PDA

View Full Version : I can't even go to Wal-Mart!!!

Glacier
01-26-2005, 06:16 PM
On my lunch break, I went to Wal-mart to buy stuffing for some dog beds I am making. I come out with a cart full of stuff. Running around the parking lot are two dogs--a brown husky cross with stunning blue eyes and solid black husky mix. They are obviously together and buddies. They seem quite happy and not particularly worried about the cars swerving around them. I put leashes on them--I always have treats and leashes in my truck. I walked around the parking lot with them and they didn't seem to have jumped out of a vehicle and no one claimed them.

So I put them in my truck. They are very sweet dogs. One of them snuggled right into my lap while I was driving. I had to go back to work, so I took them to the Humane Society. My husband is the adminstrator, although he's not working today. One of the resident dogs is at the vet so they have an open kennel until later this evening. Someone reported two similar dogs missing over the weekend, but only left a cell number, which they aren't answering. The shelter staff who took the message said she was sobbing so hard that he could barely make out the message. I have again called the radio station and animal control. I'm sure she's looking for these two. They are adorable, well socialized, friendly, well fed. They stink to high heaven--apparently they found something gross to roll in while on their walk-about!

So when I am done work and a volunteer thing I agreed to do tonight, I'll be picking them both up from the shelter and keeping them until the owner turns her phone on!

Lexi_Lover
01-26-2005, 06:23 PM
Well well Glacier, you are just the helping person aren't you, first the "pup" which wasn't a pup! LOL! And now these 2, you are so amazing!

I hope they find their home soon! :D Think of any names yet;)

Karen
01-26-2005, 06:45 PM
"Finder of lost dogs" must be your middle name. right? ;) Hope the woman calls back. Does your local paper allow free "found dog" ads?

shutterbug0303
01-26-2005, 06:45 PM
Oh wow! What lucky pups running around near you!! You know...in my 8 years living and driving around the same area, I think I've only come across 2 lost pups!! Now, 3 in just a few days for you!!! :eek: Thats something! Good going on the rescue :D I'm sure the owner will be super thankful

lute
01-26-2005, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Karen
"Finder of lost dogs" must be your middle name. right? ;) Hope the woman calls back. Does your local paper allow free "found dog" ads?

haha!:D

aly
01-26-2005, 09:38 PM
Oh they sound like such sweeties. My heart goes out to the poor woman who is missing them so badly. Please keep us updated. I'll be on pins and needles until I know that poor woman knows her dogs are safe. Thanks for saving them!

Glacier
01-27-2005, 12:11 AM
The dogs have been reunited with their hysterically happy owner. They've been gone three days and managed to roam over 25 miles from home. Turns out they actually belong near my subdivision---a rural area that's a long way from the Wally-World! It's pretty amazing that they didn't get hit or otherwise injured or worse!

vinjashira
01-27-2005, 01:54 AM
a happy ending - thanks to you glacier! :)

Dot
01-27-2005, 09:53 AM
You are amazing!!

Dot :-)

ramanth
01-27-2005, 10:34 AM
HORRAH!!!

Way to go Glacier! :D

lute
01-27-2005, 11:28 AM
way to go you!:D you should run a pet search. lol

Corinna
01-27-2005, 11:53 AM
you sound like me and angora rabbits. When I lived in Washington, people would actually leave boxes with them in them on my back deck. thats how iended up with 25. I think some one thought I ran a rabbit rescue. Hubby was understanding he knew I didn't ask for them (he bought me my first 2 they multiplied with out breeding)
Glad you found their homes,now you can return them if you find them again.

pitc9
01-27-2005, 12:18 PM
YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Glacier
01-27-2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
you sound like me and angora rabbits. When I lived in Washington, people would actually leave boxes with them in them on my back deck. thats how iended up with 25. I think some one thought I ran a rabbit rescue. Hubby was understanding he knew I didn't ask for them (he bought me my first 2 they multiplied with out breeding)
Glad you found their homes,now you can return them if you find them again.

Wow, that's a lot of bunnies!!

My husband is very understanding about strays. He knows that I can't just drive by and leave the poor things on their own. I always think--what if that was one of my dogs? I would want someone to stop and help them.

He used to get a little tense about some of the shelter dogs, but now that he works there he understands that too! There have been a few times already where he's come home talking about a particular dog! Once was a puppy! Thank goodness she was adopted! I don't do puppies!

K9soul
01-27-2005, 01:05 PM
What a fabulous story! You are truly a dog's guardian angel on Earth Glacier! So very glad that they were reunited with their family. Hopefully no more roaming trips for them!

Logan
01-27-2005, 01:30 PM
I'm so happy for this wonderful ending, Glacier! I sure am glad you were at Wal Mart to help these babies!!! :)