PDA

View Full Version : How many states has your dog been in?

fivedogdad
01-25-2005, 07:05 PM
Our recent vacation to Texas got me to thinking about the old game of how many states can you claim to have visited, only modified to fit the pooch. To claim as visiting a state, pooch must have put paw pad to terra firma (actual dirt and grass). Just traveling through or flying over a state doesn't count. Example, on the way to Texas we drove straight through Indiana never stopping. Didn't count. On the way back, I made certain to stop in Indiana for gas allowing the mutts to disembark and stroll around the gas station's grass lot to take care of business. Counts. Here is the score on our dogs:

Oreo 1 state dog Never been out of Ohio

Jack 2 state dog We got him from Kentucky

Pippi 6 state dog Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas (Recent vacation to Texas)

Taggert 6 state dog same six states as Pippi

Snoopy 7 state dog same six states as Pippi and Taggert plus Arkansas (Trip to Texas 2 years ago we took the southern root).

Dazzi 7 state dog Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Arkansas, Texas, Kentucky (made trip to Texas 2 years ago but not the last one. Went with us to checkout and get Jack.)

So how many states can your dog claim to have visited?

joycenalex
01-25-2005, 07:17 PM
alex the wonder dog lives in ohio, has visited and left pee mail in indiana & michigan . wow we DON"T go anywhere, hmmm, gotta change that.

KYS
01-25-2005, 07:23 PM
Sheba & Rocky:
CA, NV, Utah, Arizona, Oregon, Washington and
Canada.

Amber
01-25-2005, 07:27 PM
0, our dogs dont travel with us on vacations..

Kristl
01-25-2005, 07:29 PM
My dog has only been in 2 COUNTIES! Peoria and Stark, IL! Never outta state!

MariaM
01-25-2005, 07:29 PM
0;)

ParNone
01-25-2005, 07:33 PM
Murph has taken the McDonald's and Gas Station tour (as far as he's concerned stopping to pee is the best part of the vacation) in New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Missouri

Maddie-New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida.

Oz-Texas and Arkansas

Gully-Texas

Hummm, looks like Oz and Gull are travel deprived.

Par...

cyber-sibes
01-25-2005, 07:34 PM
Star"s a 4-state dog: was born in Illinois, been to Missouri, Indiana, & now lives in Ohio. I can't think of anywhere else right now.
Sherman is a 1-state dog, Ohio

Shelteez2
01-25-2005, 08:10 PM
Emily and Clipse have left their mark in Montana, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming and Colorado.

Emily has also been to British Columbia Canada. :)

micki76
01-25-2005, 08:15 PM
0 as far as I know (who know's where all Cin & Millie have been?!?)

Chester's been on many trips but never out of state. ;)

Tollers-n-Dobes
01-25-2005, 08:17 PM
Echo and Tango ahve never left alberta and Tia went to Saskatchewan a few years ago:) Tango's going to be coming to kelowna, British Columbia this summer though:D I know they aren't state but I've never left Canada lol I'd like to oneday...

Lexi_Lover
01-25-2005, 08:18 PM
0;) I don't even live in the US, and not to mention that Lexi or my RB dog Tigger never came with us on trips!

petslover
01-25-2005, 08:21 PM
0 - Our dogs don't go on vacation with us either!

cali
01-25-2005, 08:30 PM
non lol although if I stayed with the club Happy could have gone to minniapolis :D my guys have been to lots of places within Canada though lol

lovemyshiba
01-25-2005, 08:43 PM
Kito came from New York, but was born in another state--I forget where though??? He did travel with his first owner to dog shows, so I've no idea. At least PA and NY though.;)
Abbey came from Ohio, so she's got OH and PA.
I'm pretty sure Riley has only been in PA.
During her time with us, Jada has only been in PA too.

lute
01-25-2005, 08:47 PM
Beanie has been to only 4. indiana, illinois, kentucky, tennessee.

BitsyNaceyDog
01-25-2005, 09:33 PM
Bitsy has never left Florida.
Charlie lived in Texas before we got him.
Buster lived in New Jersey for a short while with his previous owner.
Nacey, I don't think has ever been out of Florida, but I don't know for sure.

GraciesMommy
01-25-2005, 09:58 PM
Arkansas and Texas so far

anna_66
01-25-2005, 10:04 PM
Good question Carl.

Roxey~so far she's the traveler in the family. She's been in Ohio (of course), Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina & Michigan.

Huney~Ohio & Michigan

Bon~Ohio & Indiana

Miranda_Rae
01-25-2005, 10:05 PM
Heidi has been to Minnesota (she was born there) but we have gone there a few other times with her. She has also been to Canada. Thats it! :)

wolf_Q
01-25-2005, 11:10 PM
Nebo has been to Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska, Colorado, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Idaho, and Montana....and he's been to Alberta and British Columbia in Canada.

