PDA

View Full Version : I *totally* forgot!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-25-2005, 10:53 AM
Now that I've got some sleep, and Peanut is feeling soooo much better - almost normal I'd say - I realized I completely forgot to post the good news about the trip to the emergency vet!

When dealing with senior cats, the first thing a vet will do when diagnosing anything is take blood to make sure all vitals are good. This is the first thing they did with Peanut - and part of the reason we were there so long.

The good news.....no wait....the most wonderfullest bestest news in the world is that "Her blood work looks incredible for a cat her age!" Yes, a direct quote from the vet, which was reiterated by the vet tech.

They were both amazed at how good her blood work looked! Her kidneys and liver are in fantastic shape and everything else is well "within range" also. So other than the URI or the tooth or whatever it was, she's a perfectly completely healthy old lady. ;) And that makes me so happy. :D :D

catnapper
01-25-2005, 11:01 AM
That is FANTASTIC news! Yay Peanut! you'll be around a long time to hiss at CJ! :D

catlover4ever
01-25-2005, 11:02 AM
And that makes all of us here so happy as well!!!!! :) :) :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-25-2005, 11:11 AM
awwww

that makes me want to cry!!

WAY TO GO PEANUT!!!! Not only are you SUPER CUTE.. but a healty lady too!!!!:D

*HUGS* and *KISSES* for Peanut!!!

Karen
01-25-2005, 11:12 AM
That's great news! Thanks for sharing.

Randi
01-25-2005, 11:17 AM
I'm SO happy that Peanut is in such good shape - this is simply the best newsl!! :D You must be so relieved, Debbie. :)

Kisses to the little beauty.

jazzcat
01-25-2005, 11:17 AM
Oh Debbie, that is wonderful news and I'm glad she is feeling better. Now just to get her over this URI or tooth.

RedHedd
01-25-2005, 11:31 AM
YAY! That's EXCELLENT news. As one of my docs used to tell me, she's not old; she's just mature. :)

Edwina's Secretary
01-25-2005, 11:45 AM
I knew it! SHe doesn't look a day over 5!

Logan
01-25-2005, 11:47 AM
That's wonderful news, Debbie, and thank you for adding that to the "scary" post!!! :) Thankfully, Mimi (kitty=15 1/2) and Murphy (Lab girl=almost 15) have had similar reports! Isn't that wonderful??? :)

I love good news!!!!

Killearn Kitties
01-25-2005, 11:56 AM
Excellent news! Good for you Peanut. :D

ramanth
01-25-2005, 12:04 PM
woohoo!! :D What wonderful news. *kisses* to Peanut.

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-25-2005, 12:15 PM
Now, that is really GREAT news, Debbie!! I am so happy for you; you've had enough on your plate lately!! Lots of hugs to peanut, & the other kitties ;) :)

shais_mom
01-25-2005, 12:41 PM
YEEAAA for precious Peanut!

Barbara
01-25-2005, 01:00 PM
Funny. Siegmar hears that all the time from his doc- so I know how happy it makes you:D

K & L
01-25-2005, 01:01 PM
See it pays to be fiesty! I'm so glad everything looks good health wise!

catland
01-25-2005, 01:26 PM
way to go Peanut.:D :D

Vio&Juni
01-25-2005, 01:40 PM
Yay! Good news! Great for Peanut! Give her a kiss for me.

Cinder & Smoke
01-25-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

... the most wonderfullest bestest news in the world is that
"Her blood work looks incredible for a cat her age!"

And that makes me so happy. :D :D

Hey God ~~

THANKS a Bunch!! :)

Oh yeah, an God ~ Kan You make sure dat there's
NO Kor-Vett Thingy goin on over Memorial Day Weekend?

We'd all like ta SEE PeaNutter & Cracker Jack at Findlay fur
da BIG PT Memorial Day Bash!! ;)

'Preciate Yur Help, God!!

/s/ the :) Prayer Pups

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-25-2005, 02:18 PM
Thanks everybody - and thanks Phred. :D

I don't forsee a Kor-vett thingy going on, but that would be CJ's first trip in the motor-howze....and that might be a tough one to get Terry to agree to. But I've got good ammo now because he was so worried about how Peanut would travel over Christmas, and she was the best little traveler. Hopefully CJ is the same.....:D

Cinder & Smoke
01-25-2005, 02:48 PM

I don't forsee a Kor-vett thingy going on,

but that would be CJ's first trip in the motor-howze...

and that might be a tough one to get Terry to agree to.

