PDA

View Full Version : Oops!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-26-2005, 11:00 AM
I awoke to a cat scuffle this morning at 4:00 am. In my half asleep stupor I yelled out "Tubby, knock it off!" Of course, my own yelling brought me fully awake and as soon as I said it I realized my mistake, so I immediately followed with "Jack, knock it off!" :rolleyes:

I know I made the mistake because many a morning at 4:00 am I awoke to a cat scuffle because about that time every morning Tubby would decide that Peanut needed a good cleaning. It was my natural half asleep instinct that kicked in. ;) :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-26-2005, 11:03 AM
I recognize this behaviour!! I surely kept on yelling "Sydney !!" to my Maya for quite a long time... :rolleyes: . Don't worry Debbie, Cracker Jack will understand your message anyway ;) :)

catnapper
01-26-2005, 11:27 AM
Heck, I am guilty of that all the time, only Harry is often Pounarry. Or Poucner is ofter Harouncer. I start to yell at Harry only I call him Pouncer and realize it halfway through the name so I switch names halfway through! :D

Poor Abby gets called Poucner a lot too. She's going to have a crisis thinking she's a boy since she's called a boy more often than not!

moosmom
01-26-2005, 11:27 AM
Debbie,

Don't feel bad. I'm sure CJ will get the hint. I'm always breaking up little tiffs between my cats. I literally go through all the cat names before I get it right!! :p

ramanth
01-26-2005, 12:12 PM
I get the pets names mixed up all the time. Now I just yell... Hey you! :D

jazzcat
01-26-2005, 12:19 PM
I'm sure that will happen a lot but CJ will understand.

I got Ripley just weeks after my Poodle Pepper died. Even though they are different species I would sometimes call Ripley by Pepper's name. One time I was fussing at Ripley for doing something and my husband replied as if speaking for Ripley "it's not me mom, it was Pepper". I about fell over laughing.

Lacey
01-26-2005, 12:22 PM
Heh! This sounds familiar! I've done the same with my sister's dog quite a few times. I'll see him and go, "There's my Mowgi-bear! Gah! Ozzy-bear!" CJ'll still know who you mean. :D

momoffuzzyfaces
01-26-2005, 12:32 PM
I don't know! Maybe Tubby was paying his pal Peanut a visit.

After Leroy went to the RB, I swear I felt a cat jump on the bed like he always did. Only thing, no cat was there.

He may have been teaching Jack a few tricks too.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-26-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
He may have been teaching Jack a few tricks too.

Well you know.....now that you mention it....CJ is doing more and more things that Tubby used to do. He has started talking in his throat like Tubby did. The little mrrts, but mostly to Peanut, not to us. He has taken to sitting on the gray carpet at the bottom of the basement steps like Tubby used to do - I couldn't believe it the first time I saw that one! He has taken to sleeping all day in Tubby's old bed in the same spot Tubby preferred. He was lounging in the sun the other day just like Tubby used to do. And this is all on his own, without any prompting from us! :eek: Now if Tubby would just show him how to sleep with me at night.....;) but I'm sure that will come with time. :D

Barbara
01-26-2005, 12:46 PM
In the dark I managed already to mix up Tigris and Filou when they came to the bed. Their fur is both very silky but if you see them you could not think you would ever mix them up:o

Kristl
01-26-2005, 01:11 PM
I know...I usually yell at Mason for noises during the night. I don't know who it really is...that's just what I yell!:o

RedHedd
01-26-2005, 01:31 PM
So was CJ giving Peanut a good cleaning too? :D

My two often get called "Goldie" :rolleyes: After 15 years of living with one cat, it's bound to happen.

smokey the elder
01-26-2005, 02:01 PM
I have such an assortment that I usually yell, "Hey! No wars!!":D

jenluckenbach
01-26-2005, 02:31 PM
1st.....calling out the wrong name has hapened to the best of us :)

2nd....who here believes that the spirits of our dearly departed will return to us someday? WELLL.......welcome Tubby in the body of Cracker Jack :D

kimlovescats
01-26-2005, 03:15 PM
Debbie, were you an 'only child' growing up? Because for years I was "LarryDebraKIM !" :D

kuhio98
01-26-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
Debbie, were you an 'only child' growing up? Because for years I was "LarryDebraKIM !" :D

Same here. I'm the oldest and for years I thought my name was LiCarDoLisa! :D

I call Halo, "Kuhio" about half the time. :( After 17 years, it's a hard habit to break.

Lisa

davidpizzica
01-26-2005, 06:24 PM
Oh, I do that a lot, too! Sometimes it comes out "Nik-Daisy!" to one of them. Sometimes they give me a look that says, "Get it right, will, ya?"!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-27-2005, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by kimlovescats

:D :D No, I wasn't an only child, but I only got this from my Grandma. She would go through the full litany of cousins before she got to the my name. The only consolation was she did that with all the cousins. I thought of this too and had to :rolleyes: at myself. My Grandma was old. Sometimes I feel that old but my mind shouldn't be going that bad yet.....should it? ;) :rolleyes: :D

All was peaceful this morning at 4:00 am - aaaaahhhh....:cool: