PDA

View Full Version : A Very Good Article on FIV/FELV Positive

K & L
01-26-2005, 08:07 PM
This is a really informative article for anyone that rescues and deals with this situation:

http://www.neighborhoodcats.org/info/releasing.htm

kimlovescats
01-26-2005, 09:01 PM
Very good article, Lisa. I agree with their theory!;)

PayItForward
01-27-2005, 02:35 AM
For feral colonies I agree with the article. There is a limit of availble money and as these cats are unwanted by society :( and no owners are there to pick up expensive retesting and treatment bills, the rescuers can only do the basic needs i.e. food, altering (Which is thousands times better than being a feral in an unmanaged colony)

But releasing postive cats in urban neighbourhoods with healthy domestic inside/outside cats is unforgivable and the person releasing said postive cat would be responsible for the resulting deaths. I would be very angry if someone released a postive cat in this neighbourhood to hurt my cats, domestic postive cats belong inside away from healthy cats.

catmandu
01-27-2005, 08:58 AM
Thank You,as that has gone,into My Meow Mail,for future reference,as I ahve had Two Strays Gem,and Karina,who passed,on from that dread disease.

K & L
01-27-2005, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by PayItForward
For feral colonies I agree with the article. There is a limit of availble money and as these cats are unwanted by society :( and no owners are there to pick up expensive retesting and treatment bills, the rescuers can only do the basic needs i.e. food, altering (Which is thousands times better than being a feral in an unmanaged colony)

But releasing postive cats in urban neighbourhoods with healthy domestic inside/outside cats is unforgivable and the person releasing said postive cat would be responsible for the resulting deaths. I would be very angry if someone released a postive cat in this neighbourhood to hurt my cats, domestic postive cats belong inside away from healthy cats.

I think what they were trying to say is these cats were already there, so whatever cats are around them have already been exposed. I don't think it means releasing them in an area where they have not been before.