PDA

View Full Version : for people who play or know about Cricket (the game)

carole
01-24-2005, 04:31 PM
I figure I have some bragging rights, my son plays Premier Cricket and had the best game ever, he had many injuries since returning from England and he was getting very despondent and low and almost ready to give it all up, as he had been playing way below his usual standard., but saturdays game really went well for him, he was indeed the man of the match, and he was playing a team with his boss at work in it, his mentor I call him, and two of his friends, so it was indeed an even better moment for him.

Ok this is his scoring, 151 runs, 19 fours, two sixes, 4/23 and almost a hat trick, now i think I got that right, by memory, he had a nice write up in the paper too , with the Headlines reading, Melville (thats his club) all-rounder puts suburbs(other team) on the ropes., they said he had a day to remember.

Well enough of my bragging, but I am just so happy for him, he really needed this break, to keep his motivation up and going.

The big match is on tomorrow, between the Black caps (NZ'S BEST) and the world, to raise funds for the Tsunami, it should be a brilliant day, Scott has scored a job there, getting 10.70 an hour, gets to see the game for free, free drinks and meals, and might even get to meet the players.

cloverfdx
01-24-2005, 08:07 PM
Carole that is wonderful news. You must be so proud of your son.

:D

davidpizzica
01-25-2005, 07:07 AM
Oh, Carole it sounds like your son did terrific! I would be proud of him, too. By thw way, excuse my ignorance but I don't know that much about cricket. Isn't sort of like American baseball?

carole
01-25-2005, 01:52 PM
David I think it is quite different to baseball, in baseball don't you run from base to base, i suppose they are similar in the fact that both use a bat and ball, make runs, so yes in that way they are, secretly i really don't even understand all the scoring in cricket, but I do know Scott did extremely well, I am just really happy as he needed that to keep him at it.

It is going to be a hottie here today for the big cricket match, but some rain in the afternoon when it starts, but it is humid, we have unfortunatley lost two of our best bowlers due to injuries, still hoping for a win.:)

I also read in the intervals 'The finn brothers" aka 'Crowded House" will be singing, gosh worth going for that alone, at 25 dollars a ticket it is a giveaway., most of my Aussie friends will know who they are, although they are world famous now, so maybe some of my Americans will know them too.

Miss Meow
01-25-2005, 06:26 PM
Hey Carole, why have you got an Aussie band doing the entertainment, ba ha ha ha! :D :D :D

A century and a hat trick is amazing indeed. He sounds like an exceptional cricketer to have those skills.

I hope he has a great day and, tell him I'll be very upset if he doesn't kidnap your NZ captain and Fedex him to me pronto! ;)

carole
01-26-2005, 12:59 PM
HA HA you are so funny Nicole, an aussie band indeed, yes you Aussie's like to claim everything that is our's lol, sounds like you would not mind claiming Stephen Fleming either lol., isn't he gorgeous though!!!?

WE WON, WE WON, the game against the world, yahoo, apparently it was a brilliant day, my son came home saying it was great stuff, he even got his pic on the TV , a friend phoned him and said mate you are on Tele.

Yes Nicole he is indeed a talented player, but then there are so many out there who are, he has been playing premier cricket and rep cricket for a while.

Now if only we can beat you Aussie's when you come over in March (is it) now that will be glory lol.

:)

davidpizzica
01-26-2005, 02:45 PM
Carole, congratulations on the big win! Your son seems to be a very talented player. Do I detect a friendly rivalry between New Zealand and Australia??

carole
01-26-2005, 05:31 PM
Absolutely David, but sometimes it is not always so friendly, but between My Aussie friends on PT, of course.

The Australian cricket team are world class, so are the Black Caps of course but they always seem to beat us, so it would indeed be a welcome win, so no come on Aussie come on from me lol.
:)

cloverfdx
01-27-2005, 03:46 AM
That is great :D.

I also read in the intervals 'The finn brothers" aka 'Crowded House" will be singing, gosh worth going for that alone, at 25 dollars a ticket it is a giveaway., most of my Aussie friends will know who they are, although they are world famous now, so maybe some of my Americans will know them too.
*Sigh* i could listen to their music forever :).

carole
01-27-2005, 03:50 AM
I agree their music is great!:)