PDA

View Full Version : She's been claimed--sort of

Glacier
01-24-2005, 03:20 PM
My little stray sweetie, who's name is Mellis, has been claimed in a roundabout way! Her owner is in Cuba. His tenant heard my message this morning after he returned from a weekend trip. He is not the dogsitter. He thought that Mellis was staying with the owner's friends out of town--about 60km from where I found her, but he doesn't know who she was supposed to be with. I haven't heard from the dogsitter, but if she really ran that far, they are probably looking in all the wrong places for her!

He was a little suprised that she let me catch her as she is normally quite timid. She's been a little shy around our place, but our pack can be a bit overwhelming for anyone! I just laughed and told him I had a little experience with timid dogs. Probably helped that i had another dog with me at the time. She does like other dogs.

He doesn't drive and Mellis actually belongs not far from my office so tomorrow she's coming to work with me and I'll drop her off later in the day.

I think I'll go get her a tag with the right info on it first!

luvofallhorses
01-24-2005, 03:23 PM
oops read it wrong:o I am so glad you found her owner and they can be reunited w/ each other :D

Kristl
01-24-2005, 03:25 PM
Well I'm glad the sweetie's owner was found. If she did come from that far away it's pretty amazing!! A new tag would be a great idea...you're very sweet for doing that also! I'm glad you are the one who found her!

Lexi_Lover
01-24-2005, 03:25 PM
WOW! I'm glad she is on her way home! I hope you keep us updated and thanks to the man who was listening to his co-worker's messages! I hope she gets home soon!

Again, like I said in the previous post, congrats and hats-off-to-you for rescuing that poor lil' pup! I bet you're gonna miss her!

aly
01-24-2005, 03:34 PM
Yay, thanks for helping the sweet girl find her way home!

ramanth
01-24-2005, 03:40 PM
Yay for roundabout happy endings! :D

Corinna
01-24-2005, 03:43 PM
Sounds like a real roundabout thing. Maybe a tag with your name on it so you know where she belongs. Too bad you can't be the sitter. she was so cute , I would have had a hard time really looking for her owners.

lute
01-24-2005, 04:11 PM
that's great you found her owner! i bet she can't wait to get home.

Cinder & Smoke
01-24-2005, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Glacier

... Her owner is in Cuba.

His tenant ... is not the dogsitter.

He thought that Mellis was staying with the
owner's friends out of town...
but he doesn't know who she was supposed to be with.

:confused:

Hey Glacier ~

Not so sure *I'd* be turning her over to "the Tenant" quite so fast!

Especially if "the Tenant" is not the one who is supposed to
be feeding and caring for her.

Might be better to ask "the Tenant" to contact the
"Owner's FRIEND" and have that "Friend" explain To YOU how she got
SOOO far away from him.

This might be a case of NObody really wanting to care for her -
and she might have been "allowed to escape".

I think *I'd* wanna hear SOMEbody say how uppyset and worried
they've been that she got "lost" -
before I gave her back to Other than the Real Owner.

Call me a skeptic!

/s/ Phre

shutterbug0303
01-24-2005, 04:42 PM
I must say...good thinking Phred :D

That poor sweet girl was so far from "home"...seems like she wanted to find her way back to her owner?!?! In any case, I'm glad you stumbled across her! Couldn't think of a better person to find a pup :D Good luck with the "switch". I hope everything works out for the best! Yippie for a new tag for that girl :D What a great day for Mellis!

Glacier
01-24-2005, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
:confused:

Hey Glacier ~

Not so sure *I'd* be turning her over to "the Tenant" quite so fast!

Especially if "the Tenant" is not the one who is supposed to
be feeding and caring for her.

Might be better to ask "the Tenant" to contact the
"Owner's FRIEND" and have that "Friend" explain To YOU how she got
SOOO far away from him.
Call me a skeptic!

/s/ Phre

oh, i will be checking him out before she gets returned. She won't be going back if i have any concerns. I'll also offer to keep her until the real owner returns if he seems iffy.

lizbud
01-24-2005, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Glacier
oh, i will be checking him out before she gets returned. She won't be going back if i have any concerns. I'll also offer to keep her until the real owner returns if he seems iffy.

Very good idea.:) Thank you so much for stepping up and
helping this dog find her home where she is loved & wanted.:)