PDA

View Full Version : booze and gravity.

RICHARD
01-27-2005, 01:50 PM
Russian man survives 40ft fall

A drunk Russian who fell 40 feet from a flat balcony after drinking a bottle of vodka walked away without a scratch.

The 30-year-old from Moscow, named only as Oleg, had come to a friend's flat for a party. But having downed a litre of vodka in a few hours he complained he was feeling ill and went to the balcony for some fresh air.

His friends said he lost his balance as he went on the balcony - and fell 40 feet down to the ground.

But instead of being killed he got up and walked back to the apartment, and carried on drinking as if nothing had happened, local media reported.

A friend said: "We thought he must have died after falling all that way. We called medics and they were just as shocked as we were to find Oleg a bit dazed but alive and well.

"The medics who had come in the ambulance said they can't work out why he didn't die and said he must have drunk so much that his muscles and limbs were so relaxed they were almost like jelly, and he bounced off the ground when he hit it like a ball."

-----------------------------------------------

Let's see........

4 liters is almost a gallon........

40 feet times 4 is...........

Carry the zero.................

WOW!!!!!!!!

160 feet!!!! I can go back to rock climbing again!!!

:eek:

moosmom
01-27-2005, 02:50 PM
RICHARD,

ROFLMAO!!!!! I thought "booze" and "gravity" were ozymorons??

I was in a car accident years ago, when I was in my late 20's. I was driving drunk (I know, big mistake, never EVER did it again) and passed out at the wheel. I had 3 Long Island Iced Teas in me on an empty stomach :eek: I was not wearing my seatbelt at the time. I drove off an exit and crashed head on into a guardrail in a commuter parking lot. I was very fortunate that I wasn't killed, or didn't kill someone else. The doctor in the emergency room told my father that my being drunk probably saved me from breaking every bone in my body. Why? Because I didn't stiffen up on impact. My body was limp. BOY was it ever limp!!!

Lesson learned! :rolleyes:

RICHARD
01-27-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by moosmom

Lesson learned! :rolleyes:

Why, when we learn lessons, are the toughest ones the hardest??

I hate it when doctors snitch on you....

I used to laugh when my mom would say....
"Dios quida ninos y borrachos" -God protects drunks and children.

:eek:

moosmom
01-27-2005, 05:37 PM
God protects drunks and children

I guess I fit somewhere in that equation!!