PDA

View Full Version : What a Day!

Fox-Gal
01-22-2005, 05:36 PM
I decided I'd get out of the house today sense my husbands racing buddys where coming over to work on the other car, for the race coming up. Didn't want to spend the day, listening to a bunch of motor heads.

So off I go, to do some shopping in town. As I'm heading down the road, two work trucks pull out in front of me going, like 20!!! The second truck was hauling old roof stuff, loaded to the top. As I'm following him, roof pieces are blowing off his truck, so I backed off just to be safe. Couple pieces hit my car, but nothing bad. But then I see this truck coming in the other lane and smack, right in his window, one of the pieces hit's him. He swerves, I swerves off the road, then back on the road I get and everything is fine.

OK got over that, with no problem. Then I go to Wal-Mart. It looked like Christmas time with all the cars in the parking lot. So I parked in the lawn & garden side, where it's usually safer and less cars. Go in, do some shopping, got some good deals, I even lucked out and found a lane that just opened and was first in line, should have been a good day. Go out to the parking lot and what do I find, but a Red Fire-bird, brand new, had hit my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They just parked it on my bumper and when shopping, I guess, didn't even make a effort to move their car off mine.

So I called to cops, they come out, do a report, leave the car a note with a case # and off we go. My car's paint was fine, but they way they hit the car, on the drivers side bumper, all the weight of their car was pushing on that side, that it made the passenger side Bumper pull out away from the car. So now I have a sideways bumper!!! I'm so gald I have a camera phone, just in case these people try to deny it.........I got it on pictures. I hate dealing with insurance claims stuff. Then there's the time that your cars in the shop...waiting for it. :mad:

Then I get home to find out that the race guys didn't come over after all...........I could have stayed home!!!!!!!

What a Day!
:rolleyes:

Kfamr
01-22-2005, 05:41 PM
Sorry you had such a bad day Libby!!

Lets hope tomorrow is better. {{HUGS}}

Fox-Gal
01-22-2005, 06:05 PM
Thanks. Tomorrow, I'm staying HOME! :D

OH and to top this whole day off, guess who just pulled up, in the yard. Two cars, with the racing crew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smart, wait till it's night to come over...........then work on cars, at night?? MEN!!

So now on top of everything else, I will be cooking for a bunch of men and me, with a evening full of racing, and car mod. talk. :rolleyes:

Ever have one of those day, where you wish you could go back to bed and start over??

lizbud
01-22-2005, 06:47 PM
Fox-Gal,

Why don't you find something good to watch tonight on cable
and let the guys order a pizza? Relax after the day you've had.:D

KYS
01-23-2005, 11:42 AM
(((HUGS)))

When it rains it pours! :(

GraciesMommy
01-23-2005, 12:53 PM
Knew those cam phones would come in handy at some point! good for you on getting pics..
hope things look up for ya

Toby's my baby
01-23-2005, 02:04 PM
Good idea lizbud, she could order pizza, and use one of those ways to order pizza!! :p ;)

catnapper
01-23-2005, 02:53 PM
Oy! What a day indeed! Good thing you have your camera phone! People should always have some type of camera for instances like this (I never do... but thanks for the reminder!) I hope you have some nice bubble bath gel and some candles... go turn out the lights, light the candles and sink deep into a nice warm bubble bath.

Fox-Gal
01-23-2005, 04:23 PM
Bubble bath sounds good, to bad no one left my house till midnight, last night, or I would have been right in the tub, bubbles and all.

It's the first time I really used the camera phone. When I got it I took a few pictures inside the house and they where crap, even with the flash. But the other day, outside, it came out pretty good.

This is one of the pictures I took after we push him off me some. See how the bumper is pulled away some on the one side,of my car. I hope it can get fixed without to much trouble. The pictures came out better then I thought they would. I'm glad I got one now, it came in handle yesterday.