PDA

View Full Version : Please Pray For Alex :(

My Peanuts
01-26-2005, 01:41 PM
Alex was egg bound last June. Here the thread from then. Alex thread (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?threadid=50616&highlight=alex) I thought she was going to die. This morning she was sleeping on the bottom of the cage. I took her out to inspect her and she flew a little. When I put her back in the cage she looked ruffled up and lethargic. I put new seed and pellets in the dish and she usually runs to eat it but today she didn't. I called the avian vet and made an appointment for 7:10 tonight. My cousin is at my house watching her while I'm at work. I told her to call me if ANYTHING happens and I'll take her to the ER vet. When I left she was sleeping. I'm so scared for her. I don't want to lose her :( Last time PT prayers helped a lot. Please pray that Alex is ok this time too. My poor girl :(

luvofallhorses
01-26-2005, 01:43 PM
this post made me in tears please god let alex make it ((((hugs))))

popcornbird
01-26-2005, 02:28 PM
Oh no!!! :(:( Poor baby Alex! I'm going to be praying extra hard for her. Hope she'll be okay. Keep us updated!!!!!

{{{hugs}}}

My Peanuts
01-26-2005, 02:53 PM
I called my cousin for an update. She said Alex was walking around on the bottom of the cage and then went up to her pink perch (Alex sleeps on a pink perch and Evie sleeps on a purple one). She said Alex was sleeping again. So far I think she will be ok with the 7:10 appointment, but as soon as my cousin says she looks worse I'm taking her in. I'm so worried. I got her 8 years ago for my birthday and tomorrow is my birthday and I'm afraid I will lose her on the same day I got her :( . Keep the prayers coming, I really think they helped last time.

BitsyNaceyDog
01-26-2005, 03:44 PM
Oh baby girl Alex, get well soon sweetie.

If she does get worse and you have to run her to the vet early please take her to her regular avian vet. Call them and tell them it's an emergency and you have to bring her right now. It's not a good idea to take a bird to just any old vet that would be at the emergency clinic.

GraciesMommy
01-26-2005, 03:45 PM
Prayers for Alex

My Peanuts
01-26-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by KBlaix

If she does get worse and you have to run her to the vet early please take her to her regular avian vet. Call them and tell them it's an emergency and you have to bring her right now. It's not a good idea to take a bird to just any old vet that would be at the emergency clinic.

Oh I know. That's what I didn last June when this happened. Thanks

K9soul
01-26-2005, 04:39 PM
Oh no :( Dear Alex is in my prayers. Please let us know as soon as you know anything. Alex, please get well, your Mommy needs you sweetheart.

CamCamPup33
01-26-2005, 05:30 PM
Poor Alex.. :( :(

Sending thoughts and prayers your way..

{{HUGS}}

Logan
01-26-2005, 05:34 PM
I do hope she's going to be ok. I know you are worried.

I have already said a prayer for her.

DejaVu
01-26-2005, 06:33 PM
I'll pray for her. I hope she gets better!

Karen
01-26-2005, 06:51 PM
Oh dear! Prayers for Alex on the way, and for you, too!

wolfsoul
01-26-2005, 06:54 PM
Prayers on the way! I hope Alex feels better soon. :(

chrissycat21
01-26-2005, 07:08 PM
Prayers on the way! :( I hope she is ok.

popcornbird
01-26-2005, 07:24 PM
I'm thinking you're probably at the vet right now. Praying hard for sweet Alex here. Please update us on her as soon as possible.

Lexi_Lover
01-26-2005, 07:44 PM
OH NO! Poor little Alex! Prayers are on their way! I hope she feels better soon!

I read the previous thread and I was in tears! I'm so sorry! I hope she feels better soon! :( Please keep us updated!

lute
01-26-2005, 08:21 PM
Prayers for Alex comming.

micki76
01-26-2005, 08:37 PM
Sending good thoughts for Alex. Any news yet? Poor little birdie. :(

My Peanuts
01-26-2005, 08:48 PM
Thanks for all the prayers everyone.

I just got back from the vet. She said from the exam that it didn't seem that she was egg bound, but the vet agreed that she did look sick. It is possible that she is egg bound because last time they didn't think she was either. They gave me two options. #1 give her antibiotics and send her home and see what happens. #2 keep her overnight, give her fluids, antibiotics, sedate her and give her x-rays, and blood work. I chose #2, but minus the blood work. They are going to call me if the x-rays don't show anything and then I can decide on the blood work. So I had to leave my little Alex at the vet tonight. I'm so worried, but I feel better than I did the last time she was hospitalized because she looked much better when I left this time then she did last time. Please keep the prayers coming. I will give an update when I know something.

fishdish
01-26-2005, 10:41 PM
Sending all good thoughts your way :0)!

I would have made the very same decision that you did for Alex. If the X-Ray rules out egg-binding THEN they can try the blood tests.

Try to get some sleep ((((Hugs)))). We will pray for you and Alex tonight.

flamepony12
01-26-2005, 10:50 PM
ohhhh, extra prayers for you and sweet Alex on the way :(
hundreds of ((((HUGS)))) to you
and "scri-tchies" to baby girl Alex
♥♥

Logan
01-27-2005, 08:38 AM
She reminds me so much of Milly that I just can't believe it. I do hope that you get some good news this morning. I'm still praying for her. Let us know when you can.

Logan

K9soul
01-27-2005, 09:20 AM
Prayers and positive thoughts still on the way for sweet Alex. {{Hugs}} to you too.

popcornbird
01-27-2005, 12:04 PM
Still praying for Alex. Please update us soon!

My Peanuts
01-27-2005, 01:39 PM
I spoke with the doctor this morning. She said that the x-rays showed that Alex isn't egg bound, but she said something about her kidney. She said she wasn't sure if it was something significant or not, but she didn't sound like she thought that it was. I gave them the ok to do the blood work and I have to call about her at 6:00pm to see how she is and if she can come home. The doctor said she lost weight over night and they tube fed her. She said that Alex looked perky now, but she wasn't eating much, just picking. I think that might have something to do with the fact that she isn't home. The doctor said Alex is stable right now. So basically I don't know what to think. I wish money wasn't an issue, but it is. So far I have done everything they said, but I don't know how much more I can afford and I feel terrible about it. I want to do everything I possibly can for her, I love her so much.

Logan
01-27-2005, 01:44 PM
This is one of those situations where I wish I had tons of money and could offer to help. I do hope that Alex will come out of this and be back home to you as your special birthday gift, Diana.

Keep your chin up. Our prayers continue.

Logan

K9soul
01-27-2005, 01:50 PM
Just wait until 6 and the doctor's next report, and take things one step at a time. I know how hard it is, I'd be the EXACT same way worrying about the worst case scenario, but at least she's looking better and stable right now. I'll continue hoping and praying for you and Alex, let us know when you get your update. More {{Hugs}} to you and try not to dwell on the worst possibilities. :)

My Peanuts
01-27-2005, 02:57 PM
The doctor called with part of Alex's blood work results. She said an enzyme in her liver was high and they want to keep her another night. She said that Alex was still pretty lethargic. She perked up this morning, but now she is lethargic again. We are waiting for the second part of the tests to come in. She started talking about all the tests she might need, but I honestly can't afford them. I have already spent a lot of money and there aren't really any results. :( I don't think this looks to good. Ok, I have to stop now I'm starting to cry again.

popcornbird
01-27-2005, 03:48 PM
Oh Diana. :( :( :( {{{hugs}}}

My eyes are so full of tears right now. I continue to pray hard for sweet Alex, and hope she'll be able to recover from this, and come back home happy and healthy. I wish I could do something to help you and Alex. Just know that she is in my thoughts and prayers.

Get well soon little Alex!!!

Lexi_Lover
01-27-2005, 03:53 PM
Oh no! My eyes are filling with tears! :(

Alex, please, please, PLEASE get better! We are all sending prayers that you will get better soon! I will always keep praying for her! I'm glad you love Alex so much to do this for her!

:(

kimlovescats
01-27-2005, 04:18 PM
I just said a prayer for your sweet Alex. ;)

popcornbird
01-27-2005, 11:05 PM
Any updates? How's Alex?

luvofallhorses
01-28-2005, 01:42 PM
oh my goodness I am in tears reading this..Alex please get better we all love you. (((hugs))))

