PDA

View Full Version : Doggy Treadmill

Pit Chick
01-21-2005, 05:45 PM
Does anyone here have a doggy treadmill they want to sell? Or know of anyone or anyplace that sells them?

Pika23
01-21-2005, 07:30 PM
Those are illegal v.v They are usually used for training pits to fight. I hope you know you could be fined or even go to jail if you are involved in stuff like that.

Kfamr
01-22-2005, 07:16 PM
Why??? :confused:

I'm assuming it's for good use, although I have no idea where to purchase one.

dukedogsmom
01-22-2005, 07:17 PM
That's very interesting and if you are fighting them, this is certainly the wrong place to be a member. However, I did find this site:
http://www.badrap.org/rescue/myths.cfm
About halfway down, it says they can be used responsibly.

CathyBogart
01-22-2005, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Pika23
Those are illegal v.v They are usually used for training pits to fight. I hope you know you could be fined or even go to jail if you are involved in stuff like that.

Don't jump to conclusions, Pit Chick would NEVER abuse or fight any dog, she's a big advocate for the cuddliness of pitties.

Nothing wrong with having a doggy treadmill, it's all in the way you use it. Unfortunately, I don't know where to find one, but I'll keep my eyes open, and I will ask one of my friends who is very active in the show circuit if she knows of anywhere.

Giselle
01-22-2005, 11:26 PM
Wolfchan, very true. Many show people use treadmills for their own dogs. I have no problems with it unless it's being used for dog fighting (which I am very much against). In fact, I'm planning on buying a treadmill for Giselle....that is, once I get the money:D

I did see an ad for doggy treadmills somewhere on DF...I'll see if I can find it.

CathyBogart
01-23-2005, 12:51 AM
Oooh, I'll bet it would be GREAT for a runner like Giselle!

Pit Chick
01-24-2005, 08:50 AM
To put everyone's minds at ease, I'm looking for one to exercise my dogs. I'm too afraid to walk my dogs in my neighborhood anymore for fear of being approached by some of the other idiots parading their Pits around looking for a fight and I don't want anyone in my neighborhood knowing that I have Pits. They are too easy to steal. My crew has become quite the rounded couch potatos from lack of good exercise besides chasing each other through the backyard. Fortunately treadmills aren't illegal in Texas and neither are breaking sticks or spring poles. Fighters aren't the only ones who use these types of things for their dogs, despite what you hear or see on the news and Animal Cops. Thanks for the link DDM. I'm hoping to maybe find slightly used for a lower price and I don't know that I want to buy a treadmill from Colby. I don't know if he still fights his dogs, but I don't want to contribute to that if he does. Thanks for keeping your eyes open for me WolfChan.

gotmix
02-02-2005, 10:33 AM
There are treadmill for dogs sold on jogadog.com
They are fairly expensive even for the small one but it WILL provide indoor exercise. I have heard nothing about this excercise equipment being illegal. For what purpose it is being used and the integrity of the person making the purchase is another issue.

Tonya
02-23-2005, 10:18 PM
A friend of mine who trains police dogs uses a regular human treadmill. I've never actually seen the dogs on them though, so I don't know how she makes it safe or whatever. I think she leashes them to the front of it. :confused: