RICHARD
01-23-2005, 01:08 PM
Johnny Carson passed away today from emphysema, he was 79.:(

Logan
01-23-2005, 01:16 PM
:(

momoffuzzyfaces
01-23-2005, 01:22 PM
:( Another icon from my childhood leaves!

I always loved watching Johnny. I liked him with the animals best. I'll never forget the time a little animal with big eyes and a long tail climbed on Johnny's head and wet on it!!! I lauged until I cried! It was so funny!

We'll miss ya Johnny!

KYS
01-23-2005, 06:02 PM
I use to enjoy watching him and Ed too. :(

luvofallhorses
01-23-2005, 06:18 PM
:( :(

Rachel
01-23-2005, 09:32 PM
When I was a kid, my grandpa and I used to watch Johnnie Carson on a show called Who Do You Trust? This show was the only time I saw my grandpa break out into full force laughter. When I was young and single, I had a nightly date with Johnnie. My hope was one day to attend one of his shows in person, but that never happened. When he retired, he really retired. It sort of felt like he abandoned us after we had been so loyal.

Thank you, Johnnie for the many years you shared your talent with us. I guess it is time to say Good-bye once again.

K9karen
01-24-2005, 12:26 AM
I was stunned! He was so reclusive after retirement that I never read that he was sick. I grew up watching him and Ed. He broke the mold. That was hilarity at it's best!

catland
01-24-2005, 04:51 PM
When I heard this yesterday - it almost brought a tear to my eye - its like he had been an uncle who had been around my entire life (my mom didn't care if we stayed up late in the summer so I started watching him back in the sixtie's).

Thank-you Johnny for being there all those years. You were one of a kind.

chelsea
01-24-2005, 05:00 PM
I quit watching the Tonight Show after he retired, it just wasn't the same. It's like losing a member of my family, may he RIP. :(