PDA

View Full Version : Rescue

Kristl
01-27-2005, 05:24 PM
Here's the story: My boyfriend and I went out in the country to look at a house we're thinking about renting. The owner lives in TN, but told us to go on out...he knows Nick. So as we're getting ready to leave I heard meowing...we went outside and I was poking around in an old shed/barn and heard meowing again. Then I saw a pretty little kitty in the rafters. She came down and came right up to us, rubbing in out legs, she let me pick her up too! She was pretty thin, and I didn't see any food or water. Nick said that he knew the people who lived there before had had a cat...this girl was obviously not a wild one or even a stray! They had left her there for over 2 weeks with no food or water!! So, I put her in my car and drove to the vet. She never tried to bite, claw, or hiss at all. She's just a big 'ol lover girl! Anyways, we took care of the ear mites, she tested negative for Feline leukemia, and she's pregnant! OH BOY!!! I am fostering her until I figure out what I am going to do...probably keep her! But the kittens....can't keep! She's about a month along, the vet thinks. Here she is. I've named her Angel.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid156/pa1241f688abe43500324ec3200b788ec/f550c468.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid156/p49cebd30f05ae1e2907156611f76be20/f550c467.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid156/pfa69b23b0c4e8d2b8632f43c0d2ad6fd/f550c463.jpg

Isn't she pretty??

CalliesMom
01-27-2005, 05:30 PM
Kristl,
You are such a wonderful person for rescuing that kitty. Bless you!

moosmom
01-27-2005, 05:35 PM
Kristl,

What a sweet little girl she is! You are so special to take her in. Maybe the vet can help you place the kittens. The gestation period of cats is 63 days, so she's pretty far along. Angel is the perfect name for her.

Curses to those awful people who left her to starve! :mad:

Kristl
01-27-2005, 05:38 PM
She was one HUNGRY girl too! I just filled a bowl with cat food and she's taking care of it quickly!! She weighs 5 lbs...which the vet said isn't real skinny, but she's thin! My boyfriend laughed when I told him she was pregnant! But she seems happy and content here in the warm house...I've got her in a crate. Thor and Mason aren't exactly thrilled!

QueenScoopalot
01-27-2005, 05:39 PM
I'm so glad you found her when you did! Poor little Angel sure had an angel watching out for her today! :) :) She looks like a sweetheart. :) Good job! :D :D :D Stock up on good quality kitten chow to feed her. It will help her build calcium up to nourish not only herself, but the kittens to be. ;) I give my pregnant and nursing rescues all the wet food they can eat as well.

kuhio98
01-27-2005, 05:46 PM
Well, I don't believe in coincidences -- so it looks like it was meant to be. You guys are her angels and she's your angel. Some people just don't "feel" a connection to animals. When we moved to Taiwan, the house came with the previous renter's cat. When my sister bought her house -- the previous owners left behind their 2 dogs and 1 cat. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I can't believe some people. (Naturally my sister kept the dogs and cat since the house was more theirs than hers.) :D

Good luck to you guys. Please have Angel spayed after she's through being a mommy. I hope you guys will give us an update on her progress.

Kristl
01-27-2005, 07:30 PM
Oh, I'll definalely have her spayed after the babies come... Thanks for info on the wet food...I'll do that! My mom thinks it's stupid of me to get yet another cat (I only have 2 plus her!), but I don't really care. I just couldn't leave her all alone out there in the cold!:( I will definalely post updates as we progress!

rg_girlca
01-27-2005, 08:57 PM
Oh Kristl, bless you, bless you, bless you, for not leaving this precious girl out there in the cold.

She IS a very pretty tabby girl.

Good luck with her and please keep us updated.

An Angel, saved by an angel.:)

krazyaboutkatz
01-28-2005, 12:58 AM
Kristl, I'm so glad that you found her and that you're able to care for her. She's quite a beauty. Angel is the purrfect name for her. Please keep us updated.:)

ratchet22
01-28-2005, 06:14 AM
Thank goodness for you. I am sure glad you came along and found her. now she can have the real kitty life she deserves as well as her babies. Thank You for being there. And Shame to those who left her behind..........:mad:

catmandu
01-28-2005, 08:34 AM
Thank God,taht you found this Poor Little Cat,and havetajken care,of her,and that her Kittens,will have a Good Chance,of being rehomed,instaed,of being born Feral.Your Little Angel.will bring you good luck,and repay you a Million Times,over for your goodness,in helping her,and her family.

Kristl
01-28-2005, 10:42 AM
Thanks, guys...I wish my parents saw it that way. I don't even live with them and they're being really stupid about this...I really don't want to talk to them right now...now my mom's trying to be all nice b/c she knows she pissed me off! My dad's acting like the worlds gonna end if I don't find her a home before the kittens are born...:mad: Driving me nuts!

NoahsMommy
01-28-2005, 11:29 AM
Oh THANK YOU for saving Angel! You're very kind to open up your heart and home to her. I know that's hard when the people in your life don't agree.

My mom was the same way, but after the fourth cat, I decided I didn't care what others thought and I could tell my mom realized that. You have a caring heart...that's what's important. In time, she'll lay off, as will your dad.

She's a beautiful tabby girl. :) I can't wait to see her kittens and hear more about her.

catlover4ever
01-28-2005, 12:38 PM
She sure is a beautiful tabby. Bless your heart for taking the time to take her in and care for her.