PDA

View Full Version : I'm so lost.... vent

chelsea
01-22-2005, 08:49 PM
Ack!! It's the start of my first semester in college and I have to write an essay on a culture other than my own. I haven't a clue as to what culture to write about and to make matters worse my boyfriend is trying to take over. Whatever culture I pick their communication with other people has to be included and I have to have the rough draft in on Monday. I started a rough draft on ancient Egyptian but it is to complexed to put into a three page essay so I saved it to use for my college thesis at the end of the semester. I'm lost. :confused: :( :(

shutterbug0303
01-22-2005, 08:53 PM
Try something a little simpler...is there a foreign country that you would like to visit?? For me...it would be France! Maybe something like that would be a little easier to condense into a 3 page essay. And, just ignore your b/f. lol Unless he has some good input...otherwise, it's your paper, you do what you want! Good luck!

Karen
01-22-2005, 09:07 PM
How about a culture not your wn, but closer to home ...

Cajun culture?

Shaker or Quaker culture?

Boston Red Sox fans?

Dunno what your particular culture is!

dukedogsmom
01-22-2005, 09:07 PM
I haven't had much college so I don't know what to tell you. I agree about picking a place you'd like to visit. I would also go somewhere like the library to get away from the boyfriend. It should be quiet there and there's lots of resources for research. Would animal lovers be considered a culture? We could sure help you there.

chelsea
01-22-2005, 09:22 PM
I think that I will try picking a place that I would like to visit, maybe Ireland but it will have to wait until my boyfriend is busy watching tv, lol. Otherwise I will just remain stressed out about this and not get a thing done.

I never really thought about my culture, I'm just plain old me from the Carolinas, lol.