View Full Version : Clarice 1990 - 2005

zippy-kat
01-26-2005, 07:39 PM
:( Rest sweetly, Clarice, rest sweetly. :(

http://webpages.acs.ttu.edu/tofisher/Reecie_02.jpg

Clarice
1990 - 2005
Forever in our hearts.

My sis is so going to beat me but I love the expression on Clarice's face...
http://webpages.acs.ttu.edu/tofisher/lys_reece.jpg
Both approximately 2 yrs of age.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid152/p5634cf4e06b42580427eaa1d8dd21e89/f5a465f3.jpg
Both 15 yrs of age.

Karen
01-26-2005, 07:45 PM
Rest in peace, sweet Clarice. We know you were so loved here on Earth, and that you will watch over your family from the Rainbow Bridge. I am sure the *thump* princess - I mean Sophie, of course, will be there to greet you.

Sweet Clarice, now an angel
Rest in peace, and dream of sunny days
Sweet Clarice, of round face and blue eyes
Of happy cat grin, and snuggler supreme
Goodnight, sweet Clarice
Always in our hearts
Your pawsprints forever stamped on your girls' souls
Sweet Clarice
Rest in peace.

Hugs to you, Tonya, and your sister.

Edwina's Secretary
01-26-2005, 07:45 PM
Godspeed Clarice.... you will be missed....

Uabassoon
01-26-2005, 07:46 PM
Tonya I'm so sorry to hear about Clarice :(. You and your family will be in my prayers, I know how much you all are hurting right now.

RIP sweet girl.

CalliesMom
01-26-2005, 07:52 PM
Clarice was a beautiful little lady. I am so sorry for your loss but know you will be with her again.

kuhio98
01-26-2005, 08:04 PM
Farewell, sweet Clarice. Until we're all reunited again...

Freckles
01-26-2005, 08:05 PM
Clarice, you will be missed,
but always remembered fondly.

AmberLee
01-26-2005, 08:37 PM
Goodbye, beautiful Clarice.

Frolic happily with no more pain, dear girl!

slick
01-26-2005, 08:40 PM
:( :( :( Oh how I wish just once, I could magically appear before you and give you a big hug. You and the family must be hurting so bad right now. You've been so blessed by the presence of Clarice for 15 wonderful years. How could that be sad? Yet, even though we try to prepare ourselves for the end, hearts break in two when we see them go.

Enjoy your wings and your eternal life sweet Clarice. I never met you, but loved you just the same.

much love
slick
xoxo

lovemyshiba
01-26-2005, 08:55 PM
Rest In Peace sweet Clarice

I'll be thinking of you and your family.

Play hard at the bridge sweet girl.

rg_girlca
01-26-2005, 09:06 PM
I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Clarice.

My heart goes out to you and your family. (((((HUGS)))))

Rest in Peace sweet Clarice.

Grace
01-26-2005, 09:54 PM
Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow;
I am diamond glints of snow;
I am the sunlight on ripened grain;
I am the gentle autumn's rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush;
I am the swift uplifting rush
of quiet birds encircled flight
I am the soft star that shines at night
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there, I did not die

Author - Unknown

Vermontcat
01-26-2005, 10:01 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Clarice is gone now.:(
She was a part of your family for a very long time.
I love the photos of her and your sister, they really did grow up together.
Hugs to you and your family.

micki76
01-26-2005, 10:21 PM
Tonya, my deepest sympathies. :(

Play hard at the Bridge, sweet Clarice.

Cinder & Smoke
01-26-2005, 10:25 PM
:(

Rest In Eternal Peace, Dear Clarice.

{{{Hugs}}} to Alyssa, Zippy, Mom & Dad

/s/:( Phred

gini
01-26-2005, 10:55 PM
These times could not be more difficult and we weep in grief with you.

But Clarice really isn't gone.........she will be with you until your days are over..........and she will be waiting to jump into your arms once again.

She just hopes that you don't mind if she has a roaring good time at the Rainbow Bridge with Sophie and all of the other pets that are going to run to greet her. She is feeling great now and very peaceful and I know that her heart is filled with all of the love that you gave her for 15 long years. She will never forget her human family - just like none of you will ever forget her and all that she gave you.

The Rainbow Bridge - can you just imagine what it looks like?
It must be wonderful!

LoudLou
01-26-2005, 11:02 PM
Godspeed sweet Clarice.

Tonya and family my heart goes out to you at this painful time. http://www.flaming-monk.org/snog/images/smilies/hug.gif

captain
01-26-2005, 11:35 PM
Play happily at the RB sweetheart ....

