PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Day

nsweezie
07-05-2001, 06:43 PM
A truly terrible thing happened near me today. An animal hospital burnt to the ground, killing most of the animals that were recouperating there. I am just devestated, I could not stop crying when I heard. I knew that I needed my "support group" at pet talk to help me.
The only positive thing I keep reminding myself of is that 3 cats managed to escape. This just broke my heart, I can't imagine what the owners are feeling right now. :(

Karen
07-05-2001, 06:45 PM
Oh how very very sad. I feel terrible for the animals, both those who died and the few who lived through such a terrifying experience, and all the people - those whose animals they were, and all those who worked there and loved the animals. Our hearts go out to them, and to you.

Daisy's Mom
07-06-2001, 12:16 AM
That is so awful! I'm so sorry. Our hearts and thoughts are with the families of those who were killed. At least there were three lives who were spared.

Eudora
07-06-2001, 05:33 AM
I feel so sad and angry! :( but :mad: Was it an accident? Was it arson? Why would such a thing happen? I hope all those animals are in heaven and those animals injured dun need to suffer.

nsweezie
07-06-2001, 02:09 PM
There is a story in our paper today about the fire. Apparantly there was only one survivor, a dog. My facts were a little off, it was one family that lost 3 of their cats. I cannot even imagine how devastated they would be, the paper said that a reporter tried to contact that family, and they weren't taking calls.
The paper had a picture of the dog that survived, he was wrapped in a blanket. The firefighter that rescued him said it was a miracle, the building burnt right to the ground, and the dog somehow managed to get out of his kennel.
There isn't any known reason yet why the fire started.
This whole story breaks my heart, I keep thinking of the animals that died. Believe it or not a person at work today actually told me that I shouldn't be sad, because the people that lost their pets would be able to sue and "make a mint". What a terrible, terrible thing to say.

thelmalu99
07-06-2001, 02:46 PM
nsweezie, how horrible! I feel so bad for those poor animals and all the people who lost their beloved pets. :(
I guess your co-worker doesn't realize that when you lose a pet, just as when you lose a human loved-one, no amount of money in the world can lessen the pain.

Eudora
07-06-2001, 11:05 PM
How horrible! Does your colleague really think that money can buy back your happiness? :eek: No matter how much money you get, none of those green notes can bring back your beloved. :(

tatsxxx11
07-22-2001, 07:41 AM
My heart goes out to the volunteers and families of those beautiful creatures lost in the fire. What a terribly sad and devastating loss for everyone. A loss such a this is almost unbearably sad.

Eudora
07-22-2001, 07:51 AM
Has there been any progress on finding the cause of the fire? If there has been please post and keep me updated!!Thanks!