PDA

View Full Version : Lookie what we found! pics

Glacier
01-23-2005, 07:43 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/dogs%2005/stray/stray009.jpg
This little cutie came home with me today. I left to go skijoring with one dog, Hobo, and came home with two!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/dogs%2005/stray/closeup.jpg
Hobo decided that he didn't want to go very far today so we turned around early! Guess there was a reason, cuz this dog was milling around by where I park. At first I thought she was just on a walk-about--we see lots of dogs allowed to roam here, but she kept coming back to the truck. So I opened the door and asked if she needed a lift. She hopped right in the back seat!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/dogs%2005/stray/stray011.jpg
She's very cute. A little timid, but she warms up quickly. Doesn't seem to care about the cats. She's only met Hobo so far of the dogs, but she didn't even look at him and she ignored the chaos when my dogs saw her get out of the truck.

She seems to be well cared for. Unfortunately her id is a city dog tag and that department isn't open on Sundays. She does have another tag on, but when I called the voicemail said the person is away til mid-February. I left a message anyway. I'm thinking she is being dogsat and escaped. I also called the Pound and the Humane Society and I'm making a poster to put up at our mailboxes.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/dogs%2005/stray/stray008.jpg
She's getting right comfy in the computer room with me. She ate a little bit and had some water. She's very sweet. I hope her people or her dog sitter shows up soon though!

luvofallhorses
01-23-2005, 07:57 PM
awwww cute pics :D

Lexi_Lover
01-23-2005, 08:00 PM
What a cute dog! Good jo to you for taking her for a while!

senorita02
01-23-2005, 09:20 PM
Awww what a cutie! Im so glad you saved her. Hopefully her family will reunite with her soon.:D

Rachel
01-23-2005, 09:20 PM
This type of thing is the reason when I dog sit I make sure that my phone number is written on a sticker and adhered to the tag.
I love her sweet little face. I hope that her people can be located soon.

rizzy
01-23-2005, 09:23 PM
Aww, she's adorable! I hope her family finds her, good luck!

lute
01-23-2005, 09:35 PM
what a cutie! i hope her people come to get her.....if not would you have another addition to your pack?;)

Glacier
01-23-2005, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by lute
what a cutie! i hope her people come to get her.....if not would you have another addition to your pack?;)

I'd rather see her go home, if she has a decent place to go back to, but if no one claims her, she's welcome to stay.

cyber-sibes
01-23-2005, 10:52 PM
Her owners will really appreciate your caring for her - they must be worried sick if they know she's gone! She is really cute!!!Good luck.

vinjashira
01-24-2005, 01:13 AM
I hope you will be reunited with your owner cutie but in the mean time enjoy your stay with Glacier & the crew :)

Tina
01-24-2005, 09:17 AM
She is a cutie! Hopefully you can get ahold of her owners!

anna_66
01-24-2005, 09:30 AM
She does look well cared for, she is such a cutie pie!
I hope that she is reunited with her family soon!

cloverfdx
01-24-2005, 09:34 AM
What a sweetie :). I hope she gets reunited with her family soon.

aly
01-24-2005, 11:26 AM
She's ADORABLE!!!! Hopefully her people will come for her soon!

Glacier
01-24-2005, 11:35 AM
Well, she's still with us. The city Animal Control officer called this morning. The liscense tag she is wearing is not hers! The number is registered to an 8 year old, male, gold and white Collie! Well, she ain't male, no way she's 8 years old and she's not gold and she aint no Collie!!! I think someone transfered the lifetime tag rather than get a new one--which makes diddly for sense to me since around here lifetime tags are free if your dog is altered! Sigh, maybe she's not spayed after all. That would explain why Muskwa is so nosy with her!

I left a message on the number associated with the tag as did the AC officer. I'm thinking she was with a dog sitter and escaped. I have posters up and I've called all the appropriate places. Hopefully, there's a dog sitter out there who's looking for her. If not, she's here until February 15 and then we can find out if the lisence was just transferred.

Queen of Poop
01-24-2005, 12:00 PM
Glacier, thank you for being an angel and looking out for this sweetie pie in her time of need.

EssTer
01-24-2005, 12:29 PM
AWw.. She´s really cute.. I hope she will meet her family soon again....

ramanth
01-24-2005, 01:38 PM
She looks so sweet. Thanks for saving and looking after her.

I hope a dog sitter and/or her owners come forward soon and explain themselves.