PDA

View Full Version : Bath time.......Why do I even bother?

Fox-Gal
01-27-2005, 04:59 PM
It was so nice today that I decided to give Odie a bath, sense Odie will have no part of a bath inside. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Nice and clean Odie.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/Fox-gal/Odiebath.jpg

Well that lasted about 20 minuets, if that. :mad:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/Fox-gal/DSCF0031.jpg
First we have to find the best place in the yard..........you know where there's dirt and some grass cuttings. :rolleyes: Make sure we get our back side nice and dirty.........We wouldn't want to keep that clean feeling to long!!

OH and lets not forget to do the tummy rub in the dirt too, heaven forbid that part stay clean.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/Fox-gal/DSCF0033.jpg

Why do I even try................:mad: :confused:

petslover
01-27-2005, 05:02 PM
awww.. LOL! That is exactly how Tiger does!! That post was too funny! Odie is too cute!

Lexi_Lover
01-27-2005, 05:03 PM
OH NO! LOL! Good try! Maybe next ti............ok or not! LOL! Cute oics, at least you don't have any snow, lucky! But then again, I couldn't imagine Lexi without any snow!:eek:

K9soul
01-27-2005, 06:21 PM
LOL, looks like he found the dirtiest patch he could. "Feels good Mom!" hehe

KYS
01-27-2005, 06:30 PM
I laughed so hard when I saw Odie's bath and after
pics. Got to love them. :D

Vette
01-27-2005, 08:51 PM
If you blowdry them off they wont be so quick to roll. i set Kirby down just after a towl dry and first thing he wanted to do was roll around. so i picked him up,, blow dryed him off even though it was a really hot day,, and then put him down and he took off doing the zoomies without wanting to roll.

and cute poochy! :D
hed be heck to blowdry. :eek:

dukedogsmom
01-27-2005, 08:54 PM
Odie is beautiful! This is one of the times I'm glad Duke doesn't have a fenced in yard. In my pre PT days(lack of knowlege, too) I used to let him run loose. I can't believe I did that! Anyway, when I would turn him loose after a bath, he'd do laps around the house. It was so funny. Odie it pretty clean or dirty.

Fox-Gal
01-27-2005, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Vette
If you blowdry them off they wont be so quick to roll.

Odie and a blow dryer......LOL............Been there done that and wont do it again. As soon as it goes on, Odie is climbing the walls. Odie doesn't like houses to well, then add into that strange sounds...........WOW :eek:

This is one of the times I'm glad Duke doesn't have a fenced in yard. In my pre PT days(lack of knowlege, too) I used to let him run loose.

Odie is the one I was telling you about, that was beaten so bad, by his last owners, that after years he still won't come inside a house if the door is shut. So the yard is his home..........have to let him run loose.

Odie has a lot of issuses and a lot of fears and I'm just thankful that he accepet us as well as he did.

GraciesMommy
01-27-2005, 09:50 PM
I think they think that is part of the bathing process

flamepony12
01-27-2005, 10:14 PM
lol... that is exactly what I experience with Merlin (my horse). :p I will spend hours shampooing, conditioning, and scrubbing. I will take him down to his stall, and for about 5 minutes he is a clean, shiny, nice-smelling pony. Then, comes the rolling. :rolleyes:

schteve_d
01-27-2005, 10:27 PM
I just finished mentioning this in another thread and then read this. You know what works wonders to dry a dog after a bath? Believe it or not, a wet/dry shop vac. Does a really good job of drying them and takes alot of loose hair as it does it. Buddy loves his vacuum after his bath (I'm sure for him that's the best part). Tasha would happily do without both bath and vacuum!
Great pics by the way, you can almost see the "I win" look in his eye!!

vinjashira
01-28-2005, 02:26 AM
:D they sure have a different opinion of what beaing nice and clean means :D

RobiLee
01-28-2005, 08:38 AM
LOL...oh gosh, don't you just hate that! I try so hard not to let the girls out after bath time. It just kills me when they go out there and immediately get dirty. Love seeing your Odie. What a handsome pup!

Robin :)

delidog
01-29-2005, 05:32 AM
Too Funny Fox-Gal!!!!

Odie is Gorgeous!!! Wet or Dry!!!!

Is "Odie" A New Addition????
I don't believe we've met before???:confused: ;) :)

He is Beautiful!!!

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-29-2005, 07:48 AM
*lol*lol*

Look at Odie's face in the last picture... he is sooooo casual about his last effort to get *clean*:D

dukedogsmom
01-29-2005, 07:54 AM
Libby, I understand about Odie. I had completely forgotten about that when I wrote that and didn't mean to make it seem like I was talking about Odie. Sorry about that.