PDA

View Full Version : Peanut's Big Night :-(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-24-2005, 12:52 PM
First of all, the update so nobody gets too worried. I just called Terry and he said she's acting completely normal, if maybe just a bit more sleepy than usual.

On with the tail....

We had an unusually busy weekend this weekend. Besides the fact that we got a foot of snow and it was blizzard like conditions for parts of Saturday, we were not home most of the day. We were home in the evening and everything was normal except that CJ snuggled with Terry during our usual Saturday night movie instead of me. <pout, pout> But Peanut was acting completely normal, and even sat on the couch at the same time CJ was snuggling with her daddy! :eek:

Sunday morning she acted completely normal as I gave her her morning medicine and treat and then we headed out the door right away again, and weren't back until noon. She was sleeping when we got back - nothing different there - then we left again. This time when we came home, we had bought a new entertainment center with "some assembly required." :rolleyes: Normally when we buy anything like this, she's right there helping us. This time she didn't even lift her head off the couch. I thought it was a bit unusual and told Terry to poke her to make sure she was ok. She lifted her head when he poked, stretched, yawned, got up and went downstairs. It took us a couple hours to assemble and all this while she was laying in an odd spot on the living room floor - almost the same spot Tubby laid when he was sick. I still didn't think anything about it. We ate dinner and I brought her upstairs so she could help me with my homework. She laid under her heat lamp, just like normal.

I was totally frustrated with my homework, so I submitted it as is and said to <blank> with it and shut my computer down. At this time, Terry says "Are you sure Peanut's ok?" Now I really looked at her, and no, she wasn't ok! :eek: She was sleeping like she was totally exhausted and when I woke her up she had gunk in her eyes and she was drooling - she never has gunk in her eyes and she never drools! I tried to see if I could see anything in her mouth, but she wasn't cooperating. Terry mentioned taking her to the vet in the morning and I said "Nope, I'm on my way now!" He says "I'll go get dressed and warm up the car."

So back to the emergency vet we were at about a month ago with Tubby. Neither one of us like the place because the outcome last time wasn't good, and this time it was totally depressing. There was a lady there sobbing uncontrollably because she was about to loose her dog. I knew exactly what she was going through and I felt so bad for her, but this only reinforced the negative feelings both Terry and I had when we walked in. :(

Aaannnyyywaaay...to try and make this not quite so long, Terry and I both about dropped in relief when the first words out of the vet's mouth were "Good news." Whew! Ok, now that I'm done having a heart attack, what's the good news? ;) Turns out she either caught a slight upper respitory infection - more than likely from Jack - or she has an infected tooth that started really bothering her. The vet said Peanut wouldn't cooperate with letting the vet look at her teeth either, so she couldn't say for sure if that was the problem or the URI - and once she heard about Jack she was leaning more that way. She did have a slight fever.

So Peanut now gets a round of antibiotics to help knock out whatever it is, and she has an appointment this Saturday with our vet so he can check her teeth. I'm really hoping it's not her teeth and it's just a slight URI. She didn't want to each or drink much this morning, but last night after we brought her home, she went right for the food dish! I figured she was just like her daddy and needed some trauma food. ;) She then slept with me all night, and Terry says she seems to be doing fine now, so like I say, hopefully it's just a slight URI.

How am I doing you ask? I'm just exhausted! We didn't get home until almost midnight, and there was no way I could fall asleep, even though Peanut was comfortably curled up on my legs, purring away. I think I'm at a panicky stage. Any minor little thing and I'm rushing them to the vet because I don't want anything bad to happen. I immediately think the worse, and it doesn't help that Terry does the same. I really don't care about school and I really don't care about work. I just want two healthy cats in the house again....and I want Tubby back. I know I'm just tired and a little over emotional...but is this ever going to end......? :(

kimlovescats
01-24-2005, 12:57 PM
((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Oh dear Debbie, honey I am so sorry this had to happen, no doubt you and Terry are exhausted both physically and emotionally! Thank GOD our Peanut girl is fine .... guess she and Tubby were lucky that they never were exposed to any nasty URI's!!! I know how you feel about being on edge now since Tubby's passing .... I am still always waiting for "the other shoe to drop" as well, since losing my Tucker! :(

Get some rest!

Hugs,
Kim

Randi
01-24-2005, 01:06 PM
Oh Debbie .... sending {{{{{Hugs}}}}}

I do hope it's "only" a slight URI and the medicine will clear it.

Peanut sweetie, get better soon, so your mom and dad can stop worrying. Kisses and scritchies from us. :)

As Kim says, get some rest!

Vermontcat
01-24-2005, 01:09 PM
Hugs to you and Peanut.
I hope she feels better soon.:)

rg_girlca
01-24-2005, 01:13 PM
Oh Debbie, big ((((((((HUGS)))))))) for you and Terry.

I can only imagine what you must be feeling right now. I don't blame you for being on edge.
I'm so happy to hear that is isn't anything too serious with precious Peanut.

Like Kim said, get some much needed rest.

K & L
01-24-2005, 01:14 PM
I'm sorry to hear all this, but glad it wasn't anything too serious. As the saying goes, "when it rains it pours". Hang in there! Give Peanut a giant belly rub for me and wish her my best.

catnapper
01-24-2005, 01:17 PM
Oh Debbie {{{{HUGS}}}} I'd have had the same reaction if I were in your shoes. So much trauma in such a little time. Give Peanut a gentle kiss on the forehead for me.

sasvermont
01-24-2005, 01:20 PM
Debbie, I know what you mean. After a while, one begins to feel totally inept when it comes to pets and their health. I think once things settle down, you will regain some sense of self when it comes to the little critters. Not everything needs to be handled by a vet.

This past month I had an episode with Miley and another hot spot.....I treated it with medication for her last time and it cleared up in a few days. The bunnies had a meeting a few months ago, and I handled that without going to the vet. It just takes a few calm, ordinary events for your courage to return. Not all pets are deathly ill, when they are ill.

After Graemer and Gabe died, I didn't trust my vet (the old one) or the new one..... and didn't trust my self...... I felt so out of control. I feel better now......and my pets aren't going to the vet quite so often.

So hang in there with these two sick guys. I just know it will get better.

SAS

kt_luvs_kitties
01-24-2005, 01:32 PM
Poor Peanut. Tell her I hope she feels better soon. Thank God it isnt anything more serious. Dont you hate when our kitties feel bad? Then we get all panicky! Give her kisses from me also, and I will pray for her quick recovery.

Edwina's Secretary
01-24-2005, 01:32 PM
Oh Debbie!!:eek: Oh Peanut!!:eek: Oh Terry!!:eek:

Now let's get things back to normal...that's an order!!

(Although I do envy you the snow....:D )

Christiansmommy
01-24-2005, 01:42 PM
I am so sorry that you had to go to the emergency vet again...but thankfully things look good afterall. And i am so sorry that you miss Tubby :( ( but of course, this is completely normal) ( It is just so hard to see people sad over RB pets, ya know...b/c most of us completely know how it feels, and it does hurt). I hope that Peanut will feel much better soon...and back to her old self again. When missing Tubby, go give that Peanut girl a hug and snuggle, maybe she can help you to "feel" Tubby again...since they were buddies...and there was a connection there...

(((HUGS)))

ramanth
01-24-2005, 01:50 PM
Oh Goodness!! :( Poor Peanut. Poor Terry. Poor you!

I hope Peanut is starting to feel better and I'm super glad it's not too serious.

*HUGS*

Cinder & Smoke
01-24-2005, 01:50 PM
:eek:

Now THAT wasn't exactly the Flavour of Kat Tail
we were all waiting to read... :(

Glad lil PeaNutter is On the Road to Recovery!! :)

It's a shame Brudder CJ is takin the fall for bringin the *bug* home. :(

Too bad they Both may have to have 'dental work' done.
Hope neither one has serious *toofey* problems.

Get Well - QUICK - Peanut!! ;)

PS:
THANKS for puttin the "Don't Wurrie" notice at the TOP of the post!! :cool:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-24-2005, 02:11 PM
Thanks everybody, especially SAS, you put into words exactly how I'm feeling - inept! For nearly 18 years I didn't have a sick kitty, or one that required more than the ordinary trip to the vet, and now all of a sudden everything is a crisis! I'm really really really hoping this is the end of it and everything will start settling down once Peanut is over this. CJ's poops still aren't 100% normal, but considering I haven't been able to get any medicine in him the last few days, they're actually looking quite well (the little stinker has learned how to eat all the tuna without touching the medicine - including the liquid stuff from Meg :rolleyes: Even mixing the liquid stuff with Cat Sip doesn't work).

Now THAT wasn't exactly the Flavour of Kat Tail
we were all waiting to read...
I knew that - sorry. ;)

PS:
THANKS for puttin the "Don't Wurrie" notice at the TOP of the post!!
I'm learning. ;) After re-reading my post and realizing that I wrote a novel, I figured I better add that right away so nobody panics - like I'm doing lately. :rolleyes:

It's a shame Brudder CJ is takin the fall for bringin the *bug* home. He was being overly cute this morning, and Terry was laughing and smooching on him, so I'm sure all has been forgiven. Those tailz will be worth waiting for, and will be more what you're expecting. Unfortunately they involve pictures, and the boss is on his way back in again :rolleyes: so it might be awhile before those tailz can be told.

RedHedd
01-24-2005, 02:36 PM
Oh Peanut! What a scare! Prayers going out your way that everyone is healthy very soon!

Barbara
01-24-2005, 02:43 PM
I saw the :-( on top and then was very grateful for the don't worry.

Debbie {{{{{hugs}}}}} to you, Terry and the furries. May Peanut be ok in no time:)

shais_mom
01-24-2005, 02:46 PM
{{hugs to Debbie - Peanut- Terry and CJ}}

catland
01-24-2005, 02:47 PM
Get well soon Peanut.;)

Corinna
01-24-2005, 03:58 PM
{{{hug alll the way around}}}} When is the beautiful CJ going to be added to your siggy?

momoffuzzyfaces
01-24-2005, 04:00 PM
Aw, Peanut! You be good and take all your medicine. Sounds like you have the same bug that my gang has had.

Luke bout scared me to death with his drooling, runny, nose, and eyes too. He ended up with a temp of 105. He's lots better now and finished his round of antibiotics today. Leonardo is now over his, Chester never came down with it since I took him to the vet with the first sneeze. And Grandma, never got it because I just stuck her on antibiotics along with Chester.

Anyway, don't be surprised if CJ gets it too.

My cats have all paws crossed that you feel better real soon and I have all fingers crossed!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-24-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
{{{hug alll the way around}}}} When is the beautiful CJ going to be added to your siggy?

Soon....soon....it's in the works right now. :)

jazzcat
01-24-2005, 06:29 PM
Oh poor Peanut. Get better soon sweetie!

Catsnclay
01-24-2005, 06:55 PM
Oh no!! Just what you need, a sick Peanut!! Yes, things do happen in bunches, and they seem like they never end!

Hang in there, once this crud is done and over with I forsee a great and HAPPY future for you, Terry, Peanut and Cracker Jack!

CalliesMom
01-24-2005, 07:22 PM
PEANUT, my favorite PT girl! You're not allowed to be sickies..I hope you and your meowmie are feeling better. That's a lot of stress for the both of you! **smooches for Peanut** and **hug for your meowmie**

zippy-kat
01-24-2005, 07:41 PM
I just wanted to cry with worry while I was reading this, Deb.
I am soooooo relieved the news is good - I hope it's nothing that a lil' antibiotic can't fix.