My Peanuts
01-28-2005, 01:58 PM
Well Alex is home. I still don't know too much. She is on two different medications on top of the calcium glubion she already takes. I know one is the same antibiotic she was on before, but I’m at work right now and I can’t remember the names of the meds. They think it's either her liver or a reproductive problem. I'm glad she is home and I did see her eat from the seed/pellet bowl. Alex is pooping and it looks normal. She still looks ruffled a little and she seems to be pretty tired. She has to be in her own cage for a while, but the others were happy to see her, especially Danny and Evie, but even Milton showed interest. I don't know the out come of all this, but I'm glad I did everything I could for her and I'm happy she is home. Alex takes meds from a syringe pretty well, so I think I'm going to try to put baby food in it and feed her that way until she gets strong. Before I left for work I took a smashed cooked carrot and put it in a syringe and she ate a lot of it. There really isn't any new news to tell all of you. She's still seems somewhat lethargic and suddenly when I pick her up she seems skinny in my hand. I have to call tomorrow with a progress report and she has to go back for a follow up in 7-10 days. I'm trying everything I can and she doesn't seem to be suffering, but if she does I know what I have to do. Please keep the prayers coming. Thanks everyone.

K9soul
01-28-2005, 02:09 PM
Diana, thanks so much for the update. I wish there were more answers for you, but I'm glad at least to see she is at home and eating. I am hoping and praying with all my heart that the medications and time will bring her back to rights, and that your next update will be better still. Get better little Alex!

Buddy Blaze Lover
01-29-2005, 08:27 AM
Oh Alex, do get well soon!!! (((HUGS))):(

luvofallhorses
01-29-2005, 09:50 AM
I hope Alex is well soon(((hugs))) I will keep you and Alex in my thoughts and prayers.

GoldenRetrLuver
01-29-2005, 11:11 AM
Oh, poor Alex! :( Get well soon!

My Peanuts
01-30-2005, 03:00 PM
I still don't know if we are out of the woods yet, but Alex ate a ton of corn yeasterday. I also feed her baby food from an eye dropper. I'm trying to keep her little belly full without over loading her. I think she looks less lethargic and it seems that she isn't as ruffled up anymore. She still sleeps a lot, but this morning at around 6am she was climbing all over her little hospital cage. Also, Alex takes her meds like a champ. :) I feel that that is good news, but I know she is not all the way strong yet. At this point her health can still go either way. Thanks again for all you concerns and I hope each time I post the news is better and better :)

popcornbird
01-30-2005, 03:16 PM
So glad to hear Alex is doing better!!! I hope and pray she'll continue to improve and make a full recovery. Keep getting better little Alex!

K9soul
01-31-2005, 12:06 PM
Diana, glad to hear Alex is still improving. Been thinking about your little girl. I hope she continues getting better and better. Birdie kisses to you sweet Alex!

BitsyNaceyDog
01-31-2005, 12:31 PM
one thing that may help is nutracal. My friend rescued an amazon parrot three years ago, he had a very poor liver, her was thin and lethargic. He was taken to an avian vet and pot on antibiotics and Nutracal. He loved the nutracal and it helped him a lot. He is still with her and doing well.

My Peanuts
01-31-2005, 01:44 PM
Thanks, I'll look into the nutracal.

luvofallhorses
01-31-2005, 09:14 PM
how is she doing?

My Peanuts
02-01-2005, 01:53 PM
Today she looked pretty good. Alex has developed a pretty bad habit in the last few days. She will only eat her veggies if I hand feed her. I don't mind for now because I'm trying everything to get her healthy. This morning I brought her in the shower. She seemed to like it like she has in the past, but this time I time she got tired pretty fast. After that I fed her some veggies. Alex doesn't look back to normal, but she isn't lethargic anymore either.

luvofallhorses
02-01-2005, 03:06 PM
it seems like she is been getting better everyday :D furbaby hugs and gentle licks to sweet Alex

Logan
02-02-2005, 09:51 AM
I hope Alex is having a good day today. :) Blow her a kiss from her "cousins", Roger and Milly. :p

micki76
02-02-2005, 10:41 AM
I'm so glad she's improving, albeit slowly. :) Keep up the good work you two!

My Peanuts
02-02-2005, 12:39 PM
Now Alex seems pretty much back to normal. I'm hoping this isn't the calm before the storm :rolleyes:. I'm such a worried mom. Alex is eating very well, she is back to getting her exercise. She takes her daily shower with me :p & all seems well. We have a follow up appointment on the 10th of February. Hopefully the vet agrees with me and thinks she is all better. :)

popcornbird
02-02-2005, 12:40 PM
I'm SO glad to hear Alex is doing well. She's such a brave little girl. :D Please give her kisses from me.

wolfie
02-06-2005, 07:46 PM
I'm sorry I didn't see this until now.

I was so scared reading through the thread, I was relieved when I saw your last post. I'm glad to hear that your beautiful girl is doing better. I will be thinking about her. Keep getting better Alex!