PDA

View Full Version : Daphne is sick...

wolfie
01-27-2005, 08:37 PM
Daphne's been limping. And she's had an upset stomach. And she was holding her tail limp today (she usually holds it up) and couldn't wag it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v633/rtess/pets/daphtail.jpg

I brought her to the vet, and they said she has arthritis. :( And for her upset stomach, they gave us a special food, and pills. The vet said that Daphne's tail could have to do with her stomach. If she doesn't get better by Saturday she has to have x-rays and bloodwork. She could have Lyme, a liver problem, a broken bone, who knows. I hope she gets better with the food and the pills.

My poor girl. I don't want her to get old.

sammy101
01-27-2005, 08:40 PM
oh Daphne!Please get better soon,so we can see your tail wagging again!
ill be thinking of you:)

wolfie
01-27-2005, 08:42 PM
Thank you :) I hope to see her wagging again soon too

wolf_Q
01-27-2005, 08:42 PM
Aww I'm sorry to hear that Daphne isn't feeling well. :( I hope it isn't anything serious.

dukedogsmom
01-27-2005, 08:56 PM
Poor Daphne. I hope the medication helps a lot. It does with Duke, though I'm having to use it more and more :( I so know how you feel about them getting old. It kills me every time I even think about my life without Duke. Give Daphne some hugs from me. I hope she's wagging her tail again real soon. You've got to promise to give us some pics when she's feeling better.

wolfie
01-27-2005, 09:11 PM
Thanks Amy and Val. I'll get pics of Daph and her happy wagging tail when she's better

cloverfdx
01-27-2005, 09:37 PM
Feel better soon Daphne {{Hugs}}. It sucks that our kids have to get old :(. I will keep Daphne in my thoughts.

LabradorLover
01-27-2005, 11:47 PM
Daphne will be in my prayers. I hope she makes a speedy recovery and starts to wag that tail again ;)

vinjashira
01-28-2005, 02:23 AM
get well soon daphne!

GraciesMommy
01-28-2005, 05:10 AM
Sending get well wishes to you now

ChrisH
01-28-2005, 06:39 AM
Poor Daphne. :( Sending prayers and positive thoughts that she feels better real soon.

Chris

RobiLee
01-28-2005, 08:18 AM
Lots of get well wishes coming your way, Daphne. I hope the meds work and that you are feeling much better.

Robin :)

tatsxxx11
01-29-2005, 05:56 PM
Oh Daphne, get better soon sweetheart. We need to see that tail up and spinning! Lots of well wishes, positive thoughts and prayers coming your way, sweetheart:)

bckrazy
01-29-2005, 08:13 PM
oh no! I really hope Daphne is wagging her tail again soon... sorry about the arthritis, it happens a lot. how old is Daph?

Kfamr
01-29-2005, 08:19 PM
Poor Daphne. :(

Please keep us updated on your sweet girl. {{gentle hugs}}

wolfie
01-31-2005, 02:54 PM
Thanks everyone for your nice comments and get well wishes for Daphne!

Daphne seemed to be getting better before, but now I'm not so sure. She can wag her tail a little now, and it doesn't seem like she has a stomach ache, but she still isn't acting herself. She hangs her head down low, and looks depressed. And she spends her entire day on the couch.

When I came home from school today, she started to come over to me, then went and laid down again. I went over to pet her and she cried. I don't know if it's just the arthritis or something else.

Here's some pics of my pretty girl. I tried to get one of her wagging, but the camera seemed to take all the pics between wags. ;) lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v633/rtess/pets/jan31daph1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v633/rtess/pets/jan31daph2.jpg

tatsxxx11
01-31-2005, 03:09 PM
Daphne, you are such a precious little girl and it breaks my heart to know you're not feeling 100%:( Hopefully the medication will continue to help ease your discomfort. Please get well soon, sweetheart!:)

fritz03
01-31-2005, 06:14 PM
Sorry to hear about Daphne.Fritz and i hope she gets better soon and her tail gets wagging again like it did before.

sabies
01-31-2005, 06:19 PM
So sorry to hear about Daphne. I hope you find out what is going on with her and there is something you can do for her.

Lots of good thoughts heading your way Daphne!

ramanth
02-01-2005, 08:33 AM
I hope you feel better soon Daphne! *hugs*

dukedogsmom
02-01-2005, 02:26 PM
I hope she's feeling better now. Did the vet say that she had to be taking the medication a while before it would take effect? I hate to see her like that and I know you feel much stronger about that than me.

wolfie
02-01-2005, 07:49 PM
Thank you again everyone. :)

I am still worried about her. She is acting so depressed, and really submissive. Everyone else seems to think I'm getting worked up over nothing - but I know there is something wrong with her still. My mom said she'll call the vet tomorrow and see what she says.

The pills are for her stomach I think, not her arthritis. So maybe it's just the pain from the arthritis that's making her down? I hope so.

I really hope it is nothing serious. I feel so dumb, but I was crying before when I was petting her. She just seems so depressed, like there's something seriously wrong.

I just took her outside to go to the bathroom though, and she acted normal and happy, so maybe I am getting worked up over nothing. I don't know... :(

edit bckrazy - I just saw your question. Daphne's 6, going to be 7 in April.

Kfamr
02-01-2005, 08:50 PM
I know when i'm really upset about something my dogs act sad as well. So, maybe she's just sensing that you're upset, so she's acting upset as well?

She's still young. :)