I really enjoy taking Nebo with me on vacations and will do so every chance that I get. :) In fact I haven't been on a trip without him since I got him.

Cinder & Smoke
01-25-2005, 11:20 PM
:)

Cinder is a 4-Stater ~ Born & Res-Qued in West Virginia,
Ohio, Pennsylavania, and Michigan

Smokey is a 3-Stater ~ Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Michigan

Bowser is a recent 3-Stater ~ 10 years in West Virginia;
a Pennsylvania <pawz> for a P-mail, and now <hangin> in Ohio

;)

DogLover9501
01-25-2005, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by MariaM
0;)

Ditto :p

molucass
01-25-2005, 11:53 PM
Molly has been to Florida and all the states in between here and there with us, but the other dogs haven't been out of Texas.

vinjashira
01-26-2005, 06:05 AM
we have never been to the states :D

senorita02
01-26-2005, 07:46 AM
My dogs have not left Michigan although, Rita was born in Canada, i want to take them to Florida with us in the fall though.

mruffruff
01-26-2005, 12:19 PM
Ted E. Bear has watered every state between South Carolina and Ohio on a trip when he was little. The other three have never left South Carolina. We're a stay-at-home family. Even Mom doesn't travel.

Mary

joanofark
01-26-2005, 12:22 PM
0;)

lv4dogs
01-26-2005, 12:58 PM
Nanook's easier if I list the states he has NOT been to, he has NOT been to North Dakota, Hawai & Alaska.

Raustyk HAS been to: NY, PA, OH, MI, IN, IL, IA, SD, NE, WY, MT, ID, OR, NV, CA, AZ, GA, FL, SC, NC, VA, MD & WV

Neither dog has been out of the US.

ramanth
01-26-2005, 02:37 PM
Kia has been to Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, and CANADA!! :D

I hope to take her to more places in the future. :D

My Peanuts
01-26-2005, 02:57 PM
To my knowledge, just Illinois :D

Samantha Puppy
01-26-2005, 03:00 PM
I think just three for Samantha. We live in Maryland. En route to visit her daddy when he was at college, we drove through West Virginia to get to Virginia.

However, this summer my husband and I are taking her with us on vacation to the Outer Banks so in three more months, it'll be four!

PJ's Mom
01-26-2005, 03:29 PM
As far as I know, Bailey has never been out of Texas. Peej has been to Texas, Arkansas, Tennessee and Kentucky. :)

Christiansmommy
01-26-2005, 04:00 PM
Dale was born in North Carolina, and so, bringing him back to Jersey, he has officially been in North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and New Jersey.

His registered AKC name is Sudnly Zemplar Rhode Island. The theme for the litter was to pick out a state to be put into their AKC name, and we picked Rhode Island, though he has never been there, it is the smallest state and he was the smallest from the litter, they called him "peanut", we thought it fit him :)

(They do the theme name, i guess so if the breeder ever sees a Sudnly Swissie with a state in their AKC name at an event, even Westminster :)), he will know what litter it came from...kinda neat...)

I know I answered more than the original question...oops :rolleyes:

Cincy'sMom
01-26-2005, 05:49 PM
Sadie and Cincy have only been in two states...Ohio and Michigan...but they were in spitting distance of West Virginia when we adopted Spot.

Spot is a three state dog...Ohio,Michigan and West Virginia. We were not with him when he was in WV, but since his vet papers came from there. I can assume he set foot on the soil.

sabies
01-26-2005, 09:24 PM
8 for Sadie - New Jersey, New York, Vermont, PA, Virginia, NC, CA, and Nevada.

This April we are driving x-country to Utah so it will be a lot more! At least it's almost definite we're going :).

Vette
01-26-2005, 09:32 PM
I rescued Kirby from a lady in Idaho... and i live in Washington. so only 2 that i know of. :)

Kfamr
01-26-2005, 09:39 PM
Simba and Nala:
Florida, Georgia, Tennesee, Kentucky, Ohio, Michigan

Kiara has been to all of those plus Utah.

cloverfdx
01-27-2005, 03:08 AM
Clover: Victoria, South Australia, ACT and New South Wales.

Elvis: South Australia, Victoria.

Penny and Theo the same as Elvis :).

Buddy Blaze Lover
01-27-2005, 09:48 AM
Blaze was born in California, then at 1, we flew him to Kentucky...there was an indirect flight through Ohio, so I don't know if that counts...so basically just California and Kentucky...what a big expanse, huh?:D;) He hasn't gone anywhere since!