PDA

View Full Version : Ca Train Crash Rant.

RICHARD
01-26-2005, 03:17 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6870372/

Today, some moron decided to kill himself by parking his car on the train tracks, His problem?

He forgot to stay in it!

The crash site is about 3 miles away from my job. On the way in I could you could see 9 TV copters and the LA Fire Rescue choppers landing and taking off and landing at the site.

The LA Sheriff has the job of policing the train lines here in the Southland.

Because two on-duty sheriff's deputies were hurt and one was killed, on his way to his job, the head of the Sheriff's Dept, Lee Baca came out and commented on the crash.

As details were still sketchy about the accident, He commented on the fact that a car was purposely left on the tracks and that a suspect was being held. He also made a comment about 9/11.
His idea was that the worse case scenario was some kind of terrorist attack-He didn't come out and say it, but you could read between the lines. He also stated that it showed the vulnerability to public transportation to incidents like these.

That set off the reporters to ask WHO the jerk was. In a way I am glad that the maniac was Hispanic, as opposed to being someone from the Middle East.

He also mentioned that three of his employees were involved and, almost as an afterthought, he talked about the other 9 people who were killed and the two hundred who were injured.

Before any of the other victims were identified, The dead deputy was named, his rank, years of service, where he worked, where he lived and how many kids he has was being broadcast.

----------------------------------------

It really bugs me how some officials use these incidents to grandstand on issues such as public safety.

Baca railed about how the train riding public deserved to better protected and shouldn't be jeopardized by some idiot trying to kill himself.

HELLO!!!!

Isn't the sheriff's department supposed to be taking care of the train and the tracks???

Right before the elections in November, Baca threatened to release thousands of prisoners early because of budget problems in his department.

Here is a public official who wanted to let a bunch of hooligans out of jail into the public mainstream - jeodardizing the public's safety. He makes sure that the dead deputy is named before any other victim - then uses his death to inflame the issues regarding public safety on public transportation systems.

:rolleyes:

Kristl
01-26-2005, 03:52 PM
Hmmmm, why are so many public officials IDIOTS? I mean, there HAS to be someone smarter out there.

Tonya
01-26-2005, 06:15 PM
Oh, I know! What an idiot! The least he could have done is followed through. He thought his life was miserable before! It's one thing to want to die, but to bring others with you just ticks me off!