PDA

View Full Version : This is depressing.

slleipnir
01-28-2005, 10:42 AM
Kiba has been having problems with her teeth/gums for a while. She's only a year old too so it's kinda odd to see that. I took her in this morning to get her teeth cleaned and to see if she'll need her teeth pulled. Appearintly it's her gums, not her teeth. Which is good, I guess it means she doesn'tneed her teeth pulled..yet anyway.

BUT..............

The vet is testing her for Feline Leukemia :(:(:( It's possible she could have that...-sigh- She said cats tend to live for years but may suddenly get sick with cancer :( The thought she could get really sick makes me so sad. She's my precious baby kitten and I love her SO much. She's prefect, she doesn't deserve any of this. I hope so bad that that isn't what it is. I've been getting regular shots for her since I got her at 8 weeks...but the girl who owned her mother didn't treat her cats well at all...:(

Pray for Kiba to be ok :(

Kristl
01-28-2005, 10:44 AM
Oh, I hope she'll be ok...prayers on the way.

Randi
01-28-2005, 10:52 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that Kiba has problems with her gums, it seems a very young age for that. :( I really hope the test for FL comes back negative and her gums will get better, so she won't loose any teeth.

Kisses and scritchies to Kiba - we're crossing fingers and paws for her.

K & L
01-28-2005, 11:02 AM
Try not to worry too bad yet. Whenever cats have gum/teeth problems they always recheck for this since it is one of the symptoms. It could just be bad teeth like our Spike had. He had around 12 pulled and they retested him for it also. All came back fine. Good luck!

NoahsMommy
01-28-2005, 11:25 AM
We'll be praying her FELV test comes back negative and that teeth cleanings will solve her problem.

Take care. :)

catlover4ever
01-28-2005, 12:44 PM
Sending positive thought your way for Kiba. Just to let you know my mom has two cats that have lost all of their teeth because they have a gum disease.....and they do absolutely fine with no teeth....they even eat crunchy/hard food.

kimlovescats
01-28-2005, 12:46 PM
Hoping and praying that little Kiba is negative!

Poo
01-28-2005, 03:05 PM
So sorry to hear your news, i am hoping and praying that everything will be ok for you and Kiba.

QueenScoopalot
01-28-2005, 04:17 PM
Maybe Kiba should be tested for bartonella, and stomatitis. These can both cause horribly red gums, and can usually be treated with meds. Sending prayers it isn't FeLV.

slleipnir
01-28-2005, 08:01 PM
The tests for FeLV and Aids both came back negative! I'm soo happy about that, but I still don't know what is wrong with her...The vet said some of her back teeth are back and will likely need to be pulled. They're not bothering her right now though, so it's ok for now.

kt_luvs_kitties
01-28-2005, 11:35 PM
That is GREAT news! CONGRATS! I hope that she gets all better, and can live happily for a long time to come. *HUGS to Kiba and meowmie*;)

catmandu
01-29-2005, 10:44 AM
I pray,that Kiba,does better,than John Hancock,the poor Balinese,lost all,but two,of his teeth.Please Lord,let Kiba,keep her teeth!