PDA

View Full Version : i need prayers

star of light
01-25-2005, 09:45 AM
as you can tell i havent been on lately..and you might ask why...
i am battleing deppresion right now and have led to cutting meyself....you might say to yoorself wow thats a stupid thing to do..but it does help..it takes the deppresion out of my mind ond i focus on the pain...
well i know i need to stop.....so could you please pray for me?

slick
01-25-2005, 09:47 AM
You need to speak to someone besides us. Is there someone at school that can help you? Perhaps a best friend? Prayers on the way.

star of light
01-25-2005, 09:52 AM
no thats one of my problems i am homeschooled and if my parents find out they will be soo mad at me.....i am scared to tell them

Miranda_Rae
01-25-2005, 10:08 AM
You need to tell your parents, NOW!! Its a habit you don't want to start. If you are afraid to talk to your parents alone, find someone else to go with you and tell them. There has got to be people that you know. I am homeschooled too, but I know people outside of my family. Come up with a list of things to do instead of cut. I hope everything works out for you. Prayers on the way. :)

star of light
01-25-2005, 10:13 AM
i dont think it has gotten that bad...i was thinking about calling grandma and tell her to tell my mom.... well it took pictures it might freak you out a lil

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/guineapiglover4ever/000_0305.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/guineapiglover4ever/000_0303.jpg

Miranda_Rae
01-25-2005, 10:27 AM
I don't know what to say, but maybe you could even write a letter to your parents and tell them, but you need to tell SOMEONE!! You say its not that bad, but a lot of times people will say that and then it just keeps getting worse. Its like an addiction ot drugs, only an addiction to cutting. You really need to talk to someone.

star of light
01-25-2005, 11:17 AM
you re right...it is getting reall bad:(

luvofallhorses
01-25-2005, 11:19 AM
star of light,

you know what you need to tell someone that can help you besides us cutting is bad and can lead to something else please tell your parents for me..if you ever need to talk about anything your depression, pm me or e-mail me @ [email protected] i am here for you but please tell a counselor(or get one) and your parents they'll thank you for telling them and will be willing to help you (((hugs)))

star of light
01-25-2005, 11:21 AM
thank you all for your help

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-25-2005, 11:24 AM
I agree.. you need to talk to your parents... I am sure they won't be mad at you...

Prayers on the way... you need to find someone to talk to.. it will make you feel a lot better...

star of light
01-25-2005, 11:27 AM
but my parents are part of the reason...they are always yelling at me for some reason.....:(

caseysmom
01-25-2005, 11:30 AM
I think you should talk to the parent you feel the most comfortable with. My 13 year old daughter and myself have had some rough times...she finally told me that she feels like I am yelling at her all the time, I never even thought that...just trying to protect her. Now I really try not to criticize all the time and try to point out the positives...its really hard on both sides.

star of light
01-25-2005, 11:53 AM
okay thank you for all of your advices...
i think i am going to write a letter to my mom

luvofallhorses
01-25-2005, 03:37 PM
please tell us how it goes we are all here for you.

cookieluver7
01-25-2005, 05:02 PM
Star of light,

It is very good to know that you are getting some help. And your parents probably won't be too upset at you if you let them know that you need help. You are in my prayers, and I thank you so much for getting help. {{{HUGS}}}:)

cookieluver7
01-25-2005, 05:03 PM
By the way, make sure you let us all know how everything went. :)

chelsea
01-25-2005, 05:08 PM
Your in my thoughts, I hope you feel better soon. Depression is a very lonely feeling I hope talking to your mom will help.

star of light
01-25-2005, 05:20 PM
thank you all again and i will tell you how it goes...but i am not telling my mom when my dad is home cause i am afraid she will tell him and he will be mad so i am going to tell her by thursday and i am going to stop thank you for putting me in your prayers it mean alot to me

caseysmom
01-25-2005, 05:25 PM
Take care of yourself....{hugs}

lynnestankard
01-25-2005, 05:47 PM
Keeping you in my prayers and thoughts SOL - but please, please you must share this with someone - I know it's difficult but you can do this {{{Hugs}}}

Lynne

Karen
01-25-2005, 06:01 PM
Promise me you won't cut between now and Thursday okay?

Get yourself a piece of string and tie knots in it whenever you feel like cutting. When it's all full, then un-knot them, count the knots and know that that many people here care about you, and that's how many scars you've avoided. Then start knotting up again when you feel the urge.

Cutting is not a good solutions. Thank you for trusting us enough to tell us, and we'll keep you in our prayers.

NoahsMommy
01-25-2005, 06:12 PM
Cutting is never a good solution. Can you do something else that can try and get the sad and upset feelings out of you? Can you run, walk, jog, anything like that to not only take you out of your house, but your problems for a little bit?

I don't know where you live, but most cities have hotlines or places to go for help.

Take care and let us know how you are, OK? We do care.

joycenalex
01-25-2005, 07:10 PM
sweetie you're in my prayers. cutting yourself will not make the pain go away, it won't make you happy, it will only scar your body, heart and mind. please try karens' suggestion, tie the knots in the string, untie them and keep talking to us. please talk/ write here when you want to, someone is almost always around. ((hugs))

star of light
01-26-2005, 10:47 AM
okay thank you all for the help

by the way NoahsMommy i live in california, fontana i am not sure if there are any hotlines but i would call

luvofallhorses
01-26-2005, 11:00 AM
everyone is right cutting is just the wrong way to go..get help please we all care about you and don't want anything to happen to you..(((hugs)))

star of light
01-26-2005, 01:23 PM
okay i am wanting to get help i am trying karens string ideal instead of cutting...but i dont know how to tell my mom i wrote a letter but i am scared to give it to her

carole
01-26-2005, 01:29 PM
Sweetheart don't be scared to give your mother the letter, I don't know your mom, but being a mother of a 12 year old girl, I can understand both sides, you mother will be hurting too when she reads your letter, she probably had no idea you were depressed or felt this way or were cutting yourself,(Teenagers are good at hiding things) she will want to reach out and help you, she loves you, remember that, even if initially she seems upset or mad, remember she LOVES YOU, and she will be there for you. Take care and I wish you well and that all works out for the best, good luck Dear.

star of light
01-26-2005, 01:57 PM
thank you your words are very comfortting...i will try to give her the letter...i might chicken out...but i promise i will try to give the letter...thank you all for helping me bad times....i know that you all are here fro me at bad a good times you all all here....thnk you all

lynnestankard
01-28-2005, 04:19 AM
SOL - did you give your Mum the letter?

Keeping you in my thoughts sweetheart {{{Hugs}}}

Lynne

catnapper
01-28-2005, 06:10 AM
I just found this thread! I am so sorry that you feel so lost and hurt. I hope things are better. Did you tell your mom?

star of light
01-28-2005, 09:35 AM
i havent gave the letter...i am not going to i am really scared...i have solved my problems with the love of my friends at pettalk thank you all

Miranda_Rae
01-28-2005, 09:40 AM
You don't just "solve" those kind of problems that easily. You NEED to give her that letter. Things aren't going to get any better if you don't deal with it. You need some support from people that can be "there" for you...in real life. Please give her the letter. :)

star of light
01-28-2005, 09:52 AM
i can send he an email maybe that will be better
than me givving it to her in life....because i tried to but i keep getting freaked out..
i think i am going to write her an email

luvofallhorses
01-28-2005, 10:37 AM
please give her the e-mail/letter hun you'll feel much better(((hugs)))

RobiLee
01-28-2005, 10:53 AM
Prayers for you today.

Please tell your parents how you are feeling and what you are doing. Don't be afraid to tell them. If they don't seek help for you then find someone else to talk to. You must seek help. Please do this. I'll be thinking about you.

Robin

QueenScoopalot
01-28-2005, 06:14 PM
I agree with what everyone's said. Don't go through this alone! E-mail your mom if you're too nervous about giving her the letter you wrote. It's the only way she'll know that you're hurting and depressed. ;) Promise us all that you won't cut yourself anymore. ;)

carole
01-29-2005, 02:41 AM
Yes please email her, you must confide in your mother, she LOVES you unconditionally, and she probably has no idea how bad things have been for you, she will want to reach out to you and help as much as she possibly can, being a mother myself I know she will be there for you, don't be afraid, you are one of the most important people in her life, she will want to ease your burden, hug you and help through it all, trust me, I feel sure she will react this way, even if initally she may be upset and a little angry, know in her heart she will be hurting for you and she maybe bewildered and not fully understand your need to cut, but she will try to understand and work through it with you.:)

I really believe there is no greater love than a mother has for her child.:) , take comfort in knowing and believing that too sweetie.

I so pleased that everyone on PT has managed to help you some, but even though you may feel all is well again, you do need to confide in your family, they are closest to you, and need to know what is happening ok. Take care.:)