PDA

View Full Version : Please Keep Me In Your Thoughts

manda_moo87
01-27-2005, 11:14 PM
For the past 7-8 months I have been having extremely painful abdominal pains. I went and saw my doctor about it in November and he wasn't sure what it could be, there were several things he mentioned and he immediately booked me an appointment at the hospital for an ultrasound. I am having it done tomorrow morning. The pains have been increasingly worse over the past month and a half. I'm a bit nervous about the ultrasound and everything, I'm sure its nothing serious but I'm still a bit scared and I hate going to the hospital. I just hope they can solve the problem so these darn pains go away! Please keep me in your thoughts tomorrow and I'll give you an update when I get home.

Thanks.
Amanda

krazyaboutkatz
01-27-2005, 11:20 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that you're having such awful abdominal pains.:( I hope that everything goes well tomorrow and that the ultrasound will show your doctor what's been causing your pain. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts tomorrow. Good luck.:)

rg_girlca
01-27-2005, 11:59 PM
Oh Amanda, prayers and positive thoughts on the way that it isn't anything too serious.

(((((HUGS))))) sweetie.

Tina
01-28-2005, 10:23 AM
~Sending positive thoughts your way!!~

K9soul
01-28-2005, 10:28 AM
Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. Let us know when you know something more. {{hugs}}

RobiLee
01-28-2005, 10:58 AM
Lots of positive thoughts coming your way. Keep us up to date.

Robin

AbbyMom
01-28-2005, 12:30 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for you, Amanda.

slick
01-28-2005, 12:37 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles Amanda. Prayers from the Mainland on their way.

Logan
01-28-2005, 12:43 PM
I do hope you will get some answers, Amanda, so you can start feeling better again. It could be so many different things. Hopefully the ultrasound will find the cause.

Logan

jazzcat
01-28-2005, 01:59 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way. Please take care.

flamepony12
01-28-2005, 02:04 PM
good thoughts, prayers, and vibes coming your way! I hope you feel better! :(

cookieluver7
01-28-2005, 02:52 PM
Amanda,

I'm sorry that you are having abdominal pains. Don't freak out going to the hospital, I'm sure every thing will be okay. I will be praying for you.

{{{HUGS}}}

manda_moo87
01-28-2005, 02:56 PM
Just got back from the hospital. The ultrasound wasn't so bad... :p the only not so fun part was having to drink 32 oz of water and holding in my bladder for a couple hours! :o LoL! The doctor was really nice and he said that my doctor will get the results in the next few days then I'll go in for an appointment. I'll keep you all posts on what happens.

Thank you for your kind words! :)

K9soul
01-28-2005, 03:03 PM
Amanda I've gone through an ultrasound like that before too where you had to completely fill your bladder. What a nightmare! I got so scared when they were running the ultrasound thing over my tummy that I'd have an accident :o

gini
01-28-2005, 03:26 PM
Amanda, my thoughts and prayers will be that there is nothing seriously wrong and your fears will go away.

You are so young, and should be enjoying life to the fullest and pain free!

QueenScoopalot
01-28-2005, 03:56 PM
Amanda, Think positive! ;) It's likely something like an ulcer, and they can (mostly) be cured these days. Hang in there! :)

NoahsMommy
01-28-2005, 04:15 PM
Poor thing...that's no fun at all.

I hope that whatever they find is something with an easy fix.

I had to have an ultrasound a while back and it is HORRIBLE. Holding it for that long with that much fluid is the worst!

Feel better soon. :)

manda_moo87
01-28-2005, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by K9soul
Amanda I've gone through an ultrasound like that before too where you had to completely fill your bladder. What a nightmare! I got so scared when they were running the ultrasound thing over my tummy that I'd have an accident :o

That's exactly what happened to me, it was horrbile! I was so afriad I was going to burst! :p Luckily I didn't!!

K9karen
01-28-2005, 11:47 PM
Yeah, it's not safe to laugh or sneeze with that much liquid in your bladder. I gagged with the H2o so I drank 32oz of coffee!!!! :D :D :rolleyes: :eek: I was climbing the walls-what a sight! Anyway, all joking aside, I hope the ultrasound will help diagnose your pain. Prayers that it's not serious and easily treatable.

Lexi_Lover
01-31-2005, 07:09 AM
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this! Did they get back to you on what could be wrong:confused:

GraciesMommy
01-31-2005, 07:24 AM
I have had to do that too! It is horrendous to try to hold it for that long AND when they do the ultrasound you just have to go that much more..lol

Hope everything is ok~

Lilith Cherry
01-31-2005, 08:00 AM
Any news Manda? Im sure everything will be fine!

When I had an ultrasound at 8 months pregnant, they kept me waiting 2 hours extra and I peed on the floor :o :eek: after I got off the table! Talk about embarassment! I can laugh now but then I cried!

manda_moo87
01-31-2005, 05:04 PM
I haven't heard anything from my doctor yet. Hopefully tomorrow I'll hear from him. :rolleyes:

manda_moo87
01-31-2005, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Lilith Cherry
When I had an ultrasound at 8 months pregnant, they kept me waiting 2 hours extra and I peed on the floor :o :eek: after I got off the table! Talk about embarassment! I can laugh now but then I cried!

Aww... gosh that would be embarassing!! I was so close to doing that myself... :o

luvofallhorses
01-31-2005, 05:09 PM
I hope everything is alright!