Hugs to you Tonya .............

NoahsMommy
01-26-2005, 11:39 PM
My heart breaks for your sister. I had forgotten that she and Clarice had always known each other...for both their lives. :(

I wish you all can soon only remember the good and happy times, that the sadness will go away.

Play hard and long at the Bridge, beautiful Clarice. You'll be missed.

Love, Kelly

krazyaboutkatz
01-26-2005, 11:45 PM
Tonya, I know that this is a very difficult time for you and your family right now but just remember that you'll be reunited with Clarice some day. Now she's painfee and running and playing happily at Rainbow Bridge. She'll never be forgotten because she'll live in your heart forever. RIP sweet Clarice and I'm sure that my RB Pepper will be there to greet you. Please take care Tonya. {{{HUGS}}}

shais_mom
01-26-2005, 11:56 PM
It just isn't fair that they don't live longer..
You know I love you and all I can say is my heart hurts for you and you're family. I am so sorry.
Godspeed Reecie to the Bridge - There will be a sweet little lady waiting there for you named Josie - she loves kitties too. She might have a greyhound named Shaianne following her - don't be too rough on her she loves kitties!! ;)
hugs

zippy-kat
01-27-2005, 12:13 AM
:( Thanks guys.

I know we did the right thing as she was really bad today. She was bleeding from her mouth when I got home from work(it was the tumor but I don't know what made it do that). It was time.

She's out of pain (and I'm thankful - I didn't want her to suffer) but ... it still saddens me to no end. I should be happy, right? No more illness? :-/

I'm worried about K'Cee.
I don't know if she's mourning for Clarice (they didn't get along but they didn't fight) or ?? but after dinner, she jumped in my lap and went to sleep for an hour or so. For K'Cee this is unheard of! She's not a cuddle-er.... she likes to be near but not touch, and cuddling is definitely out of the question. She's not being the normal, trouble-making K'Cee at all... :(

jazzcat
01-27-2005, 12:16 AM
Rest in Peace sweet Clarice.

Tonya ((HUGS)) to you and your family. I wouldn't worry about K'Cee, I think she just sensed your need.

krazyaboutkatz
01-27-2005, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by zippy-kat

I'm worried about K'Cee.
I don't know if she's mourning for Clarice (they didn't get along but they didn't fight) or ?? but after dinner, she jumped in my lap and went to sleep for an hour or so. For K'Cee this is unheard of! She's not a cuddle-er.... she likes to be near but not touch, and cuddling is definitely out of the question. She's not being the normal, trouble-making K'Cee at all... :(
I agree with Jazzcat. I think that K'Cee is sensing your grief and just wants to be there for you. After I had to put my Pepper to sleep, Storm and Sunny were both extra loving and Storm also jumped into my lap and he's not a lap cat either. Cats are very good at picking up our feelings. I wouldn't worry about K'Cee, I'd enjoy the lap time with her because I'm sure it won't last once everything is more back to normal. Please take care. {{{HUGS}}}

popcornbird
01-27-2005, 01:07 AM
Oh Tonya, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Rest in eternal peace dear Clarice. You will be missed so much by your loved ones on earth.

Barbara
01-27-2005, 03:06 AM
I am so sorry for you.

RIP Clarice- you are now young again and as happy as in the picture with Alyssa when you both were two years old.

K'Cee I am glad to hear you comfort your meowmie now. You are a sweet and smart girl.

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-27-2005, 03:39 AM
Rest in peace, sweet Clarice!! You will be missed a lot here :(
Godspeed to the Rainbow Bridge, you will be welcomed by all our PT-pets there, like my Sydney boy!http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20786%20Sydney.bmp
Lots of hugs to you, Tracey!!!

http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20633%20rainbowbridge.GIF

Logan
01-27-2005, 05:13 AM
Tonya, I'm sorry that Clarice is gone. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. :( I think we all loved Clarice as if she were our own.

catlady1945
01-27-2005, 06:12 AM
Sorry for your loss. R.I.P. dear Clarice.

Rachel
01-27-2005, 06:37 AM
Oh, Zippy, how hard these past weeks have been for you and your family. At least you knew that there was no indecision about what should be done. Clarice was a beautiful and devoted kitty whose time here on earth was well spent.

If it is any consolation, please know that your saddness is shared here by so many of us. I hope when Clarice is ready, her spirit will make a visit to you to give you that assurance that she is okay and will love you forever.

:(

Killearn Kitties
01-27-2005, 06:38 AM
I'm so sorry that you have lost your beautiful Clarice. She was a beautiful lady and you did the right thing for her.

