PDA

View Full Version : Introducing...

zippy-kat
01-24-2005, 12:18 AM
Sid, the newest member to our household.

http://webpages.acs.ttu.edu/tofisher/Sid_11.jpg
(Yes we apologized to him for the feminine softy-paw color. ;) )

Sid (formerly Stretch) is a 4 month old, furry-purry that came to us via the humane society. Technically, he's not ours yet ... they wouldn't let us adopt him because he's not neutered; we weaseled around that by "fostering" him until he's neutered (sometime this week or next). We also placed a "we're interested" deposit so that we have first dibs on the guy.

He hasn't been tested for FIV/FeLV yet, so he's seperated from the rest of our crew. Tinker and Sara are indifferent to the new sounds, smells.... K'Cee is MAJORLY PO'd. Our vet isn't open during the wkend so we'll place a call ASAP tomorrow morning.

Sid, so named after Sid the Sloth from the movie Ice Age, is my sister's cat. Yes, we still have Clarice (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?threadid=57646) but unfortunately not for much longer; her health is deteriorating rapidly. (We're probably going to have her :( pts :( on Wednesday, if not before.) I wanted this to be a happy thread, so I'm going to stop on this subject for now.

Ok, more pictures!

http://webpages.acs.ttu.edu/tofisher/Sid_10.jpg

http://webpages.acs.ttu.edu/tofisher/Sid_16.jpg

He's such a wiggle-worm (AND INTO EVERYTHING!!) that it's hard to get a good picture of him.

shais_mom
01-24-2005, 12:20 AM
Welcome to the Family Sid!!:)

wolf_Q
01-24-2005, 12:22 AM
Congratulations on the new family member! Sid is SUCH a cutie!!!

Cinder & Smoke
01-24-2005, 12:27 AM
:)

**WELCOME** Home, Sid!!

We'll all pray that the White Coat gives you a good report!!

/s/ Boots, da Kat

krazyaboutkatz
01-24-2005, 12:32 AM
Welcome to PT Sid!!!:D He's sooooooo handsome!!!:D I hope that his FIV/FELV test goes well. More pictures please.:)

The Cat Factory
01-24-2005, 12:51 AM
Congratualtions! Sid looks like he is going to be a very big kitty!

Prairie Purrs
01-24-2005, 01:04 AM
He's only four months old? He's gonna be HUGE! :eek: And what an adorable face! :D

Vio&Juni
01-24-2005, 03:12 AM
He's gorgeous! Welcome, Sid!

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-24-2005, 03:19 AM
Sid is huge for a 4 months old!! He sure will be beautiful big hunk!! Good luck at the vet's!!

vinjashira
01-24-2005, 03:19 AM
love your pink claws sid :D

kt_luvs_kitties
01-24-2005, 03:48 AM
I love the pink claws also! Welcome home Sid! How very nice of you to adopt him, and give him a wonderful furrever home. I am sorry to hear about Claurice, but I wont bring down this thread either.
I just LOVE Sids colors/markings! Would also love to see MANY more pictures when you get a chance;) :D

kimlovescats
01-24-2005, 05:13 AM
Sid is going to be a big boy, because he looks to be a Maine Coon / mix kitty!!! How handsome he is and will be!! Good luck with the tests and I hope he is a permanent family member soon!:)

jenluckenbach
01-24-2005, 05:19 AM
4 months old? :eek: He is HUGE! What a huggable bundle he is. :D

Congratulations.

catlady1945
01-24-2005, 06:10 AM
He's a gorgeous guy. Hope everything works out.

I am sorry to hear about Clarice.

zippy-kat
01-24-2005, 08:01 AM
His feet are HUUGGGEEEE!
I'd like to get a comparison of his foot to Tinker's once we get him checked out.... that is, if we can get him to hold still! lol

I'm wondering if he's actually older than 4 months but *shrug* the humane society had him exactly one month and the surrender-er said they were 3 months, so ??

His sister, Fancy, is in her first heat if that helps any.

