PDA

View Full Version : Feeling sad...:(

DJFyrewolf36
01-26-2005, 12:19 AM
Maybe this isn't the best place to post this, but I feel more comfortable here (No offense intended to anyone!)

I feel very sad and depressed as of late. I know I should be happy with my new job and getting my car back and all...

But I'm not

Part of the problem is that I lost my dear Rogue Rattus yesterday. I feel as if I am guilty somehow but I know that there was nothing I could do...She died very suddenly. I kick myself because I don't know why she had to die. My other rat, Cleo is perfectly fine, and Rogue didn't even look sick the day before yesterday.

Remus *and Spook, oddly* have been velcro kitties for about a week now. They really have noticed a change in me, and are working thier cute kitty butts off to try and make me feel better. I guess I was kinda down before Rogue but now its way worse. I go to work as a drone. I'm fairly good at being perky at my job or at least faking it *being a front desk receptionist, I kinda have to put on a happy face* Most of the time though I want to cry. :(

Sorry...I just needed a shoulder to cry on...hope you all don't mind.

kimlovescats
01-26-2005, 12:46 AM
First of all (((((((HUGS))))) ... sounds like you are having a little depressive episode .... it is VERY common in the winter, and especially after the holiday let-down. If you'd like to talk, I am "here"! You can e-mail me at [email protected]

Unfortunately, I am a "pro" at depression!:rolleyes: ;)

krazyaboutkatz
01-26-2005, 12:53 AM
I'm so sorry that you're feeling depressed.:( Just remember that we're all here for you if you need us. {{{HUGS}}}

Barbara
01-26-2005, 05:36 AM
I agree with Kim. And I am sorry about Rogue. You should not feel guilty. I have not much knowledge about ratties but they are even worse in communicating what ails them than cats (who also could come earlier saying they have a problem;)).

I am sure the kitties will help you a little- that's what they do best and we are here too.:)

catcrazylady
01-26-2005, 05:41 AM
It's this nasty time of year that adds to everyones mood. The holidays are over and Spring seems so far away. It sure didn't help that you lost Rogue. We are sorry that you are feeling sad and down. Hopefully this will pass soon but we are here for you if you need us.

catmandu
01-26-2005, 08:55 AM
You should never feel guilty,aboutyour sorrow,over the loss,ofa Dear Companion Rat,and thats what we are here for,to listen,and understand! And Roque Rattus,is in Disneyworld,with the Pet Talkers Angels,having a Great Time,and eating ,and playing to his hearts content,and he misses you,and will one day,see you again.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-26-2005, 10:04 AM
If this were me, part of the problem would be that I have to act perky all day and supress my real feelings. I know you're new to this job, but might it help if you took a day off to just be yourself and mourn and feel miserable and - as I call it - wallow in your sorrow and depression? The "wallowing" seems to help me. Rather than deny it I just "wallow" in it and that helps me to get over it quicker.

Although I have to admit, if you really suffer from severe depression, my advice is useless and you really should talk to someone with more knowledge of that.

I sure hope you feel better soon. Sometimes just talking about it makes you feel better....

carole
01-26-2005, 01:43 PM
I am sorry to hear you are feeling so low, it is the worst feeling in the world, and unfortunately no-one can make it go away, but a kind word, some understanding can help a little, can you talk to your husband about it? and will he be supportive?

I think everyone suffers depression of some form in their life, we all have ups and downs, and one just has to decide whether it is just one of those episodes or whether it is at a point you seek professonial help, only you will know that, if you feel it is at that stage, my advice would be to seek medical help, sometimes we just struggle on and on when there is no need, and although pills are not a quick fix by any means, sometimes it is the only answer.

Now you take care of yourself, and I really hope you feel brighter as time goes on, remember we are all here for you anytime, most of us have been where you are at, and can empathise and give you lots of love and support.

catfamily
01-26-2005, 03:42 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss.All of our pets are so dear to us.This is very sad but you'll be OK.It takes time.Not that time heals everything but none of us are getting out of here alive and that means we will all meet someday.I think Rouge is resting peacefully and is waiting for her family to come to her much later.And Rouge will be your Angel forever now because Rouge knew how much you loved her.She was a very lucky Rat to have been loved so much by you.

DJFyrewolf36
01-27-2005, 02:58 PM
Thanks for your sympathy guys, you don't know how much it means to me to know that someone understands!

NoahsMommy
01-27-2005, 03:13 PM
I hope things get better for you emotionally. We're here whenever you need to vent or chat. You are free to PM me anytime. :)

I'm so sorry about your loss. Its always hard to loose a critter, especially when we don't understand why. :(

(((HUGS)))