Rest in peace, sweet Clarice.

catlover4ever
01-27-2005, 07:19 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. Clarice was so elegant and beautiful.

Clarice....what over your earth family. May you play hard on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge until you are once again reunited with your loving family.

RIP Clarice

Randi
01-27-2005, 07:36 AM
Tonya, I'm so very sorry for your loss of Clarice, she was a beautiful girl. I hope it's a comfort to you that she had a wonderful and long life with you. Now, she's free of any pain.

Rest in Peace, sweet Clarice.

Sending {{{{hugs}}}} to you and your family.

Poo
01-27-2005, 08:22 AM
So sorry for your loss. At least she is no longer in pain. RIP Clarice. I am thinking of you at this sad time.

catmandu
01-27-2005, 08:31 AM
Waaht a Beautiful,Happy face ,you have Clarice,andits no wonder,that such a Wonderful cat,as yourself,will be so missed.Clarice,had been met,already,by a delegation,of Pet Talker Angels,and is having a Dinner,in her honor,at the Fontannbleu Hotel,in Miami.And Clarice,misses you,and thanks you,for the wonerful life,that you gaveher,and that you,will meet again.

slick
01-27-2005, 08:40 AM
She's not being the normal, trouble-making K'Cee at all...
Like the others have said, she loves you, she knows you are sad and this is her way of comforting you. Just go with the flow and enjoy her new purrrsonality for a while.

I thought of you most of the night Tonya and just want to offer up some additional hugs to you at this difficult time.

slick....xoxoxoxoxo

lbaker
01-27-2005, 08:42 AM
oh no. oh no. :( :( no matter how much you think you are prepared, you never truly are... oh Zip I'm so sad and yet we all knew it had to come. It's just never the right time is it? :( Your sister is going to handle this OK, you know that better than anyone. Stay strong and well dear Tonya. You are loved by many.. two and four leggers alike.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-27-2005, 09:43 AM
:( I'm so sorry. :(

RIP sweet Clarice, you will definitely be missed. :(

Tonya, I agree that K'Cee knows you're hurting and wants to comfort you. Peanut is not a lap cat either, and after Tubby was gone she was such a sweety and sat on my lap more than ever.

Hopefully Sid is doing the same for your sister.

And yes, you should be happy she's not in pain anymore, but that doesn't lessen your grief any. Even though she was "officially" sis's cat, she was a big part of your life too.

{{{hugs}}} to all of you at this difficult time. :(

lizbud
01-27-2005, 09:49 AM
I am so sorry for your loss.:( Clarice was a dear friend for
so long and I know she will be greatly missed.:(

Rest easy now sweet Clarice.:(

Life's Eternal Song

I hold you 'till Life's Breath is gone
I cry for all I'm worth
Even though I know we share a memory
Of you and I on Earth.

As I sit upon the windowsill
Looking out into the rain
There's still a brightness in the sky
That clears away the pain

As I look into the Heavens
I feel that you are gone
But I know that you are there with God
Singing Life's Eternal Song

-By: Rachel Schlow, age 10

ratchet22
01-27-2005, 11:02 AM
((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))

Rest in peace Clarice, you will be missed, Till you and your mommy meet again please watch over her.
My condolences to the family.

wolflady
01-27-2005, 12:08 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Clarice. It is always hard to lose our beloved pets, but she had a wonderful life with a wonderful family and she was indeed one happy kitty! :D
*****hugs***** May she rest in peace, and please know you now have another angel at the Rainbow Bridge looking over you
:( You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers during your time of healing.
*****hugs*****
Karen

smokey the elder
01-27-2005, 12:27 PM
RIP, sweet Clarice. Those pictures were very sweet of you!

momoffuzzyfaces
01-27-2005, 01:10 PM
My heart breaks for you and your entire family.
I want to share an email from my RB Leroy:

hi, mom
jest haf to tell u, miss clarice made it ta da bridge jest fine!
Miz Sophie met her wif a big boquet ob catnip, den aunt nancy scooped her up for a big cuddle session.
Clarice is so pretty, mom! she looks jest like she does in dat picture where she is 2 years old. smilin all ober da place.
we are hafing a welcome home party for her.

Clarice said tell her family she loves dem and tanks for all da love day shared wif her. it's locked in her heart and she will keep it close. she said tanks for loving her enouf to not let her suffer an try not to cry too much; she will see dem all again. Until den, she and Miz Sophie are goin to keep da rainbow bridge staff on dair toes!

i'm being real good too, mom.
luv, yr big boy, leroy oh and lucy an all da obbers send dair luv too!

slick
01-27-2005, 01:43 PM
:( :( :( Oh Connie.....way to make me cry again......