{{hugs}} to you guys!

lisalee
01-24-2005, 09:50 PM
Poor Peanut :( I sure hope she feels better soon.

krazyaboutkatz
01-25-2005, 12:31 AM
Debbie, I'm so sorry that Peanut's sick.:( I hope she recovers quickly and that it doesn't involve her tooth. Hopefully everything will return to normal and you'll finally have 2 healthy kitties again. Please take care. {{{{HUGS}}}

Killearn Kitties
01-25-2005, 04:42 AM
Peanut, please take your medicine like a good girl so that you are all better for your new valentine (and you stop worrying your meowmie)! We want to see a healthy Peanut! :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-25-2005, 05:30 AM
{{{HUGS}}}

Oh Debbie I'm so sorry you are having to go through so much stress....

and {{HUGS}} for little Miss. Peanut.. i hope you are feeling better soon sweet kitty...:(

catcrazylady
01-25-2005, 07:33 AM
Poor precious Peanut! Debbie no wonder you're upset. All that would have scared me to death too. The sad loss of sweet Tubby, then a sick Cracker Jack to deal with, a very hectic weekend, and then a sick Peanut!! I would have been a basket case!!
Hang in there Debbie it will get better soon. Gentle {{{hugs}}} to Peanut and I hope she is feeling all better soon. I'm sure you and Terry are ready for some peaceful times with the kitties. Big {{{HUGS}}} to you guys too!

christa
01-25-2005, 07:57 AM
Poor Peanut! She's been through so much lately . . . I'm glad that it's possibly only a URI . . . give her lots of belly rubs & kitty kisses! EXTRA attention is always good medicine for a kitty! :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-25-2005, 08:23 AM
Oh no, this isn't fair to you, Debbie.... ! Now it is Peanut??? OMG, I think it is high time for our prayer-dogs Cinder & Smoke to phone to God!! Dear Debby and Terry, I will think about you and Peanut in my prayers; Peanut HAS to get better, ASAP!!!

(((((hugs)))))

catmandu
01-25-2005, 08:24 AM
We are so very glad,that Peanut,is not in danger,and that what is bothering her,can be cured,And I do know,whta you mean,by inept,as I had no inkling,that my Dear BJ,was ill,let alone,mortally ill,and I still wonder,if I missed the warning signs,that something was amiss!

Cinder & Smoke
01-25-2005, 01:38 PM
:eek: <ringz BIZZIE>
<dialz agin>

Hellow, GOD?

Hi God ~

THANKZ fur <Helpin> on dis wun!!
*Nice* of You to ride along onna way to da ER Sunday nite -
Mr. Terry prolly wudda got a *tikit* iffin You hadint been Ko-Pilotin!

Hope You dont mynd, but we'd like to *ask* iffin dis kuld be
da Last KRISIS atta PeaNutter & CJ Howze fur a while??
Mom & Dad have had a LOTTA stuff happin to da
FurKids dis year ~ Kan Ya give em a Break fur a while?

We'z gonna ask BOFF da Kittiez ta QUIT FUSSIN an Take da Medz;
but a lil HELP frum You wuld be nice, God.

An since da White Coatz arent sure iffin maybee there'z a
Bum Toofie or two involved here;
Kuld You help wiffa final diagnosis an Treetment?

Oh, an Miz Debbie sez "THANKZ" fur helpin her *spot* da
problem wiff PeaNutter!!

We'll keep da Kandilz Burnin fur PN & CJ till You say eberythin'z A-OK!!

Thankz fur *Lissnin*, God!!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

Corinna
01-25-2005, 02:03 PM
I love the new siggy. Glad peanut is doing so good on here blood work , so was it just a kitty flu.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-25-2005, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
I love the new siggy. Glad peanut is doing so good on here blood work , so was it just a kitty flu.

Not sure yet, Corinna. She's got her appointment on Saturday to check her teeth, but the antibiotics sure are working wonders, so that makes me think it was just a slight URI.....hopefully.

Thanks again Cinder & Smoke. You two are da best! :D