PDA

View Full Version : Name ideas for my Aussie

lv4dogs
01-26-2005, 11:01 AM
This is just the brainstorming stage of name ideas. I'd like to eventually narrow it down to about 3-5 names or so. His name will probably not be choosen until I actually get to see him & get a feel for his personality.

If I had more info on the Aussies history it would be a lot easier, but that is difficult as no one is 100% certain about their background.
Most of the names I have listed here are related to the breeders name (Rising Star) and the Basques (the people who originated the breed). I have been trying to get a name that has a relation to both at the same time, (like night, sky, star, dream etc... in Basque language)
AND I want his call name to be in his title name. Its hard to come up with a name that has to contain no more than 25 characters which the breeders name counts towards the characters, so there's 11 right there. If you have suggestions please share, I lost a lot of awesome names since I have to narrow it down to only 25 characters.

Obviously his name will start with RisingStar's so just add that to the beggining of every name here.

First here are some names & meanings that I may use for call names, I just have to figure them into the registered name:
Ortzi=sky god
Ilazki=moon (LOVE this name, but I hate that it has 3 syllables)
Argi=light
Gar=flame
Gau=night
Zeru=sky
Ortzi=sky god
Artizar= morning star, 3 syllables again)

I also like the names
Rizer, which is a nickname for rising
Shiner nickname for shining (especially if he has a spot over one his eyes or something)

Gar in the night (gar means flame) (call name would be Gar)

Ilazki lit night (Ilazki means moon) (call name would be Ilazki)

Star filled Gua (Gua means night) (call name would be Gau)

Rising up (Call name would be Rizer)

some ideas for parts of name titles, not including call names, or too long and have to be shortened or just not complete:

rising in the night
night life
day dreamer
not your average nightmare

I have a few more sketches at home that I can't think of right now
*good thing I've got a lot of time* LOL

aly
01-26-2005, 11:27 AM
Great name picks! I really like Ortzi, Rizer, and Shiner!

lute
01-26-2005, 11:35 AM
those are greta names!

i like Artizar, Argi, and Zeru.

vinjashira
01-26-2005, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by lv4dogs
Ortzi=sky god
Ilazki=moon (LOVE this name, but I hate that it has 3 syllables)
Argi=light
Gar=flame
Gau=night
Zeru=sky
Ortzi=sky god
Artizar= morning star, 3 syllables again)

uhm.. maybe subconsciously you have decided and that is why you put the name Ortzi twice :)

lovemyshiba
01-26-2005, 01:22 PM
Great ideas!!!!

Ortzi really caught my attention.

Cazi
01-26-2005, 02:17 PM
I like Rising Stars Gar (Rising Stars Flame)

K9soul
01-26-2005, 02:31 PM
Those are some really unique names!

If you are looking for more ideas, this site can be fun to browse when looking for a name, anything and everything you could ever dream of, especially nice if you are looking for a theme type name :). I even found a neat list of Native American names with meanings there before.

http://www.lowchensaustralia.com/Names.htm

lv4dogs
01-27-2005, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by vinjashira
uhm.. maybe subconsciously you have decided and that is why you put the name Ortzi twice :)

That is one of the 4 names I like the best & I didn't even notice I did that. Hhmmm