PDA

View Full Version : I felt bad so I had to put them back.

Heather Wallace
12-10-2001, 07:46 PM
For all who don't know me I'm Heather. I have a rabbit called Bunny and four weeks ago she unexpectedly gave birth to six babies. The time has come now to put some in a seperate hutch as Bunnies hutch is getting over crowded as the babies are growing at a rate you wouldn't believe. First of all I was going to put four in one hutch and leave her with two, one of which I have decided to keep anyway as she is so lovely. I only ended up putting three in but then one of the three starting sitting in the back on it's own so I returned it to it's mum. So there was then only two left. After two hours I felt really guilty and put both back in with the rest of the family. I have decided to do the horrible deed when they are about six weeks old. This is to make extra sure that they are all properly weaned. Although during feeding times I might put Bunny in a seperate hutch so that she can have some peace and quiet and relaxation on her own.

Do you think that I have done the right thing?

If you would like to read the story and see the pictures of Bunny and her babies please visit the site. Let me know what you think.
http://community.webshots.com/user/tatty104

aly
12-10-2001, 10:10 PM
Sorry I can't offer any advice on bunny babies. I've only had one bunny before and he was male, so no surprise pregnancies there :)

But I would like to say that those are the cutest bunnies ever! I love the black and white one :) :)

tatsxxx11
12-11-2001, 06:43 PM
Oh Heather, I'm of no help! :confused: Hopefully Zippy-Kat (Tonya) will see this. Why don't you try emailing her? Let us know!Sandra