PDA

View Full Version : Micki76 or Aly

robinh
01-26-2005, 08:02 AM
Is there a way you could check on a older pup at the Wylie Animal Shelter? I'm offering to foster him if he gets along with other dogs.

His name is Barkley (http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=3897058&adTarget=468petsgeneral&SessionID=41f7a278186e0396-app5&display=&preview=1&row=0&tmpl=&stat=)

If he gets along with other dogs, I'll try to make arrangements to have him transported to Iowa.

Thanks for any help you can give!!

Robin

micki76
01-26-2005, 08:08 AM
I'll call on him in a few minutes! He's literally 3 miles from me right now!

robinh
01-26-2005, 08:09 AM
Thank you! You're a doll!

micki76
01-26-2005, 08:19 AM
Any other info you want on him? From his write up, he sounds like quite the character. :)

micki76
01-26-2005, 08:23 AM
Robin, I just got off the phone with the new A/C officer and he said he hasn't seen him with other dogs much, but from the little he has seen, Barkley seems to get along fine with other dogs. I know it's hard to tell when they're in a shelter enviroment.

I'll call later today and see if one of the gals is there and see if they have anymore info on him. If I have time at lunch, I'll go by and meet him, too! :)

robinh
01-26-2005, 08:28 AM
Thank you. I understand we'll have to make arrangements to have him vaccinated and neutered, but that's OK.

My last attempt at fostering was not good. The pup was not neutered and extremely UNFRIENDLY (more like hostile) toward humans and dogs. Mine were somewhat traumitized by that, so I'm being extra careful. Knowing your background with dogs, having your assessment would definitely be appreciated.

Robin

cali
01-26-2005, 11:08 AM
awwwwww what a little cutee! I am probably wronge but everytime I look at hime I think of a fawn coloured pyrshep, sound like he has the charicter of one too :confused: meh, who knows! he sure is a cutee though!

edit: lol just to make sure I was not loosing it I showed my mom the pictures and asked her what he looked like to her, first she said "yorkie" then she looked again and said "actually, he looks kinda like Blair" lol ok I am now satisfied that I am not loosing m mind :p

aly
01-26-2005, 11:29 AM
I'd be willing to spring him from Wylie, get him neutered at the low-cost place here, and drive the first leg of the transport if it happens. I could also test him with my dogs.

Just let me know if I'm needed!!

EDIT: OMG< I just saw his pic. *SWOOOOOOOOON* *FAINT* What a precious baby!!!!!!! AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWW! I want him, I want him!!!!!!!!!!! What a heartbreaker

robinh
01-26-2005, 11:47 AM
Been pm'ing Micki. The shelter is a no-kill and it's been determined to leave him there unless circumstances change.

His big problem from what we can find out is that he was returned for not being housebroken (DUH - is that his fault no one taught him - NOT!) Micki says it's a great shelter and he's safe there. She's keeping an eye out at the kill shelters for Yorkie or Yorkie mixes. I'm a volunteer/foster mom for them.

He is cute, isn't he!?!

Thanks so much for your offer!

aly
01-26-2005, 11:50 AM
Aw, good. I'm glad he'll be safe. I'll keep that cutie patootie in my prayers that he finds a wonderful forever home who can work with his housebreaking. I'll let you know if I see a Yorkie in the kill shelter here (Austin). Rescue groups tend to be good about snatching the little dogs out of there though.

robinh
01-26-2005, 12:13 PM
That's probably Carly's Castle - they are a UYR member and really good about getting them out.