PDA

View Full Version : Blind as a bat

catnapper
01-27-2005, 06:43 AM
This morning my daughter decided to sleep in and miss the first class of the day because she was up way too late doing homework. She got up, asked if she could sleep in and headed back to bed. Katrina left her room at the time.

Ten minutes later I heard Katrina crying. I thought she was in my room, she was LOUD (and I never hear anything other than a soft mmeow here and there) so I was sure she was in my room. I looked across the room. I saw a white shape.. I kept calling her, "come here sweetie, you can get in bed with me." She never recognized me, so I got out of bed to get her. Only I came face to face with a roll of paper towels.

Yes, I am THAT blind without my glasses. I can't distinguish a cat from a roll of paper towels! :D

Well since I was up, I decided to let Miss Katrina in with her "mom". I hope the people that put forth the inquiry about her follows through . She NEEDS to find a forever home soon or it'll be my house! (Yes Lori, do the little happy dance - I know she fits in well here :D )

Oh, and while we are on "fitting in" Harry and Murphy have been having the time of their lives chasing each other and playing tag. They have been gettign along great.

christa
01-27-2005, 07:10 AM
First of all, LOL at your paper towels story . . . but I must say, I was as "blind" at one time. I had LASIK done when I was 21 and I'm blind no more! But I do know what you're talking about.

So you're getting attached to the new fosters??? LOL . . . this is why I don't even think about fostering . . . I know I'd NEVER be able to give them back up! Be strong & pray that someone will come along that will give them a good forever home!

;)

QueenScoopalot
01-27-2005, 08:40 AM
That's so funny! :D Years back a friend of mine mistook a sneaker in a parking lot for a cat. Black & white sneaker that sat there for an eternity lol! My eyesight (knock on wood) is excellent, and I had to break the news to Janet that what she saw was not a cat. :eek:

catmandu
01-27-2005, 09:21 AM
As Am I,and The Princess!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-27-2005, 10:54 AM
:D I'm not quite that blind without my contacts, but I'm getting there.;)

I sure hope Katrina's inquirers realize they will have a completely devoted and demanding kitty on their hands. I can't believe she cried that much to get back to her favorite purrson. :D

jazzcat
01-27-2005, 06:24 PM
I'm trying to do the happy dance here but I'm too busy laughing. Paper towels, LOL.

jenluckenbach
01-28-2005, 06:06 PM
Here kitty, kitty, paper towel roll.......(LOL)