PDA

View Full Version : Peanut's Ruff

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-26-2005, 10:42 AM
Right side, nice and fluffy and full like it should be in winter.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid156/pa96880b4244c6933c9c8fe63d3b1d09e/f5541854.jpg

Now the left side.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid156/pddf18d61cf32d5b1accb8a2a5cd7ac4c/f5541852.jpg

I didn't notice this until Monday night. They shaved her to get blood at the emergency vet! At first I was upset because the regular vet has never had to shave her to get blood and I thought they must be inept if they can't get it without shaving her, but now I don't mind. If it made it easier for them to get blood from her, that meant less trauma for her, and that's all that matters to me. I would much rather have them shave her than to be poking around and miss the vein and have to try again and all that.

Now I don't like it because it reminds me of being at the emergency vet and all the horrible feelings the place brings up. But it will grow back and she'll be all better in no time. :D

She is acting 100% normal now. Eats, drinks, pees, poops, plays, hisses at CJ - everything just like normal. ;) :D

Oh, and the spot is much bigger than it looks in the pic. As usual she wasn't being very cooperative during the photo shoot. I would say the spot is about...maybe 2" x 2" or so.

Barbara
01-26-2005, 10:57 AM
The advantage of full hair is that a little spot like that can be easily covered:)

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-26-2005, 11:06 AM
what, they shaved his neck to get the sample :confused: :eek: ?
When the vet needed a blood sample from Sydney, she took it from his paw! Maybe in the USA, the vets work differently??
This is Sydney, showing his shaved skepter :)

http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/sydney%20met%20geschoren%20poot.jpg

catlover4ever
01-26-2005, 11:13 AM
Poor Peanut. :(

catnapper
01-26-2005, 11:24 AM
You "could" shave her other side to blanace it out! :D

Just kidding. Poor little Peanut. It'll grow back in no time, especially since its winter, when their manes grow in long and lush.

Randi
01-26-2005, 11:27 AM
Peanut, even though you miss a little fur, you still look like a Princess. :) Glad all is going so well!

Kisses to the little sweetie.

ramanth
01-26-2005, 12:14 PM
I hope Peanut shared her displeasure at the haircut. :D

RedHedd
01-26-2005, 01:45 PM
Oh poor little Peanut! I guess she'll have to do the kitty equivalent of a comb-over? :rolleyes: :p

kimlovescats
01-26-2005, 03:18 PM
Debbie, I really had to look several times to even see it! Nothing could ruin our beautiful Peanut's glam!!!!:D ;)

catfamily
01-26-2005, 03:25 PM
Great news for Peanut.Much better to look funny and be happy.:D

Vio&Juni
01-26-2005, 03:42 PM
Funny, they don't shave here to take blood. She'll have the ruff all fluffy soon.

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-26-2005, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
She is acting 100% normal now. Eats, drinks, pees, poops, plays, hisses at CJ - everything just like normal. ;) :D

Peanut you are a good girl!!! I wish i cold nuzzle on your little shaved neck.. :D

Craftlady
01-26-2005, 05:01 PM
Glad Peanut is doing better. :)
As for shaving it's better if they can get to it easily and without allot of fuss. RB Butterscotch was shaved to get blood. I also think it depends (shave or not) just how much they need for a sample to run certain tests.

catcrazylady
01-26-2005, 05:21 PM
Great news about how well Peanut is doing!:D :D :D
They really didn't shave too much of her gorgeous ruff. You can't even hardly see it. Poor baby she would be beautiful if she was completely fur naked!:D

kt_luvs_kitties
01-26-2005, 05:27 PM
Peanut looks beautiful NO MATTER WHAT! My vet always shaved at the arm too, but her being older may have something to do with it. I know ferrets have to get their necks shaved to get a shot. Maybe she just doesnt have good veins?
When I took Stash to the vet, when his leg was crushed (very obvious which side needed to be repaired, as his bone was completely snapped and broken all the way through his skin) , the dumb vet tech shaved the wrong leg for surgery, and she caught herself halfway through the first line:rolleyes: It looked so silly... What was she thinking???:rolleyes: :eek:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-27-2005, 09:46 AM
Thanks everybody. She continues to do well and even put CJ in his place this morning when he was feeling a little too rambunctious! ;) :D