PDA

View Full Version : Katrina

catnapper
01-27-2005, 02:07 PM
Guys, I am sooo excited! If this adoption falls through for any reason, I'll cry. The family interested in her sound WONDERFUL! She is very excited and has been e-mailing me back and forth. She has been showing coworkers pictures and the video, and she says its like she's adopting a human baby. She said a coworker asked why on earth she'd want to travel so far for a cat, and she said that she just KNOWS Katrina is the cat for her! I feel so warm and tingly. So sure this is the right place for her!

I just have to make sure she fills out the online application and gets everything signed and sealed by the rescue. Then we need to get Katrina spayed and set up a date for them to come pick her up! How exciting!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-27-2005, 02:10 PM
That's wonderful news, Kim!!!

Any chance Katrina's new meowmy will join PT to see what a wonderful foster meowmy Katrina has? ;)

sasvermont
01-27-2005, 02:11 PM
For some odd reason, when its right, its right. I felt that way about the new mom for Tiberus, when I emailed with her. It was good, and I knew it from the first email. Others I had dealt with were just not a good fit for some reason.

I bet and hope that all runs smoothly for the adoption. I drove 8 hours to Ti's new mom's house and was determined to NOT drop him if I didn't like the new mom in person. I did like her and left him with tears in my eyes, but a warm feeling in my heart.

When you know its right, its right!

Good luck.

Fingers crossed!

SAS:cool:

ratchet22
01-27-2005, 02:14 PM
Where is she at? That is amazing that someone would go a distance for an animal. That is the best adoption ever!:D

Sounds like she will make a good life time mommy. Wish there were more people out there like that! I would love to see a picture of her if you have one......hope everything goes good, and she gets adopted!

kimlovescats
01-27-2005, 03:50 PM
I know that feeling, Kim .... that is the BEST part of rescue work!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!:D

jazzcat
01-27-2005, 06:25 PM
Fingers and paws crossed it will work out.

Now don't expect me to be so cooperative when it comes to Murphy.:p

catnapper
01-27-2005, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by jazzcat
Now don't expect me to be so cooperative when it comes to Murphy.:p
Ok, deal! :D Wanna adopt him? You need to make your cats an even number! 3 boys, 3 girls! You got a Ripley look alike, now you can have a Jazz look alike! What do you say? YES????

jazzcat
01-27-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
Ok, deal! :D Wanna adopt him? You need to make your cats an even number! 3 boys, 3 girls! You got a Ripley look alike, now you can have a Jazz look alike! What do you say? YES????

Oh Kim don't you dare! This is about you.:p

Don't get me wrong though, if I could I would.:D He's right up there with Aly's Chance, my favorite PT foster boy. **I need a big red heart for here**

catnapper
01-27-2005, 07:03 PM
No pressure here Lori, but Murphy wanted me to pass this along to you:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/AuntiLori.jpg

Am I bad or what????? :D

jazzcat
01-27-2005, 08:41 PM
Oh Kim, you are VERY bad.

K & L
01-27-2005, 08:44 PM
How exciting!! Katrina seems like a very special cat and needs that special home! Please keep us updated on how all of this turns out.

lisalee
01-27-2005, 09:22 PM
Wonderful news! I hope everything goes thru for Katrina and she has a wonderful forever home. :)

catnapper
01-27-2005, 09:27 PM
Oh Kim, you are VERY bad.
Am I bad enough? Tempted?

jazzcat
01-27-2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
Am I bad enough? Tempted?
Lalalala, I can't hear you.

rg_girlca
01-27-2005, 09:52 PM
Quoted by Jazzcat....

http://www.gifpix.de/gifbilder/Valentinstag/00009660.gif

To my Murphy :)

Aww Lori that is so sweet.;)

krazyaboutkatz
01-28-2005, 01:05 AM
I sure hope that everything works out for Katrina.:) Please keep us updated.

catmandu
01-28-2005, 08:40 AM
The Found Cats,and I are praying,that the Adoption works,and that Karina,gets that Furr Ever Home,that my RB Stray Karina,was never able,to find,although she isa Charter Member,of The Pet Talker Angel Army.

Poo
01-28-2005, 03:12 PM
Great news for Katrina, I hope it all works out well for her :)

jazzcat
01-28-2005, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by rg_girlca
Quoted by Jazzcat....

http://www.gifpix.de/gifbilder/Valentinstag/00009660.gif

To my Murphy :)

Aww Lori that is so sweet.;)
Okay Lorraine, you are being very bad too!

Rocky has hit the terrible twos or the teenage phase, whichever, and he has been very nawtee. So nawtee that hubby has declared no more pets ever. Of course I know he will get over that but I think we can definitely say I won't be adding to the gang any time soon.

Lorraine, you are suppose to convince Kim she needs to keep him!

catnapper
01-28-2005, 03:56 PM
LOL... Thanks for the help Lorraine! Nawtee Rocky... you are spoiling it for getting a brother!

I have the bestest news ever! They filed the adoption application for Katrina, their references checked out purrfectly, and they wrote today saying they are excited and 100% sure they want Katrina! Yippie!

rg_girlca
01-28-2005, 03:57 PM
Oh Lori, we all know that Rocky will grow out of his nawteeness, after all he is still a kitten and we all know how hubby's can be when they try to put their foot down.:D (Chuckle, chuckle, snort, snort.)

Now how would that look to the shelter if Kim keeps all the foster kitties that come her way. They will think that she is selfish and doesn't want to give anyone else a chance to adopt these precious little ones. That wouldn't be fair now would it????

BTW Kim, I sure hope that this new home comes through for Katrina as it sounds like the perfect home for her.

I guess we were posting at the same time Kim. I am so very happy for Katrina and CONGRATULATIONS. Now it's time to work on you know who about you know what.:D

NoahsMommy
01-28-2005, 03:59 PM
That's WONDERFUL!!!

Enjoy your new forever home, Katrina! :)

jazzcat
01-28-2005, 04:30 PM
Yay! Great news for Katrina. Keeping our fingers crossed until it's final and she's at her new home. Don't forget to tell them about PT.:)

Lorraine you are right, we have to help Kim be strong.;)

Now to find Murphy that perfect home, hopefully with someone who will keep us up to date on PT.

catnapper
01-28-2005, 04:31 PM
Now to find Murphy that perfect home, hopefully with someone who will keep us up to date on PT.
Did you happen to have anyone in mind? ;)

catcrazylady
01-29-2005, 05:36 AM
You guys are so BAD!!!;) :D Poor Lori just managed to get TWO new kittens at once and here you are trying to get her to take another one! You can only push hubby's just so far in a certain amount of time ya know?:rolleyes:
Although, Murphy would certainly look really good in her house!!!:D Did I say that?:eek: Sorry Lori, I was trying to be helpful!;)

The news about Katrina is fantastic!!! I'm so happy that she is going to have such a wonderful home. It sounds like all the i's have been dotted and t's crossed so when does the little sweety leave for her new home?