... I think it's horrible he died. I can't believe some of you are sticking up for the fish rather than the person! :eek: You don't even care that he lost his life? You'd rather laugh at him?

RICHARD
02-01-2005, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by PepperRSM
So he deserved to DIE because he put a fish in his mouth? :confused::confused:
That doesn't make much sense to me... I think it's horrible he died.

He could have lost his life noodling.

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?threadid=70450&highlight=noodling

:confused:

Pit Chick
02-01-2005, 04:45 PM
Noodling gives new meaning to "live bait".

dukedogsmom
02-01-2005, 06:46 PM
When people throw all their common sense out the window and do something totally stupid like that, yes they are asking for what they are getting.

slick
02-01-2005, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Pit Chick
Noodling gives new meaning to "live bait".
:D :D Oh Pit Chick...you are way too funny. Thanks for the much-needed laugh.

NoahsMommy
02-02-2005, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
When people throw all their common sense out the window and do something totally stupid like that, yes they are asking for what they are getting.

Amen to that!!

micki76
02-02-2005, 10:55 AM
Didn't any of his companions know the heimlich maneuver? :confused: :(

Pit Chick
02-02-2005, 11:00 AM
Or how to grab the fish and yank it out?

Karen
02-02-2005, 08:47 PM
Of course we value the human being's life. It is just the absurdity of the whole thing that makes people poke fun. Of all the dumb things friends of mine have done (especially in college) when drinking, I am glad none of them died in this pointless a manner.

I do not know how well-spread world-wide teaching of the Heimlich maneuver is, nor if it is well-known in Managua. Not everyone gets the education we do.

We are sure the people who were with him feel terrible, and did not realize what was happening. They will probably always feel guilty for not stopping him, or helping him. They probably though he was kidding around, and just pretending. One problem with choking to death is you cannot say "Help me, I'm choking!" If you could, that would mean you had enough air able to pass in and out of your lungs, and are probably okay.

Corinna
02-02-2005, 08:52 PM
Doing the himlich probly would not have helped ad pulling the fish back would have caused gills and fins to open wider and ripped his esopgous more. This nut was done for from the mintue he opened his mouth to insert the fish.
I vote for a Darwin for him too.

Pit Chick
02-03-2005, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Corinna
This nut was done for from the mintue he opened his mouth to insert the fish.

Someone forgot to tell him it's "foot to mouth syndrome", not fish to mouth. :rolleyes:

catnapper
02-03-2005, 08:42 AM
I agree... what a moron! I can see the scene now. He had a little alcohol in him. He was trying to impress his friends. He was feeling cocky and saw the fish... hmmm "This will make 'em laugh!"

Well, ha ha, we're laughing all right at your arrogance and stupidity.

I remember some of the things the guys I knew at 22 did. It was stupid then and is stupid now. Alcohol and stupidity are a deadly combination. If they were not drinking on that boat then I'll swallow a live fish myself. :rolleyes:

dukedogsmom
02-03-2005, 09:59 AM
Hey catnapper, don't hold back now :D

wolfsoul
02-03-2005, 06:06 PM
That's funny because I just made sushi today in Foods class lol.