:eek:
"Dad'z" kan be sucha *pain* at tymez! :rolleyes:

How'z about DIS fur an idear...

Ya <un-wrap> da MotorHowze frum it'z Winter Blankie
a week or two URLEE;
<LOAD> da FurKidz an a few basik supplies;
an Take a TEST Spin fur part of a day...

Don't hafta go *far* - jest put sum Miles On;
ya kuld even <sneek back> inna driveway an
<Kamp Out> in YUR OWN Back Yard fur da nite!

Sorta a Kombo ~
.. Cheep Date fur da Hoominz ...
.. Shake :eek: down Kruze fur da Motor Howze ...
.. anna Get a-Quainted Trip fur CJ.

:D

An, if ness-a-sarrie; we kan put sum REEL Pressure on Mr. Terry!!

:cool:

kimlovescats
01-25-2005, 02:53 PM
WONDERFUL NEWS!!! YIPPEEEEEEEE!!!:D :D :D

catcrazylady
01-26-2005, 07:13 AM
AWESOME!! That is wonderful news and music to your ears I'm sure! Way to go Peanut!!!:) :) :)

Logan
01-26-2005, 07:24 AM
Dear Peanut,

We older ladies must stick together! I'm so glad you are doing well, now. Let's shoot for 20+ years? How about it?

Love,
Mimi

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid156/pde7552be6fe77c831d7c25bdb9e13aea/f554811d.jpg

jenluckenbach
01-26-2005, 07:27 AM
What terrific news.....How could you almost forget? :eek:

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-26-2005, 07:30 AM
Haha, I love Cinder & Smoke's reply!! What a splendid idea to go camping on your drive-way, LOL

catmandu
01-26-2005, 08:41 AM
That must be a releif,after losing Dear Tubby,and we are glad,that you,and Peanut,will have many more years togethermand The Princess,had the same diagnosis,and my Little Blind Cat,will be here,for years,to come,as well.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-26-2005, 09:47 AM
Dear Mimi,

I like your idea of 20+ years, and meowmy says she likes it even better. However, I really don't know if I can tolerate that snotty new brother I have for that long. Can you give me any hints on how to get rid of him?

He's ok for the most part, and leaves me alone, but every morning he gets feisty and sneak attacks me - and I hate it when he does that! I hiss and spit and swat him, but he just hides for a minute then sneak attacks me again! Grrrrr......

You're looking good these days, girlfriend, but if you have any advice at all on how to handle pesky younger brothers, please fill me in.

Your Friend,
Peanut

Logan
01-26-2005, 09:55 AM
Dear Peanut,

My answer is to "hiss, hiss, hiss" and do airplane ears a lot!!!!! My adopted "brother" (hate to even refer to him as that :mad: ) has been with our family for 4 years. I have not learned to like him, yet. I still hiss at him everytime he gets near me, and I refuse to get close to him unless I am extremely cold or hungry. That's it!!! :p

My mom says that you and I should try harder to just "get along", but I'm not buying that! I'll take those dawgs, anyday, over that KAT!!!! :p

We were here, first, and we can never, ever let them forget it!!!

Love,
Mimi

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-26-2005, 10:16 AM
Dear Mimi,

I do my best to hiss, hiss, hiss, but sometimes he just doesn't get the picture. Reminds me of my older brother Tubby when he would groom me. I'd let him do it for awhile, then give him a gentle swat to let him know I'd have enough, but he would never take the hint and I'd have to end up really getting into it with him before he'd leave me alone. Meowmy and daddy didn't like that, and they don't like it now with the new brat either. Why don't these guys take the hint the first time, are they that dense?:rolleyes:

Love,
Peanut

PS - what's a dawg?

Barbara
01-26-2005, 11:02 AM
Hi Peanut
dawgs are really nervous people. They are very tense because their tail wags all the time and you know what that means. Plus they are loud! They cannot even sneak as you always hear their claws on the floor.

Thus they can easily be avoided.

They also don't know what a communication distance is. But the good thing: if you swat them they go away.