These are the pics from Petfinder:

http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/NM58/NM58.3511482-1-x.jpg
Sid

http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/NM58/NM58.3511475-1-x.jpg
Tickles, a littermate (He was actually the one we were going to go look at but he'd been adopted earlier that morning.)

http://www.petfinder.org/fotos/NM58/NM58.3764342-1-x.jpg
Fancy, the sister. (She's still available for adoption.)

catnapper
01-24-2005, 08:09 AM
goodness, he is GORGEOUS!!!! And big too! Whata lovebug he looks, and probably will teach K'Cee a thing or two about nawteeness!

zippy-kat
01-24-2005, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
goodness, he is GORGEOUS!!!! And big too! Whata lovebug he looks, and probably will teach K'Cee a thing or two about nawteeness!

How funny!
Shais_Mom, Wolf_Q, and I were talking about kittens last night. K'Cee wasn't a "normal" kitten in the sense that she was anemic and VERY LAZY. BUT... as her Auntie Staci pointed out... she sure made up for it later! (Staci also reminded me to hide all jingle bells. lol)

cloverfdx
01-24-2005, 08:35 AM
Welcome to PT sid :D. What a handsome hunk he is. And i will echo everyone else he is "huge". It will be interesting to see just how big he does get. His siblings are adorable aswell, hopefully they will find their forever homes soon.

catlover4ever
01-24-2005, 08:38 AM
Sid is so handsome. He is so big...can you imagine how big he is going to be once he is full grown.

catmandu
01-24-2005, 08:52 AM
Sid,must be the Biggest 4 Month Old,that I have ever seen,he must,be A Maine Coon,and you,are in for years,of love,as they,are the Gentle Giants,of the Cat World.

Vio&Juni
01-24-2005, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
His feet are HUUGGGEEEE!

I'm wondering if he's actually older than 4 months but *shrug* the humane society had him exactly one month and the surrender-er said they were 3 months, so ??

That reminds me when we got Pichu, you could tell he was a young kitten, even if he didn't look like that - I guessed more than two months, less than three. After two months, when we neutered him, the new vet couldn't believe he was younger than six months, he was so big. He's getting huge now. (I LOVE BIG BOY CATS!!!)

Oh yes, and when we got him he had HUGE paws, that's why we fell for him :D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid75/p7e4960a59f023fa4436619fcc20ee44d/fb5b520b.jpg

ramanth
01-24-2005, 09:14 AM
Welcome to the family Sid! Wow, he's huge! Think he has some Maine Coon in him? :D

Nomilynn
01-24-2005, 04:48 PM
This isn't fair. SIGH. I HATE not having internet!!!!!!

But haha now I know who Sid is ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-24-2005, 04:50 PM
He's so adorable! Welcome Sid! :D :D

And not to bring this thread down, but I sure hope Sid helps Sis and you and the rest of the family with the difficult decision on Clarice. :(

prechrswife
01-24-2005, 05:54 PM
Sid is a very handsome boy. I agree with the others--he is going to be huge.:)

NoahsMommy
01-24-2005, 06:00 PM
Tonya,

NM must have excellent water. All the kitties you have aren't just "CUTE" and "SWEET", they are GORGEOUS MODELS!!! Sid is adorable...I'm sorry I wasn't this lavish last night...he's beautiful!!

I can't wait to hear all about his new life with your family.

Kisses and a big welcome to Sid.

Love,
Kelly :)

RedHedd
01-24-2005, 06:12 PM
Sid is adorable! I definitely see the Maine Coon in him, especially those feet! :eek: He WILL grow into them. We saw a MC kitten at the cat show we went to earlier this month and he also had big feet. Love those PINK tootsies too! MC males take a bit longer than normal cats to mature. You will have a huge kitten on your hands for 2-3 years. Enjoy it! They're SO much fun!

Is he a water lover? All of a sudden Mishi's MC water loving traits are coming into full bloom. We both got drenched this morning due to his antics :rolleyes:

jazzcat
01-24-2005, 06:22 PM
Wow! He's gorgeous and huge! I'm in love. I agree with everyone, he's going to be a big boy.

Congrats on your new addition!

Karen
01-24-2005, 06:24 PM
It's okay, Sid - real men aren't afraid to wear pink!

He's a beauty, toes and paws crossed that his vet visit goes well! K'Cee will just have to deal with not being the only fluffball around, won't she? It's okay, K'Cee, momma still loves you best!

lizbud
01-24-2005, 06:39 PM
Sid is vey handsome fella. His sister Fancy is beautiful as well.
Tickles is also gorgeous. I'll bet it was hard just picking one.:D

Welcome to PT Sid. Oh, and I love the pick paws.:)