Cosmicat
01-27-2005, 06:25 PM
May Clarice Rest In Peace.

And God asked the feline spirit
Are you ready to come home?
Oh, yes, quite so, replied the precious soul
And, as a cat, I am most able
To decide anything for myself

Are you coming then? asked God.
Soon, replied the whiskered angel
But I must come slowly.
For my human friends are troubled.
For you see, they need me, quite certainly.

But don't they understand? asked God
That you'll never leave them?
That you souls are intertwined for all eternity?
That nothing is created or destroyed?
It just is...forever and ever and ever.

Eventually they will understand,
Replied the glorious cat.
For I will whisper into their hearts
That I am always with them
I just am...forever and ever and ever.

~ Author Unknown

Cataholic
01-27-2005, 06:57 PM
Oh, Tonya. I am so sorry to read about Clarice. May you and your family be especially comforted now during this very sad time. She isn't gone from your hearts.

wolf_Q
01-27-2005, 08:13 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :( Clarice was a beautiful cat loved by many. {{{Hugs}}} to you and your family.

karlyb
01-28-2005, 12:04 AM
I'm so sorry about Clarice. She was such a beautiful kitty and much loved by her family and friends at Pet Talk. It was a difficult decision to let her go but you made the best decision for your dear friend Clarice. She'll always be in your heart.

zippy-kat
01-28-2005, 08:00 AM
Just wanted to tell everyone thank you for the kind replies. I haven't been able to read all of them yet but I will. :(

K'Cee spent the afternoon (from lunch until I came home from work at 5) on my bed. I was absolutely exhausted and went to bed about 7.30 -- guess who came back and got in bed with me? Luckily, my "kitten" is better behaved than Alyssa's.... *snicker*

"Sid the Sloth" has my sister quited entertained... she was complaining night before last that she didn't get much sleep; it seems Sid the Sloth isn't quite as sloth-ish as we thought. lol To recap the nocturnal events: he was on the headboard, he was on her head, he was chewing her hair, he was biting her nose, he was on top of her tv, he was knocking off pictures, he was pulling tissues out of the box, he was banging his scratching post against the door, he was talking (loudly!!) to his toys, he was talking (loudly!!) to the cat who lives in the mirror, etc etc etc.

Kittens are good medicine! :D

Thank you again for replying... I will read them all but it's just too hard right now.

K9soul
01-28-2005, 09:15 AM
I am so sorry for your loss, what a hole in your heart you must have right now. Clarice was a beautiful and very special girl. Run happy and healthy at the bridge Clarice, you'll be with your Mom again someday.

Miss Meow
01-28-2005, 11:03 PM
I'm so sorry, Tonya. I saw this yesterday but was too teared up to type. My thoughts are with you and your family.

She was a great cat and it was an honour to get to know her.

luvofallhorses
01-29-2005, 10:20 AM
I am so sorry for your loss :( shais_mom told me that you lost a cat and I didn't even KNOW :(

Kfamr
01-29-2005, 10:27 AM
Tonya, I read this thread a few days ago and I was in tears.

Those pictures are just too beautiful.. what a wonderful companionship your sister had with that sweet kittie. Please let her know we're thinking of her, as well as the rest of your family.

{{HUGS}} to all of you.

Kater
01-29-2005, 04:55 PM
What a difficult loss for your family. :( ...one can never be "prepared" for it, of course. I'm glad she had some extra time, that was a special gift.

Clarice is so beautiful and will make a beautiful kitty angel. :) RIP always, "Reecie".

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} to Zippy and her family.

cloverfdx
01-30-2005, 07:09 AM
I am so sorry Tonya :(. Play nicely at the bridge sweet Clarice.

catnapper
01-30-2005, 08:39 AM
I am sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful cat who grew up with you. I know she will be watching over you until you both meet again at hte RB.

QueenScoopalot
01-30-2005, 08:50 AM
I'm so sorry you lost beloved Clarice. RIP lovely girl.

Medusa
01-31-2005, 11:14 AM
I'm sorry to hear about Clarice. At least now, though, she isn't in any pain. I know that YOU are, however, because you miss her. Hugs to you and your family and take comfort in the fact that you loved and cared for her and cherished your time together. You both have been blessed.

Blessings,
M

ramanth
01-31-2005, 01:09 PM
Oh Tonya, I'm so sorry. :(

RIP sweet Clarice. :(