PDA

View Full Version : Who can help with resizing digital pictures?

jenluckenbach
01-23-2005, 06:23 PM
one of our newer members would like to be able to resize her pictures so that when she posts they do not take so long to down load. I am NOT that computer literate to help her, but I know that a LOT of you are and can fix her up in a flash.

Post here or PM Kristl.

She tells me that her camera is a Kodak EasyShare CX6230 and there is no way to re-size in the software. But I figure there HAS to be some way for her to go about it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Shelteez2
01-23-2005, 06:34 PM
You can re-size pics in the paint program that comes with most computers.

Start-accessories-paint

After you've opened up paint click on file then open and find the name of the pic you want to re-size.

Then click on image and stretch/skew. If the pics are really big put 50% for both horizontal and vertical. (Or you can put whatever you want. You just want them to be the same number so that the pic doesn't get distorted.)

Voila your pics are re-sized. :)

slick
01-23-2005, 06:43 PM
ChrisH told me about IrfanView a long time ago. I downloaded it and have successfully resized jpg's from a CD. Works like a charm.

http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm

jenluckenbach
01-23-2005, 06:45 PM
SEE....I just KNEW there had to be a way....or 2 or 3....

Kristl
01-23-2005, 06:49 PM
Is this the way it's supossed to be? I think I did it right, but then , nothing EVER workd for me the way it's supossed to!:D

jenluckenbach
01-23-2005, 06:52 PM
HMMMM....works good, but maybe TOO good. Try slightly different settings. The phot loaded in a split second, but it was only an inch square.

Kristl
01-23-2005, 07:07 PM
yeah, i figured that would do it to the pic....the picture was so HUGE! Let's try again! is this too big, small, perfect?

jenluckenbach
01-23-2005, 07:13 PM
That loads MUCH better than the larger pictures I had mentioned. And look at his sleepy eyes. :D:D

Kristl
01-23-2005, 07:25 PM
it's so weird...even before i made the pics smaller, they were still the same size! Hmmm... Oh well! If it works better for you, then it's better for me! Thanks for all the help, everyone!:D