Your friend
Tigris:)

Cinder & Smoke
01-26-2005, 11:02 AM

PS - what's a dawg?

**BOING** (An *idear* is hatched!)

Boots, Da Kat, here...

Da questshun of "Whas'sa DAWG" kan best be answered wiffa
pawz-ON demonstration...

An it jest so happinz we gotz a FINE Exampul uvva DAWG that
I'd be tikkled PINK ta send yur way!! :D

He'z JEST yur "speed" ... lil -s-l-o-w- onna paw;
but sorta Kat-Wize -
(he wuz *trained* by wunna da best "fiestie* Katz).

All ya gotta say iz BOWZER, *HisssSS*!! an
he fallz RITE in Line!!

I'z gonna put a *stamp* on hiz forehead, tye a Label onna Tail,
an get him inna mail-box (somehow)...

Iffin I *hurrie*;
I can get him reddie affore da Mail-Gurl drives by tuday.

DANG-IT - where duz Dad keep da *stampz* around here!???
Oh Bowzie... "Here boy"!

"Whas'sa DAWG?" ... :p
PRIZE Exampul, kommin rite yur way!!

-------------------
Hey Dad ~

Whas'sa KAT doin??
He's rootin inna desk drawer wiffa BIG <GRINN> onna face??

Edwina's Secretary
01-26-2005, 07:42 PM
Dear Peanut,

Q.
Why don't these guys take the hint the first time, are they that dense

A.Yes.....

Love and kisses....

Edwina

krazyaboutkatz
01-27-2005, 01:09 AM
Debbie, I'm so happy to hear that Peanut is in wonderful shape for her age. I hope she lives a long happy and healthy life.:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-27-2005, 09:50 AM
Thanks so much everybody. She is back to her old self and acting as sweet as ever, rolling around in her box and acting cute. :D

Logan
01-27-2005, 10:22 AM
I know I told you to hiss, hiss, hiss at your brother, and that works, but I forgot the most important things.........

1. Get in your mom's lap and stay there! :)

2. When "he" walks near to you, start a very low pitched growl, and do it over and over. You'll probably scare your mom, but she'll be ok. ;) If you do it loud enough for that boy to hear, he'll probably turn around and back up some. That's what my brother did this morning!!! :p

Good luck!

Love,
Mimi

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-27-2005, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the hint, Mimi. I'll have to try that. Now when I'm in my mom's lap and "he" comes by, I jump down and go in my box. He knows that's my box and doesn't bother me when I'm in there. He also knows what the low grrrrr's mean, but sometimes he chooses to ignore that meaning. He then gets a full blown hiss and a good swat in the face if he's close enough!

Thanks for the "good luck." I'm think I'm going to need it since it appears he's here to stay - drat!

Love,
Peanut

PS - Ms Edwina. I agree, for some reason they are that dense sometimes, I just don't understand why, but then again I don't need to understand him, he needs to understand me!

Edwina's Secretary
01-27-2005, 12:42 PM
Darlings....

The lap (any lap for that matter ) is mine...ALL mine! Especially when I can look down at HIM.....the one place he dares not go.

I've seen him think about it from time to time.

He has developed an annoying habit though. You know how...sometimes when it is just the two of you...you need to whack him just because? Well...he cries now when I do it. Mummy yells at me..."Stop hitting him, Edwina!" It's not fair! How does she know that's what I'm doing??? Maybe he just had a bad dream or something!!!!

Edwina

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-27-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
He has developed an annoying habit though. You know how...sometimes when it is just the two of you...you need to whack him just because?

Ah-ha! Thank you Ms Edwina, I think I figured out what I'm doing wrong! I only whack him when he's asking for it, I hadn't thought to whack him when he's not bothering me (being a good boy is what meowmy calls it :rolleyes: ). I will have to try that.

Gratefully,
Peanut

PS - meowmie says "Poor Eddie" and shakes her head smiling. Why is he so poor? I thought not-so-blondie and curly had plenty of money? :confused:

Cinder & Smoke
01-27-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary

You know how...
you need to whack him just because?

When SmokeMutt was a "recent arrival";
Boots often gave him a 'just because' *WHACK*!

Boots would <stroll> by;
reach out and *WHACK* :eek: his ear or nose;
then continue on without missing a step! :cool: