PDA

View Full Version : Thread of the year - 2004

Randi
01-25-2005, 07:44 AM
Many have nominated for thread of the year, and ten threads got more than two nominations. These go into the poll.

As you can see, a few threads has been put into one, as there were so many of them.

You can start voting! :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-25-2005, 08:36 AM
Done!!;)
Thanks for all the work, Randi!!

smokey the elder
01-25-2005, 09:34 AM
Decisions, decisions....;)

PJ's Mom
01-25-2005, 10:24 AM
I voted. :)

joanofark
01-25-2005, 10:31 AM
Voted:p

gini
01-25-2005, 11:16 AM
Randi, thanks for all of the hard work putting this together.

Boy, I am going to have to think carefully on this one...........just too many excellent threads. The essense of Pet Talk is sitting here in just these few nominations.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-25-2005, 11:18 AM
Definitely a tough choice, but I voted. Thanks Randi. :D

Killearn Kitties
01-25-2005, 12:01 PM
All these threads were excellent, but I've made my choice.

jazzcat
01-25-2005, 01:14 PM
Extremely hard to choose.

lizbud
01-25-2005, 01:18 PM
I voted. Thanks for all the work Randi.:)

anna_66
01-25-2005, 01:23 PM
Thanks for all your hard work in putting this together Randi.

I voted:D

lynnestankard
01-25-2005, 05:44 PM
Many thanks Randi for the work you've put in on this - talk aboutr difficult decision - but I've voted now.

Lynne

Freckles
01-26-2005, 06:56 PM
WOW, that is tough!:confused:

cloverfdx
01-27-2005, 03:42 AM
I have got it down to 2, now i have to choose between them both. Hmmm i will think about it and vote a little later. ;)

vinjashira
01-27-2005, 05:07 AM
voted :D

EssTer
01-27-2005, 02:00 PM
Voted ;)

AmberLee
01-27-2005, 02:56 PM
Whew. Tough choices, but I voted.

Craftlady
01-27-2005, 03:53 PM
Easy choice for me :)

My Peanuts
01-27-2005, 04:54 PM
I had a hard time deciding, but I voted.

cookieluver7
01-27-2005, 07:38 PM
I voted! :D

krazyaboutkatz
01-27-2005, 11:37 PM
It was tough but I voted.:)

Barbara
01-28-2005, 07:13 AM
I don't think I can vote. Some people have said it looks as if it is going dog vs. cat side. I don't see that.

PT for me has a caring compassionate side which reflects itself in the threads of Angus and Magoo. It also has a funny and creative side which is shown in the catalympics thread or in the "Feline Princess". And I simply cannot decide which of these sides I like most.

I am sorry that being in one poll the funny threads have less of a chance because they helped so much to get me laughing during sad days.:)

lbaker
01-28-2005, 07:30 AM
I voted (I thought) but ended up posting my reply in the wrong thread :o But now I can't find the voting option - so did my vote count or what :confused: Oh bother.. I'm such a doofus! What I wanted to say that this year in particular appears to have some of the toughest choices EVER! All good. All memorable. All perfect examples of the essence of Pet Talk :cool:

Cosmicat
01-28-2005, 05:43 PM
I voted! :D

Randi
01-29-2005, 07:33 AM
Barbara, I can really see what you mean, I too think it's a pity that sad threads are competing with funny ones etc. but I just can't see how I should split the threads. :(

Some would fit under Sad and at the same time under Cat - the same with Dog and Pet. Also, some would fit under Funny and at the same time under either Cat, Dog or Pet - or even General. Some would probably fit under several Forums. So where to put which. :confused:

Also, we would have two - or more threads of the year!

I wouldn't mind making another two polls if only the PT members could agree on where to put which threads - there have been several suggestions and most of them different.

I wish it was possible for everyone to vote twice!

Perhaps we should make a poll on how to split them up. ;) That would mean, that all who has a suggestion, should post it - they go into a poll, and we decide. :D

It's OK with me if anyone wants to do that. ;) I'm willing to post all the threads here which have been nominated, so that people can get an overview.

lbaker
01-29-2005, 08:01 AM
:confused: we have a poll about the poll to see which of the polls are pulled? We can poll the pollees (puleese?) to see.. oh dear :confused: Randi, Jon.. you guys are great, don't change a thing :D

gini
01-29-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by lbaker
:confused: we have a poll about the poll to see which of the polls are pulled? We can poll the pollees (puleese?) to see.. oh dear :confused: Randi, Jon.. you guys are great, don't change a thing :D

:D :D :D DITTO!

K9soul
01-29-2005, 10:51 AM
I see no need for a lot of different categories and complications, and because one thread may "win", ALL are threads of the year in a way, threads that show the true essence of Pet Talk and what makes it special. I think it's nice that some particularly touching threads are pointed out in this way, though voting just one thread is difficult. I did originally suggest (way back in the nomination thread) that dog, cat, and pet be categorized, simply because some people only read dog, or only read cat (because that is what they most relate to), and so few read the general pet forum that a bird or rat or bunny thread has small chance of getting recognition. To those people who stay mainly in one section, they are more than likely going to vote for a thread from that section simply because they are unfamiliar with the other threads, and did not experience them as they happened.

But what it comes down to in the end, are the people who put the effort and work into putting this together should do what THEY feel is best! Whatever thread "wins" does not mean it is the best thread of all PT for 2004, but the thread the most voters enjoyed. Perhaps we should simply view it as a way to recognize the special essence of PT and revisit some of the particularly touching threads, instead of looking at it as a competition. I personally enjoyed the nomination thread, when it was a conversation about threads that were special to people throughout the year :)

Freckles
01-30-2005, 12:54 PM
HOW LONG IS THIS POLL OPEN?
Don't want anyone missing out on voting!:)

Randi
02-05-2005, 03:53 PM
Freckles, I set it to two weeks, so 8th February should be the last day to vote.

Edit* There's still a few days left to vote. ;) 137 has voted so far. Thanks! :)

koxka
02-05-2005, 04:55 PM
I voted. And now I feel bad about the rest ,because all them were good threads.:(

Freckles
02-05-2005, 05:04 PM
Remember, if the thread made it to the finals, it's EXCELLENT!:)

Cinder & Smoke
02-08-2005, 02:28 PM
:confused:

** REMINDER **

Have >>YOU<< "Voted" yet!??

"Polls" for "Thread of the Year ~ 2004" are about to "close" ~

Please CAST Your VOTE (TODAY - Feb 8th)~~

THANKS for Voting!! :D

mina'smomma
02-09-2005, 12:54 PM
I voted for Magoo.

Cinder & Smoke
02-09-2005, 03:39 PM
:D

WE Have a
WINNER!!!! ;)
Thread of the Year ~ 2004
Honors go to >>>

"Our Beloved Angus...
A Friend Lost"

The Angus Thread pulled in 47 of the 144 Votes cast.

FURST RUNNER-UP Award goes to >>>

"Tales of Magoo" with a >>CLOSE<< 46 Votes!!

Here's ALL the Top Ten Threads arranged in Voting Order >>>

Our Beloved Angus... A Friend Lost .......47 votes
Tales of Magoo ...........................46 votes
Binx is at the RB ........................12 votes
Lily is ready for the Olympics!! Who wants to join her? ..11 votes
Purrno Thread...................................9 votes
The Cruise Of The Good Ship "Feline Princess" ..8 votes
Bob +and+ Tales of Birdie "TIED" with ..........4 votes
Fister wants his posts back ....................2 votes
WHO was their real estate / rental agent!?? ....1 vote
==================================================

MANY **THANKS** to:

Folks that STARTED these threads...
Folks who POSTED in these threads...
OUR PETS who were FEATURED in these threads...

RANDI for putting this all together...
and ALL of you who went to the "poll" and VOTED!! :D

And lest we not forget...
Our "Winner" was the Celebration of WONDERFUL Dog's Life...
a Tip o' the Hat to Dear ANGUS...
>> May you Rest In Peace, Big Boy!!<<
and a round of {{{PT HUGS}}} to his
FurrEver Mom & Dad - Anna & Mark!!

And let's not forget Dear Randi and
her Dearest Hubby JOHN... :(

/s/ Phred

lbaker
02-09-2005, 07:17 PM
Oh Phred, thank you. I was wondering (but I shouldn't have) how this was going to continue and finish, under the circumstances. You are a treasure.

cookieluver7
02-09-2005, 07:26 PM
Congratulations!!! To the thread of the year. ;) :D

anna_66
02-10-2005, 08:48 AM
Thanks Phred for updating this. I want to be happy but under the circumstances it seem kind of hard to.

All of the threads were great and I would have had a hard time choosing if my boys wasn't in there. Thanks to all who voted for it.

I just want to congratulate everyone. They are all winners to me.