PDA

View Full Version : A bill in the CT House of Representatives

Albea
01-26-2005, 09:23 AM
Some of you may remember a message I posted in the Summer saying that I requested my local representative to introduce a bill making it mandatory for Animal Control Officers to have training and be certified.
All of this came about because of the story of a six months old Golden puppy who spent eigth months on death row because of the ignorance of an ACO. The pup was eventualy returned home, but his family, and of course the pup, had a terrible time while Max was in "jail."
Well, I just got an e-mail from this representative telling me that he had introduced the bill to the House. Nothing in Connecticut happens fast, but I hope this won't take forever
Help me with good thoughts in wishing him luck for a quick passage of the bill.

lizbud
01-26-2005, 10:21 AM
I do hope & pray that that bill is passed quickly & easily. It
makes sense that someone working in Animal Control should
have training for the job. Is the bill a stand alone piece of
legislation or is it attached to a bigger bill? Sometimes that makes
all the difference. Good luck.:)

Dixieland Dancer
01-26-2005, 12:27 PM
I can't imagine the horrow that pup put up with for 8 months. :mad: I am glad that a bill was introduced to ensure training for ACO's. It only makes sense. Please keep us posted on the outcome of the bill.

Kristl
01-26-2005, 12:53 PM
That's wonderful! I wish you all the luck with getting this passed! It should be a law everywhere! Police officers have to have training...why not animal officers?

Albea
01-27-2005, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by lizbud
I do hope & pray that that bill is passed quickly & easily. It
makes sense that someone working in Animal Control should
have training for the job. Is the bill a stand alone piece of
legislation or is it attached to a bigger bill? Sometimes that makes
all the difference. Good luck.:)

Liz, I don't know if the bill stands alone or is attached to another one. He sent me the number of the bill but I don't understand how these things work.
Whatever it is, I'm sure he'll let me know how it's working and when it is approved.