PDA

View Full Version : Livvy is ill :(

NoahsMommy
01-27-2005, 12:09 PM
To summarize Livvy:

We got Livvy three years ago from the Humane Society David and I were volunteering at. She was kind of overwieght, so she's been on "Lite" foods most of the time. I believe she's about 10 or 11 years old.

She wants to be the queen of the house, but Noah, Basie (and now the babies) wont allow that. They were cornering her and as a result she made a habit of using the couch, chairs and anywhere else her litterbox. We took her to the vet to make sure it was more a situational/habit thing and while she did have a UTI (most likely from holding it :( ). We moved her to our walk-in closet and allow her out when we're home. When its nice out, we let her live in our outdoor enclosure on the balcony.

When we brought her to the vet for urine, the vet wanted to take blood just to see how she was doing. She also took xrays because Livvy has a slight limp. The blood revealed corona virus exposure...it didn't mean she had it, but it showed she was exposed to it (most likely at the shelter). The xrays revealed an egg shaped growth on her liver. It was approx. 1" tall, 0.5" wide. The vet gave her some antibiotics for the UTI, told us to seperate her and that we'd keep an eye on her. She always ate, drank and had consistant bowel/urine movements.

When we got Jonah, we decided to "make" them get along and added him to her closet (or at times the enclosure so they'd have company). When we're home, Livvy has free reign, when we aren't home she's in her closet suite. ;)

Livvy is still limping slightly (arthritis) and has gained a lot of weight dispite the diet food. She isn't active at all...her life consists of sleeping, laying down, eating, sleeping, sleeping and laying down some more. She has spirit..she loves rolling around with a catnip toy, but that's where it ends...and she likes to bite when you pet her for longer than 60 seconds. ;) Livvy is the ultimate lap cat.

Last night, my vet came over and while we were chatting on the couch, Livvy jumped between us and wanted some love. Susie (the vet) couldn't believe how large she's gotten and examined the area she found the growth a year ago.

Susie said its gotten A LOT larger and that's not good. :(

Susie says it may be the reason she's been so inactive. :(

Poor Livvy. :( :( :( Please say some prayers for her. I/we don't want her to be in any pain.

moosmom
01-27-2005, 12:23 PM
Oh Kelly,

:( I'm so sorry Livvy is having problems.

The blood revealed corona virus exposure...it didn't mean she had it, but it showed she was exposed to it

MooShoo has also tested positive for being exposed to FIP. The vet said it was due to the poor care that Moo's breeder gave him. 3 of his littermates died prematurely. Necropsies were performed. While deemed inconclusive, after two independent exams, both vets said it was probable.

I'm praying for Livvy. She's had a difficult time and I hope and pray that it's nothing more than a benign tumor.

((((hugs))))) to you and David.

catlover4ever
01-27-2005, 01:08 PM
Oh Kelly, I'm so sorry to hear that Livvy is not feeling well. :( :( I will say an extra special prayer that she is feeling better very soon.

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-27-2005, 01:26 PM
OH NO...

BIG prayers on the way for Livvy..

please keep us updated...:(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-27-2005, 01:39 PM
Oh no! Seeing as how Livvy is a blackie, I've always been partial to her, and I'm so sorry to hear this distressing news. Did Susie say what the next step is - more x-rays, another blood test...?

kimlovescats
01-27-2005, 01:53 PM
((HUGS)) and prayers for Livvy!:(

AlleyCat
01-27-2005, 01:58 PM
Oh Kelly,
Now I will worry about Olivia. Please keep us posted and let us know what's happening! I'll be thinking of you all.

NoahsMommy
01-27-2005, 03:03 PM
I was kind of upset and shocked, but I think she said the next step is bloodwork, and a fine needle aspirate with an ultrasound.

The aspirate (and the bloodwork?) will let us know if its cancerous. :(

momoffuzzyfaces
01-27-2005, 03:12 PM
Prayers on the way for sweet Livvy. The cats have their paws crossed too!
(((HUGS)))

AmberLee
01-27-2005, 03:18 PM
Hugs and prayers from me; purrs and headbumpies from Livvy and Cassy. For Livvy and all your family....

NoahsMommy
01-27-2005, 03:24 PM
I know I should be positive, but when Susie mentioned cancer, all I could think about was that I've never had to put any of my animals to sleep. I always used to tell clients that "its peaceful and so kind" and it totally is, I've witnessed many, many euthanasias. But...Livvy? :( Its different when its your own, I guess.

OK....back to positive thinking...

Karen
01-27-2005, 03:24 PM
Prayers for Livvy dear!

Prairie Purrs
01-27-2005, 04:01 PM
Sending lots of healing energy to Livvy.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-27-2005, 04:29 PM
Yes, positive thinking is the only way to go. :)

catnapper
01-27-2005, 04:35 PM
Poor Kelly, poor Livvy. {{{HUGS}}} to both of you. I hope and pray the results come back benign. Positive thoughts!

It seems as if bad things all happen at once doesn't it? :( Good wishes coming your way.! :)

PayItForward
01-27-2005, 04:50 PM
I've got a soft spot for your beautiful Livvy, I'm sending hugs and cuddles for both of you.

QueenScoopalot
01-27-2005, 04:51 PM
Sending prayers for Livvy & ((HUGS)) for you.

LabradorLover
01-27-2005, 06:52 PM
Lots of prayers ofr Livvy on the way :(

Grace
01-27-2005, 07:46 PM
Sending prayers for all of you.

zippy-kat
01-27-2005, 09:13 PM
{{Kelly 'n Livvy}}

slick
01-27-2005, 09:50 PM
Kelly, please forgive me for not seeing this sooner. More prayers on the way from me and mega {{{HUGS}}} for you.

You know where I am if you need to talk.

slick
xoxo

rg_girlca
01-27-2005, 10:14 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for precious Livvy.

(((((HUGS))))) for you Kelly.

shais_mom
01-27-2005, 11:42 PM
I have always had a soft spot for Livvy also - Prayers and positive thoughts on the way.

Cinder & Smoke
01-27-2005, 11:58 PM
Hi god ~

Boots Kat asked us ta gib You a call...

We need sum Help an good test rezultz for Livvy Kat...

Annna few {{{GodsHugs}}} fur Kelly an David wuld be nice, too.

Thanks, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

krazyaboutkatz
01-28-2005, 12:03 AM
Kelly, I'm so sorry to hear about Livvy.:( Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please take care. {{{HUGS}}}

wolflady
01-28-2005, 12:05 AM
Gosh Kelly, I just thought I would pop in here quickly before I went to be and I saw this! Poor Livvy. I'll send some positive healing prayers her way too. I had no idea that something had been found before. When is she going in for the tests? It definitely is hard when something like this happens to one of your own, so I just hope that it's something that can be treated. Don't forget, I'm here for you too.

**hugs**
Karen

Barbara
01-28-2005, 03:07 AM
I am so sorry that Livvy is not feeling well. But take it one step at a time- now first we have to find out what's wrong with her.

All the best wishes for Livvy and you:)

neko1
01-28-2005, 06:03 AM
Poor Livvy, hugs to you both.

ChrisH
01-28-2005, 06:27 AM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for poor Livvy.

{{Hugs}}
Chris

Killearn Kitties
01-28-2005, 06:29 AM
The girls are keeping all their paws crossed for lovely Livvy! I'll be thinking of you all as well and keeping my fingers crossed for good test results!

catmandu
01-28-2005, 08:54 AM
Found Cat Prayers,are coming for Livvy.

NoahsMommy
01-28-2005, 10:54 AM
:) Thank you, guys.

I'll take Livvy in for tests next week. I'll be sure and keep you updated.

Felicia's Mom
01-28-2005, 01:16 PM
I just saw this thread. Livvy is in my prayers.

Poo
01-28-2005, 03:08 PM
Fingers crossed for you. I hope you get some good results.

MySweetBoy
01-28-2005, 05:19 PM
Get well Livvy!!!!!! Prayers coming your way sweetie.

jenluckenbach
01-28-2005, 08:08 PM
Prayers for Olivia. :(

Craftlady
01-28-2005, 10:11 PM
Keeping good thoughts and prayers for Livvy.