PDA

View Full Version : The strangest thing!!!

Cookiebaker
01-23-2005, 08:52 PM
We were gone for about 4 hours this evening, and right before we left, I put both dogs into their crates. Malone was in the den in his crate, and Emerson was in his crate in our bedroom. I KNOW Emerson was in his crate because of a couple reasons: He wasn't thrilled about going, and I had to tug a bit on his collar to get him moving; and also, he has a sore on his foot that I took a peak at while he was laying down in his crate. After looking at his foot I admonished him not to lick his foot, and then closed the door and latched it.

We just got home, and I came upstairs, and the first thing I noticed was that the den door was shut tight. I KNOW that the door was open when we left, because we never close it when Malone is in there in his crate I open the den door, and Emerson pranced out!!! :confused: He was a very good boy (nothing was chewed up, not even the soft squeaky toy on the floor. My slippers were exactly where I left them as was some papers on my chair.

But HOW ON EARTH DID HE GET OUT OF HIS KENNEL??????? Do we have a houdini on our hands???? And how and why did he shut the den door????

I am really confused here, but thankful that it doesn't seem like he got into any trouble.

rizzy
01-23-2005, 08:58 PM
That is really weird, good thing he didnt get a hold of anything. Thats really strange.

Kristl
01-23-2005, 09:00 PM
That IS strange...please don't let Emerson talk to Bull!;) That crate is the only to protect my house!:D

Vermontcat
01-23-2005, 09:58 PM
Well, either you have a ghost in your house or Emerson really is an escape artist.
I think it's interesting that he closed the den door too.
You didn't have a hair dryer in the bedroom that might have scared him now did you?;)
I'm glad to hear that both boys were ok and that nothing was damaged.
Give Emerson and Malone big hugs from me for being so good.:)
Maybe you need a hidden camera to watch Emerson next time.;)

micki76
01-24-2005, 05:58 PM
Yep, I think you have an escape artist on your hands. Luckily (knock on wood) I've never had anyone get out of their crate.

Chester did climb over two baby gates stacked one on top of the other the first week we had him. All 2 lbs of him! :eek:

KYS
01-24-2005, 06:25 PM
It's called altheizmers. lol
Only Emerson holds the answers. ;)

Glad Emerson was a good boy.

Cookiebaker
01-25-2005, 06:54 AM
:( I'm almost positive that he got out the other night, because ever since then, he is digging on the door to get out every time we put him in there. :( I'm not sure what to do about this. :(

Also, that sore on his foot is getting worse, and he's not leaving it alone. I'm going to make a vet appt, just to make sure that it is only a sore, and not something worse.